Carbon Based fertilizers

safeman

Have heard alot about this : Rooted Leaf Agriteck.com
1) understand that they are from plant base nutrients which is derived from fermentation
2) NO Salts - which are present in all chemical nutrient lines ( just amounts of vary)

Any infor greatly appreciated Thanks !!

better have a good look at their labelling. they are loaded with salts. it's just clever marketing.

read through a few other forums. they are a bit controversial. main issues are price and the fact you need at least 6 bottles for a basic grow.
also a general lack of response for information unless they control the message in a youtube vid, or their podcast and blog.

like a few nute companies they hint and dance around the natural source / organic label but claim neither since they'd be sued into oblivion.

better have a good look at their labelling. they are loaded with salts. it's just clever marketing.

read through a few other forums. they are a bit controversial. main issues are price and the fact you need at least 6 bottles for a basic grow.
also a general lack of response for information unless they control the message in a youtube vid, or their podcast and blog.

like a few nute companies they hint and dance around the natural source / organic label but claim neither since they'd be sued into oblivion.
Thanks !!!! so they say that macronutrients are in Kelp, molasses, ect ----- boy !! they really did many "advertisement" podcast on many podcast sites a few years ago - have not hear much about them since then.

Thanks !!!! so they say that macronutrients are in Kelp, molasses, ect ----- boy !! they really did many "advertisement" podcast on many podcast sites a few years ago - have not hear much about them since then.

i use a dry nute that has the same confusion surrounding it. when you look directly at the labeling it's clear that it has salts, exactly the same as rooted leaf. they use many of the same sources.

the nute i'm using is the industry's most cost effective.

i use a dry nute that has the same confusion surrounding it. when you look directly at the labeling it's clear that it has salts, exactly the same as rooted leaf. they use many of the same sources.

the nute i'm using is the industry's most cost effective.
WoW !! another sales of mis-leading information Man there are 1,000 nutrients + now-a-days - feel sorry for the novice grower

WoW !! another sales of mis-leading information Man there are 1,000 nutrients + now-a-days - feel sorry for the novice grower

there are many good nutes through the board sponsors. there are a few i would kill to get but can't in canada. i would look there first and make use of the board discounts.

have a look at the offerings then do a search on the board for who uses them. not many folk use the search function we have very well. you can read through their journals and get an idea of how the nutes worked for other growers.

make sure you check journals and growers who are using the nutes you are considering, in the same media and style you plan to grow in. it will cut a lot of questions you have and research down.

which grow media or style you are planning on ? ie: hydro, coco, etc.
Soil may be Ocean Blend / happy Frog and Detroit Nutrient Company ( a living soil mix) So going to do a mix with these along with mycorrhizal inoculant + Stump Tea once rooted BUT in transplant I use Azros ( Extreme Gardening) Took another look and sure the are like chemical nutes in that they do have a n-p-k but thesae are made from "Fermented products" and Carbon is necessary for life If I purchase it will be Just their A & B Primer everything else I have as additives that they have ) have use many nutes and additives over the years thoughts ??

Soil may be Ocean Blend / happy Frog and Detroit Nutrient Company ( a living soil mix)

what's the justification for the mix ? have you grown in this before ? mixing two products often leads to complications that can't be fixed.

So going to do a mix with these along with mycorrhizal inoculant + Stump Tea once rooted BUT in transplant I use Azros ( Extreme Gardening) Took another look and sure the are like chemical nutes in that they do have a n-p-k but thesae are made from "Fermented products" and Carbon is necessary for life

they will be as chemical as most any other nute sources. only a few sources will be different. it's not organic.

If I purchase it will be Just their A & B Primer everything else I have as additives that they have ) have use many nutes and additives over the years thoughts ??

whose a + b primer are you using ? i see a mix of two different products that will fight with each other. 1 organic, one not.

what's the justification for the mix ? have you grown in this before ? mixing two products often leads to complications that can't be fixed.

they will be as chemical as most any other nute sources. only a few sources will be different. it's not organic.

whose a + b primer are you using ? i see a mix of two different products that will fight with each other. 1 organic, one not.
Yea !! got good results with this mix never no issues - carbon based nutrients sounds interesting but most elements can be gotten with other organic nutes

Soil may be Ocean Blend / happy Frog and Detroit Nutrient Company ( a living soil mix) So going to do a mix with these along with mycorrhizal inoculant + Stump Tea once rooted BUT in transplant
The Ocean Forest and the Happy Frog soil mixes are made by Fox Farms. The ingredients that Fox Farm uses are listed on the companies web pages. The Detroit Nutrient Companies also has the ingredients for their soils listed on their web site which I noticed during a fast check. Their popular Great Lakes Water Only mix seems to be their only soil mix.

Thing is that if you mix the Great Lakes Water Only with the other two then it is no longer a water only or a "living soil mix". Mixing all three of those soils and you will have a custom soil. If you run into a problem that could be because of the soil neither company will be able to provide a lot of help because someone else's soil was included.

Since the soil from the Detroit Nutrient Company has coco coir in it that can really change this new soil mix. Once mixed it many experienced 'natural soil' growers will comment about what the proper pH should be for the water. Should it be lowered because of the coco along with the peat moss? Should it be higher because there still is a fair amount of compost? Or, does it even that big of a concern?

The Stump Tea does really help during the vegetating stage. I experimented with it a couple of times to see if it worked and what it did. Maintain the schedule if you use it and it will help produce a good root mass and a quicker above ground growth.

It has a decent Nitrogen ratio, something like 10-0-0 if I remember right. This higher amount of Nitrogen might cause some problems once the plant starts flowering if the flowering stage fertilizers have a proper amount of N along with the P & K nutrients. The company makes a flowering Stump Tea package and that should be available at the same places where the regular Stump Tea is sold.

These 2 soils are a great combination mixed together. 50/50. The happy Frog gives the ocean soil a little more "Coco" air circulation. The 2 soils combine everything you need for the first month of growth easy. ...
Nicole, if you are talking about 'Coco Coir' the two Fox Farm soils do not contain any. At least none is listed on the Fox Farm web pages for those two soils. It looks like both of those soils are the same as far as major ingredients are concerned. The big difference seems to be the amounts and types of added fertilizers. The Happy Frog is a lighter fertilizer amount and that soil is often recommended for starter growing whether from seeds or cuttings. The Ocean Forest is a higher fertilizer amount and helps the plants get a real boost once they are past their seedling stage or the cuttings have started to develop a good sized root mass.

I often see growers put a layer of the Forest at the bottom of the container with a layer of the Frog on top. That way the roots can develop in the mild soil and then grow into the stronger soil once established. I have asked some of these growers why they do this and many of the first timers have no idea. They are just doing something they read about.

However, the soil from the Detroit Nutrient Company does have Coco Coir in it. Not sure if they cut the amounts of coco with peat moss but the companies web site does make a point of mentioned the coco.

Cool and lots of information
Yeah. I know it has no Coco core. I was talking about how the happy frog does a similar Coco air circulation in the soil, allows for the water to run and it's 'thinner' than the ocean soil. 🙏🏻
The ocean soil is good stuff alone however it really does hold onto the water. So your soil stays wet longer and it's definitely thicker. That's why they're a good mix.
Sorry for any confusion. My brain is faster than my typing skills. 😇

Cool and lots of information
Yeah. I know it has no Coco core. I was talking about how the happy frog does a similar Coco air circulation in the soil, allows for the water to run and it's 'thinner' than the ocean soil. 🙏🏻
The ocean soil is good stuff alone however it really does hold onto the water. So your soil stays wet longer and it's definitely thicker. That's why they're a good mix.
Sorry for any confusion. My brain is faster than my typing skills.

a number of commercial media products are changing their formula from a prior peat component to a coco coir component, or a hybrid mix.

european mixes are banning the use of peat both for environmental reasons, and due to a glut of unused coir. coir is a waste product from other industries. peat is a natural product with a finite availability.

the problem for growers is coco on its own with no amendments, runs as a hydro media under hydro ph rules, at 5.8. most peat products run as "soil" under soil ph rules at 6.3.

running a hybrid mix confuses the issue.

most mfgrs now amend their media mixes with dolomite which should allow for ignoring ph entirely, or have it run under "soil" ph rules.

the problem is it doesn't always work. especially in re-used media, or if you mix new/used media. but sometimes even in fresh. if a ph problem is encountered, it can be a tangle to fix.

The Ocean Forest and the Happy Frog soil mixes are made by Fox Farms. The ingredients that Fox Farm uses are listed on the companies web pages. The Detroit Nutrient Companies also has the ingredients for their soils listed on their web site which I noticed during a fast check. Their popular Great Lakes Water Only mix seems to be their only soil mix.

Thing is that if you mix the Great Lakes Water Only with the other two then it is no longer a water only or a "living soil mix". Mixing all three of those soils and you will have a custom soil. If you run into a problem that could be because of the soil neither company will be able to provide a lot of help because someone else's soil was included.

Since the soil from the Detroit Nutrient Company has coco coir in it that can really change this new soil mix. Once mixed it many experienced 'natural soil' growers will comment about what the proper pH should be for the water. Should it be lowered because of the coco along with the peat moss? Should it be higher because there still is a fair amount of compost? Or, does it even that big of a concern?

The Stump Tea does really help during the vegetating stage. I experimented with it a couple of times to see if it worked and what it did. Maintain the schedule if you use it and it will help produce a good root mass and a quicker above ground growth.

It has a decent Nitrogen ratio, something like 10-0-0 if I remember right. This higher amount of Nitrogen might cause some problems once the plant starts flowering if the flowering stage fertilizers have a proper amount of N along with the P & K nutrients. The company makes a flowering Stump Tea package and that should be available at the same places where the regular Stump Tea is sold.

Nicole, if you are talking about 'Coco Coir' the two Fox Farm soils do not contain any. At least none is listed on the Fox Farm web pages for those two soils. It looks like both of those soils are the same as far as major ingredients are concerned. The big difference seems to be the amounts and types of added fertilizers. The Happy Frog is a lighter fertilizer amount and that soil is often recommended for starter growing whether from seeds or cuttings. The Ocean Forest is a higher fertilizer amount and helps the plants get a real boost once they are past their seedling stage or the cuttings have started to develop a good sized root mass.

I often see growers put a layer of the Forest at the bottom of the container with a layer of the Frog on top. That way the roots can develop in the mild soil and then grow into the stronger soil once established. I have asked some of these growers why they do this and many of the first timers have no idea. They are just doing something they read about.

However, the soil from the Detroit Nutrient Company does have Coco Coir in it. Not sure if they cut the amounts of coco with peat moss but the companies web site does make a point of mentioned the coco.
you are a wealth of information -- I use this when In the last two week of flower FOOP Sweetener (best one on the market - organic too) Thoughts also got a sample of Miicrobial MASS from MIIM Horticulture (better than stump tea)

Back
Top Bottom