Captain Kronic's Medical Dirt Grow

Your structure can't be as bad as my abortion of one:tokin:

We'll see... I will post a piccy or two of the abortion... what the hell though, I won't say too much bad about it... so far, it's holding well and keeping about 95% or better is covered, I have quite a few adjustments to make... cheers! :lot-o-toke:

Re: OldSchoolers Dirt Farm!

Great grow Captain Kronic. Definitely doesn't appear you lost any of your green thumb from the past. Great looking girls. I envy your 13+ hours of sunlight. At my old pad I was lucky to get 7 peak hours. Great spot you have.

DSCN1020.jpg

I couldn't help but notice what appears to be a 1984 or 1985 solid axle Toyota pick up in the background.... nice truck. :thumb:

I'd like to learn a little more about these Smart Bags. What are they made of? Do they come in smaller sizes?

Keep up the fantastic work. :blunt:

I couldn't help but notice what appears to be a 1984 or 1985 solid axle Toyota pick up in the background.... nice truck. :thumb:

I'd like to learn a little more about these Smart Bags. What are they made of? Do they come in smaller sizes?

Keep up the fantastic work. :blunt:
LOL... good eye... that is an 88 though, w/IFS! I sold it to my son in law when I got my 76 LandCruiser!

yeah i've see them kind of smart pots at the local hydro shop, but there was none that big.
You can get Smart Pots in any size you want, 400 was the biggest I could get in my local green shop.
Check it out... they kick ass!
Smart Pots Here

It has been raining here for the last 3 days. At times, it has been a torrential down pour!
I made a temp. shelter for the girls. I am surprised it has held up as well as it has. It was thrown up in a huge hurry, I made some adjustments once it was up.
When I take the plastic down, hopefully by tomorrow, I will make the rest of the adjustments, I have a feeling that w/a call for El Nina, it's gonna be wetter than not... I really hope not but, best to be ready!

DSCN18861.jpg

DSCN18871.jpg

That will work in a pinch brother, and it will save you many buds. Your cover is really not as bad as you implied. People all along the west coast are doing things like this to try to salvage their crops. La Nina is real and weather models should be correct in predicting more rain than usual this year.

LOL... good eye... that is an 88 though, w/IFS! I sold it to my son in law when I got my 76 LandCruiser!

You can get Smart Pots in any size you want, 400 was the biggest I could get in my local green shop.
Check it out... they kick ass!
Smart Pots Here

Cool, thanks for the link. Yeah it kinda looked like it had a solid axle, just blurred in the distance I guess! I knew it was a second gen pick up though. I have an 85 4Runner. Is the Cruiser an FJ40? I want to restore a 40 some day.

That will work in a pinch brother, and it will save you many buds. Your cover is really not as bad as you implied. People all along the west coast are doing things like this to try to salvage their crops. La Nina is real and weather models should be correct in predicting more rain than usual this year.
I've done quite a bit of work on it since we first put it up. Hopefully, I will take it down tomorrow, looks like the weather is gonna get better :thumb:
That being the case, I am gonna buy some PVC and make some structural improvements.
If La Nina is gonna do her thing, I have a feeling I am gonna need the cover for a while yet w/the Sativas!

Cool, thanks for the link. Yeah it kinda looked like it had a solid axle, just blurred in the distance I guess! I knew it was a second gen pick up though. I have an 85 4Runner. Is the Cruiser an FJ40? I want to restore a 40 some day.
Yeah, I'm sure if the pic were better you would have noticed the differences in the front clips.
Yes, the LandCrusher is an FJ40... the one and only!

I feel like making some pig sounds and talking about my F150 with the Triton V-8 snort snort

LMFAO... now that's funny! Gonna have to take you out to the "Army Mud"... shit eats Fords whole, and pretty much all others for that matter... LOL

:goodjob:Capt I will be sending some new members your way if that is ok with you?
I really enjoy this thread and the compassionate and thoughtful information you have provuded us all:nicethread::adore:
+Rep
I am honored... thank you, I hope they will enjoy this thread as much as I do!
Like I said, this place has the greatest community on the W3, bar none... cheers :thumb:

God I haven't been mudding in years. I played in the snow a lot though. I grew up in a 4x4 family. My dad had me driving his old Willy's Flatfender when I was like 10. I can still hear him, "Don't dump the clutch god dammit"

Has occurred to me very hungry to see your thread, I'm going to employ one of the good cigars:lot-o-toke:

I'm over here to see how this ends Capitan.

Health and Peace over there.:goodjob:

Some nice healthy plants there. I am old out door guy myself ,but when I started growing again I decided to try the indoor but in dirt .I started off growing some old seeds I had kicking around . Big bud and white grizzly mostly .I crossed them grew them out for a bit . Then I said the hell with it and went an bought some g-13 to get some potent seeds in my collection (very happy). I will cross them with some seeds I have. I'm dying to see what g-13 and white grizzly will look like together.
I will drop by a bit here an there to see your progress.:ganjamon:

I do admire the folks that do it right and grow the monsters. Cannabis was not meant to be grown in a PC Case or closet. I always had dreams of Mexico or Colombia with big fields of giant plants. Most of my life I have spent trying to keep my plants small so I would not get detected by the law or thieves. If it were all legal this would not be a problem. I would grow giants in my back yard. I am getting close to 50 and wonder if I will ever be able to live out this dream.

I do admire the folks that do it right and grow the monsters. Cannabis was not meant to be grown in a PC Case or closet. I always had dreams of Mexico or Colombia with big fields of giant plants. Most of my life I have spent trying to keep my plants small so I would not get detected by the law or thieves. If it were all legal this would not be a problem. I would grow giants in my back yard. I am getting close to 50 and wonder if I will ever be able to live out this dream.

Hopefully soon.... very soon.... :thumb:

I can still hear him, "Don't dump the clutch god dammit"
Holy shite bro, I can still her my uncle saying the same thing (he taught me to race/drive) Man, what memories that brings back... LOL
I had a logging boss that taught me to drive big rig and also cats, rubber tired skidders... he was not a real teacher type... AAHH, what the f&ck are you do... AAARRRGGHH don't use the brakes... thats costing me money... AAAHH!

Has occurred to me very hungry to see your thread, I'm going to employ one of the good cigars:lot-o-toke:

I'm over here to see how this ends Capitan.

Health and Peace over there.:goodjob:
Thank you for kindness xaomoreno... I hope I don't let you down :cool:

outdoor crop looks amazing bro, I really need to start growing outside, the plants look so much healthier
You are too kind bro, I mean really!
It's funny, I look around this site and I am often times intimidated by how good some of these people are at growing.
It is a new (personal) goal of mine to be recognized on this forum as a good grower by those who are considered to be the best. To be mentioned along these masters is what I want :cheer:
Because really, I don't know much of shite. My green luck is pretty much what saves my arse.

Some nice healthy plants there. I am old out door guy myself ,but when I started growing again I decided to try the indoor but in dirt .I started off growing some old seeds I had kicking around . Big bud and white grizzly mostly .I crossed them grew them out for a bit . Then I said the hell with it and went an bought some g-13 to get some potent seeds in my collection (very happy). I will cross them with some seeds I have. I'm dying to see what g-13 and white grizzly will look like together.
I will drop by a bit here an there to see your progress.:ganjamon:
I haven't grown any MJ in about 22 years, growing legally is a dream fulfilled for me (I have literally dreamed of it since I was a child)
I have never done an indo grow, I will be trying my hand at it this Winter!
I yearn to start crossing strains in the hopes of one day creating my own namesake strain. I had one many moons ago... it was a true purple sativa that we named "Valhalla Blue", I left it w/a pard when I hung up my grow pots for a life of 40 hour weeks... I am done w/that... I am partially, medically retired! I am planning a visit to my old friend once harvest is done... even some good friends get spooky when ya just show up out of the blue this time of year... I'll just play it safe and wait... LOL
Thank you for visiting my thread and, I hope you will keep coming back!

DO NOT GIVE UP ON THAT DREAM... PERIOD!
I am only 46, it took me the better part of 22 years to get back to this point (being able to grow I mean) I am not kidding one bit when I say that growing legally has been a dream of mine since I was about 14 or 15 yrs old. I always thought I might end up as a grower in some kind of a Gov. sponsored "Pineapple Express" type of setup... no lie man, I would still be into something like that!
My point is, I never gave up on that dream and now... it's becoming quite possible that I will not only get to grow my own meds... but I might just get a license for the 99 plants or whatever is may be... or even open a dispensary in good ol' Cave Junction; I would rather just be the grower though.
You seem to have the same dreams as myself bro... my plan is to blow up my lower field this next OD season. I have recruited 2 pards for this venture, I figure to do between 50 to 72, which would be our max for the 3 of us w/4 cards each.
Needless to say, this would be of a magnitude I have not yet experienced... my OD legals are small this year in comparison to next season when I will have planed ahead and gotten them in before mid/late June!
I speak truthfully to you here.
Being able to grow legally has enhanced my life in so many ways, it has also given me a reason to look forward to the future... :cheer:

I speak blessings upon all of us... may we all have the courage and fortitude to see our dreams to fruition!
Kindest of regards to all from So. Oregonja :cool:

EDIT: I will be uploading some fresh piccys very soon.

Got some sun today so I took a couple of pics for the plant of the month contest... I'll try to keep them boys honest... LMAO
Here are my entry pics... wish me luck:
A Williams Wonder in full swing, she has 3 wks to a month still:
Plant_of_the_Month_Final.jpg

Vote_Kronic_Final.jpg

Lookin' real good, Captain. I'm on my second grow and she's in her fourth week of 12/12 and goin' real strong. Especially for a rookie like me. First try was N.L. and it turned out really well. Huge colas and mega-trichomes but the curing left a little to be desired. A rookie move-too bad. Bottom line was still good and I will learn from my mistake. Patience was lacking and I moved it along a little bit too quickly. Tasted like mids but was nice and powerful. This batch is Flo', any recomendations?

Back
Top Bottom