Can you tell which seed is male or female?

Hay Dean thanks alot for the +rep just trying to do my part for the community.
For every one else reading this thread and starting a grow please try this information out
and post your findings like ThatBoyDean said we need to get the numbers up to see if this info is legit or not. Thanks to all who are willing to participate and share there findings.

I've tried this for 2 grows now and had success picking 5 females in a row, if you were unsuccessful it's because you did it wrong. You don't look for anything flat or volcano shaped... The little spot where the seed connects to the plant, needs to be as round as you can get it.

Yep wanted to add to this old thread. Ive used this method for years now on my bagseeds. i get a pretty good rate of females. just this year, i used this method on the seeds i used in my sigs grow, which all turned out to be female. Thats 6 random seeds from a bag of mids i bought for $25. Maybe im just super lucky, but I'll continue to do this as long as i grow regular seeds. Just my 2 cents :thumb:

I've been told by a few people that pretty much every seed has the potential to be a male or female, based on the nutrients it's given, and the stress it undergoes.

This method was debunked as a prank years ago.
Think about it, why would seed companies go to all the trouble of feminization of seeds if they could just look at each seed and tell the sex? They would just create a machine with a sensor that picked out female seeds and separate them.
Because maybe is a marketing technique?

It's on you to do so. I am open to being convinced, but so far over time, picking the very best seeds I can each time, I still average 50%.
but have you ever based on the volcano formation in the seed of even the sprout? Even if it comes back 50-50 I'll still.end up with smokeable medicine so it's still a win win. I'm running them micro grow style too

but have you ever based on the volcano formation in the seed of even the sprout? Even if it comes back 50-50 I'll still.end up with smokeable medicine so it's still a win win. I'm running them micro grow style too

That's the problem, people are going by the shape of the seed, when you should be going by the shape of the indentation where the seed was attached. I've done this for 5 grows now, and I've got females every time.

Had a quick flick through there.
Gotta be blunt on this one.
Anyone that claims to be able to pick 1 male seed out of 100 female seeds is absolutely mental.

If it was possible to do it then seed companies wouldnt bother producing fem seeds with chemicals etc.

They'd only do regs and sell the males and females separately. They'd each be worth more money due to the garuntee of sex from natural production.

Have you ever seen anyone selling 100% MALE seeds????
they'd be worth a fortune to anyone who could do it and yet they don't exist.

These morons who claim to be able to sex seeds by looking at them are iether getting very lucky, lying through their teeth or just sadly delusional and living a fantasy.

If it was possible then these guys would be collecting these garunteed male seeds to sell them and making millions from their skills as the only men on earth that can do it ...

But nay, they're working 9-5 and still asking questions on here :)

Back
Top Bottom