Captain Howdy's - Crown Royal - Closet - Soil - Grow

one CBD Haze

i missed this before, i'd like to see how she turns out; hoping to do a CBD strain on my next run too

Low frequency will cause light flicker. You will not see it flicking but your pix do as well as your flowers. Mag ballast runs at 60 cycles min were e ballast rund 60 cycles sec.

Cheers

Low frequency will cause light flicker. You will not see it flicking but your pix do as well as your flowers. Mag ballast runs at 60 cycles min were e ballast rund 60 cycles sec.

Cheers
Jesus Christ man, you're absolutely my hero for this comment lol +Reps millertm! You're like weed McGuyver!
So are digital the way to go? I'm afraid of RF emissions. I purposely got magnetic for that reason..
With that being said... I took my ladies into the bathroom for a photo shoot... Here are my crown royales day 3 flower (day 15 12/12)..

image36169.jpg
image36170.jpg
image36171.jpg
image36172.jpg
image36173.jpg
image36174.jpg
image36175.jpg

My precious girls! Ha ha! Smelling amazing!

Stay high my friends!
-Captain Howdy ;)

They look great. Mag ballast just yield little less due to flicker. No big deal. Your pix gave you away. RF is not an issue unless you are near an airport. My ballast does not interfere with radio or wifi or Bluetooth. Runs cooler and pulls lower wattage from wall. 1K e ballast pulls 9.2A, mag will pull up to 25 percent more which is were extra heat comes from due to the coils.

Cheers

They look great. Mag ballast just yield little less due to flicker. No big deal. Your pix gave you away. RF is not an issue unless you are near an airport. My ballast does not interfere with radio or wifi or Bluetooth. Runs cooler and pulls lower wattage from wall. 1K e ballast pulls 9.2A, mag will pull up to 25 percent more which is were extra heat comes from due to the coils.

Cheers
Hey man.. Thanks! Good to know! I am not near an airport or anything.. I am admittedly on a budget and most of my stuff is second hand... When I started growing I was going to use my shitty cfl setup that I used for my first Purple Kush grow... As you can see I've gotten a bit more serious than I first intended.. I will upgrade my gear as I go but for now I'm pretty proud of my setup considering what I've spent.
I'm will likely buy a new ballast soon but I've had my eye on a 1000W HPS/MH Magnetic ballast at my local grow store.

I suppose a 1000W dimable digital ballast with MH/HPS capability would be ideal if I can get past the digital aspect.. I know my ballasts work and are reliable and are made here in Canada (my MH ballast is 20 years old) I fear digital ballasts for the sheer fact that I believe the newer technology is more prone to fire and other detection problems and a lot of these digital ballasts seem to be made overseas also I can't afford a top of the line one at this time.

What brand of digital ballast would you recommend keeping in mind I am far from rich.

Stay high my friends!

-Captain Howdy

I'm using an Apollo Purple Reign 1000 watt dimmable. It runs 400, 440, 500, 600, 630, 750, 800, 850, 1000, 1050. All for $126 on Amazon. I like dimmable because I veg with 400 watt MH. Flower under 1050 watt SHPS. You can run 400, 600, 1k bulbs on one ballast. Cool.

Cheers

I'm using an Apollo Purple Reign 1000 watt dimmable. It runs 400, 440, 500, 600, 630, 750, 800, 850, 1000, 1050. All for $126 on Amazon. I like dimmable because I veg with 400 watt MH. Flower under 1050 watt SHPS. You can run 400, 600, 1k bulbs on one ballast. Cool.

Cheers
Wow, I will defiantly look into that. That sounds perfect! And 1050? Awesome! Thanks millertm! Stick around bro!
-Captain Howdy ;)

Hey 420 friends!

Day three flower (day 14) 12/12 Crown Royales...

image36161.jpg

Everything seems good...

I did some repotting and organizing in the veg cabinet...

image36162.jpg

Two Green Cracks, four Dark Angels, one CBD Haze and six Crown Royale clones.

That's what's up in my garden...

Stay high my friends!
-Captain Howdy ;)

These things look awsome Capt. Good work. I am very interested to see how your cbd plant turns out. I'm thinking that will be next on my hit list. What bank did u get it from? I seen CKS has two available that peaked my interest.

These things look awsome Capt. Good work. I am very interested to see how your cbd plant turns out. I'm thinking that will be next on my hit list. What bank did u get it from? I seen CKS has two available that peaked my interest.

My dealer had been selling me what he was calling CBD silver haze... I found ONE seed in several ounces of it... I gave it a shot. I'm praying she's female because I love the strain... Sadly I'm not sure where the genes come from. It is also becoming a very interesting shaped plant... This is her...

image36178.jpg

I'll be keeping an eye out for pre flowers... I may cut and flower a branch when she's a little more mature.

Crop king seeds does have some incredible looking CBD strains. I will likely add a good CBD strain in six months or so...

Stay high my friends!
-Captain Howdy ;)

Looking good Cap'n.

I'm growing Painkiller XL - near perfect THC:CBD ratio - 6 or 7% each, depending on which seed bank's description you read. I have high hopes for a nice painkilling smoke without complete loss of motivation. When looking for high CBD strains the name caught my eye.

Good luck whatever you go for.
Thanks MaxHeadroom!

Painkiller XL sounds great, I smoke for pain relief as well so I'm looking for the same thing; something that I can go to work on and manage my pain but not feel like I'm glued to my chair.
The mother of this haze seed had an incredible high... I hope it's female man. If not oh well.. I've got too many plants anyway.

Stay high my friends!
-Captain Howdy ;)

Eh, I'm seeing pistols already. Flower tent in overdrive, great work. Keep your mag ballast, they have been working for year's.

Cheers

Eh, I'm seeing pistols already. Flower tent in overdrive, great work. Keep your mag ballast, they have been working for year's.

Cheers

Yeah bro! It's a pistol party :yahoo: I wouldn't mind getting that dimable system sooner than later so I could run a 600 MH for light print sakes in the veg cabinet while these crowns finish up. It wouldn't hurt for the hotter summer months either. All in good time...
Thanks for popping in buddy. :)

-Captain Howdy

Back
Top Bottom