Jwhat201

Hope they're saveable thanks in advance for any help

I been told on another forum website calcium deficiency, and nutrient burn, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity. These people refused to elaborate so yea idk, I'm still kinda lost. And dont know what i should try to eliminate first. Maybe someone here can be more helpful.

Yellowing discoloration maybe rusting on two of my biggest girls. The oldest one with the biggest new tops is in MG potting soil. Started feeding her at full strength 2 weeks dose of FF trio when I first noticed the bottom leaves tips yellowing and cytoclydons lost their colour. She was 18 days old

The younger one with the smaller new tops is kinda having similar symptons it looks like. I fed her with 2 weeks strength yesterday or the day before. she was 12 or 13 days old. Her discoloration started sooner. From the bottom as well. And she was started in miracle grow but has been transplanted into Promix HP.

I also have two more girls in same tent. Smaller. But prettier, leaves are green. They've both been fed too just once as well. Smaller one at quarter strength when her first leaves were yellowing. seems to have fixed her tho they might have even gained back some of their green. and the bigger one at full strength.

The light that is closer is 600w, the one that's further is 1000W

I haven't been PH ing just because the tapwater in my town has always worked ok before and so I don't even have a ph meter or anything because I've never saw a need. Also I probably can't get one right now so I hope it isn't ph issues lol.

RH usually stays between 40 and 60 right now. Tries to keep it between 50 and 60 though. kept it 65 to 70 when they were younger. it only goes down to 40 overnight sometimes when my hanging towels dry out. Also I sometimes let it go down just to help the frigging MG dry out.

And temps were 23 to 30 usually 28ish. Lately I brought it down I have a fan in there and Its usually 25 to 28ish. Celsius sorry idk Fahrenheit.

If there's any little pests they're very sneaky and still because I been looking very closely

Also the plan was to feed then water then feed then water .

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'll attach some pics. If I left anything out please ask

I'm a bit of a worried parent here today

IMG_165366640632F.jpg
IMG_165366632632F.jpg
IMG_165366629032F.jpg
IMG_165366627178F.jpg

You seemed to have figured it out hey? Reading your post I think it's your feed you give them.
Perhaps water down more ? And see what happens?
I don't worry about PH levels to much as use advanced nutrients for my grows.
I had a similar issue with two plants and they died I found out I gave the plants 4 times to much feed I tried in vain to save them but they were toast.
Anyways ....I ain't no expert but I know what works i use promix as well I stay away from miracle grow products due to sodium contents in some of their products.
The leave look a bit nitrogen burnt.
Try straight water for a few waterings and note any changes or look at your nutrients.

Peace :)

You seemed to have figured it out hey? Reading your post I think it's your feed you give them.
Perhaps water down more ? And see what happens?
I don't worry about PH levels to much as use advanced nutrients for my grows.
I had a similar issue with two plants and they died I found out I gave the plants 4 times to much feed I tried in vain to save them but they were toast.
Anyways ....I ain't no expert but I know what works i use promix as well I stay away from miracle grow products due to sodium contents in some of their products.
The leave look a bit nitrogen burnt.
Try straight water for a few waterings and note any changes or look at your nutrients.

Peace :)
No, I have nothing figured out. Thanks for your input. When I look up nitrogen toxicity online it doesn't look like my plants. And yup it's looking like mine are probably going to die too, at this rate.

It looks to me like what happens when the leaves touch the soil.
Thx. It's spreading throughout the leaves though and quickly getting worse so nah I don't think it's because soil got on the leaves

The combination of purplish undertones (or is that just the light in your grow area?) and brownish edges on the leaves made me think of copper deficiency. Have you checked that out?

MG already has a lot of nutes in it... I doubt you need to give any more for a few weeks. You can strive for a bigger plant by fertilizing it though, but you need to do it correctly. I am not sure I would be comfortable giving full strength nutes in Miracle Grow however... at least not for the first 3 or 4 weeks. Get a pH meter and carefully adjust both your plain water and your nute water to 6.3 pH, every time. It will help. When you are using synthetic nutes, pH is very important.

Oh, thanks Emilya. I didn't get it. "MG soil" means Miracle Grow... Jeez, friend, why use that stuff? There are some who swear by it, but most swear it is too hot. I hope your plant survives and flowers, good luck @Jwhat201

MG already has a lot of nutes in it... I doubt you need to give any more for a few weeks. You can strive for a bigger plant by fertilizing it though, but you need to do it correctly. I am not sure I would be comfortable giving full strength nutes in Miracle Grow however... at least not for the first 3 or 4 weeks. Get a pH meter and carefully adjust both your plain water and your nute water to 6.3 pH, every time. It will help. When you are using synthetic nutes, pH is very important.
Please read the full post guys. Only one plant is still in Miracle Gro alone. And PH ing is out of the question for this grow my budget has run out.

Oh, thanks Emilya. I didn't get it. "MG soil" means Miracle Grow... Jeez, friend, why use that stuff? There are some who swear by it, but most swear it is too hot. I hope your plant survives and flowers, good luck @Jwhat201
please read the full post before replying guys. I know all about miracle gro that's why I transplanted

Is it all just in the tips of the bottom leaves ? Or is it in the upper leaves too ? It reminds me of 3 things. Calcium def. being the most likely. Leaves that have laid on wet soil. Wind burn from a fan blowing on the leaves too hard constantly. If it's on upper leaves too, do you have any pics of that in regular light? I did a grow in straight MG before. I got a gnat problem but no defs. But you up-potted to, I think you said Pro-Mix anyway. I'm not a fan of either one of those soils. I don't have much luck growing in Pro-Mix or Bio-Biz. No problems in FFOF though.

No, I have nothing figured out. Thanks for your input. When I look up nitrogen toxicity online it doesn't look like my plants. And yup it's looking like mine are probably going to die too, at this rate.
Like I said I am no expert google is a great resource however over information is the issue and trying to figure out what is best is challenging at times.
The best advice I can give you is stay on here there are a ton of good people on here.
I can say it's a nutrient problem, go back to your soil.
You could have the start of nutrient lockout I am not sure.
Never reuse soil which I did and plants pretty much died.
Do a PH check should be 5.5 to 7 roughly below 5 is acidic which will kill your plants
Try do a watering (check ph before and after)
I have raised plants without nutrients and have grown weed in a gravel driveway by accident dropped seeds.
These are weeds and usually grow great.
With human intervention we can create better and bigger buds with special nutrients my last harvest a week ago I trimmed the top cola off and it was a whopping 7 ounces wet.
Keep trying to figure it out but start with what I suggested you have nothing to lose

Peace

please read the full post before replying guys. I know all about miracle gro that's why I transplanted
Dear @Jwhat201: Is that what you say to folks who try to help you after YOU asked for help? You made me laugh out loud. You know all about it, yah sure, but please be more specific about what your problem is before you post asking for help, ok?

I been told on another forum website calcium deficiency, and nutrient burn, and after googling calcium deficiency I'm thinking myself it might actually be potassium toxicity.
Those plants look like they can be saved. I am thinking that the problem is related to a need for calcium.

LED lighting is the future of growing for many important reasons but it seems that the use of LEDs is creating a new problem which is easily fixed by using a Calcium-Magnesium product. The usual recommendation is to use it through most of the vegetating stage and into the first 3 to 4 weeks of flowering.

I believe that if you get a new set of photos in more natural light, either white light or sunlight, the true color of the damaged areas on those leaves will help to narrow it down much quicker.

Turn off the grow lights and this is often enough to force the camera to use the flash. Those photos have their own problem but it is a big step up from the Blurple coloring. Or take the plants to a window that is getting a lot of natural light. It will make a world of difference in how we can see the actual coloring on the leaves.

Those plants look like they can be saved. I am thinking that the problem is related to a need for calcium.

LED lighting is the future of growing for many important reasons but it seems that the use of LEDs is creating a new problem which is easily fixed by using a Calcium-Magnesium product. The usual recommendation is to use it through most of the vegetating stage and into the first 3 to 4 weeks of flowering.

I believe that if you get a new set of photos in more natural light, either white light or sunlight, the true color of the damaged areas on those leaves will help to narrow it down much quicker.

Turn off the grow lights and this is often enough to force the camera to use the flash. Those photos have their own problem but it is a big step up from the Blurple coloring. Or take the plants to a window that is getting a lot of natural light. It will make a world of difference in how we can see the actual coloring on the leaves.
Thanks man! And I finally listened lol attaching pics. Picked up some calmag today I'll attach percentages and stuff of that too. I plan to feed when they dry. I just transplanted both and watered. one yesterday one today. so they're both into mostly promix hp now I guess I can say but still some MG of course cause I'm too Noob and worried to prune roots lol.

IMG_165392846959F.jpg
IMG_165392780377F.jpg
IMG_165392283117F.jpg
IMG_165392280599F.jpg
20220530_122920.jpg
20220530_122902.jpg
20220530_122712.jpg
20220530_122658.jpg
20220530_122636.jpg

IMG_165392285234F.jpg

this is them today before transplanting the other one into same kinda pot. the other two In the background are nice and green

And I finally listened lol attaching pics. Picked up some calmag today I'll attach percentages and stuff of that too. I plan to feed when they dry. I just transplanted both and watered. one yesterday one today. so they're both into mostly promix hp now I guess I can say but still some MG of course cause I'm too Noob and worried to prune roots lol.
Good job on the new set of photos. And, the plants are looking good and the Cal-Mag will help.

It is not worth the worry about any of the Miracle Grow soil that is around the root mass. The main reason people seem to object to that brand of soil is because the company adds slow release fertilizers and not because of the Peat Moss or Coco Coir or Humus or any of the other soil components. Those fertilizers should be disappearing soon if they haven't already. The soil itself is not a problem.

Thanks so much guys :). I feel the need and will update yall pretty soon with some pics. Looks like the early transplant saved one! The other poor girl has been having a rough time not much left to her but maybe just maybe the calmag and better watering habits (finally stopped chickening out im doing it to run off now) might save her
pray.png
Ive named her Trooper

Back
Top Bottom