A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

That makes no sense. "You don't cook the steak... you just put it on a grill with a nice hot fire underneath it for a few minutes, flip it, wait a few more minutes and then serve."

Feeding it water for the last week or two is what flushing means.

Actually feeding water for the last week or two is more of a cleansing.... If I would have FLUSHED the soil with two to three times amount of my container then we have a flush.....

So when you take a dump ( your steak) do you just slowly flush the toilet, maybe just wiggle the handle a bit to let some of the water down for a few days until it is all gone??? I didn't think so........

Or better yet, when you get thirsty, you drink a glass of water. That's not flushing either.

Whether you feed them or not, plants are still going to get thirsty. I was operating under the assumption that you meant "don't feed 'em - but don't stand by and watch 'em wilt, either."

Ah, I see. You're quibbling over terminology. That's cool.

See, when I try to communicate with others I generally default to the most common term usage because I think that maximizes the likelihood of being understood, and minimizes stupid and pointless arguments over "how many is in 'a few'" and whether "next weekend" indicates the coming weekend or the weekend after that.

Take, for example, Clearex and Final Phase as examples. What category do these products fall into? They're "Flushing Agents". The vast majority of growers I've talked with call the period at the end of flowering when the plants are given plain water only, or water with a flushing agent, "flushing".

The use of the term as you explain is an emergency response to overfeeding, toxic build up in soil, or something along those lines. The context of the use of "flushing" makes it clear enough which meaning is being used.

Whether you like it or not, more people call the last phase where little or no nutrients are given to the plant "flushing" than not. Maybe you don't. But that doesn't make everyone else wrong if they do.

First off, Amazing study and thanks for all your work and posting this.

:bravo:

But I do have to disagree with you on one thing I see and know. And that is Hygrozyme. For someone using the FULL EarthJuice regiment, which is Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Meta K, Microblast and Hi-Brix Molasses, there is NO need or benefit from Hygrozyme in a soil medium. As for hydro and aero I have no clue, but I have used many "extras" with EJ in soil and I have found nothing, including Hygrozyme, that gains better results than the FULL EJ regiment by itself. The added price to me isn't even the issue, the little to no results is. NOTHING, but the FULL EJ lineup is needed for a full, fast and potent grow. Not to mention the great taste and aroma that comes from this great organic lineup with the proper drying and curing techniques.

:yummy:

EJ does well I guess but in my experience it's not as good as Advanced Nutrients.

It doesn't take the full line of AN to out-grow the full line of EJ.

Opinions are rarely fact, and the grower does the outgrowing, not the nutes. AN is just the most known and commercialized brand name of them all. Advanced Nutrients sells their organic lines much like new cars have different packages. You have to pay more to bump a level and get the bottles with the fancy stickers in the fancy shiny colorful cardboard boxes.

There is not one post on any forum I know of that has detailed pics and info of a grow battle between EJ and AN, so please don't tell me you know from "experience." :straightface:

I think there is far too much reliance on nutes these days and less on the basics that can also provide equally impressive results. I use the bare minimum of nutes I can get away with and try to avoid regimented feedings. Kelp Extract and good ol Fish Emulsion are my two primary choices along with Plantation brand BlackStrap Molasses during flowering. Applied "as needed" based on individual plant appearance and behavior.

I figured when I started growing that I get huge great tasting tomatoes and peppers using the same approach, so why not Cannabis? Why not is right! ;)

I take all the money I save by not buying all those expensive nutes and put it towards things like Air Pots! I have seen what those have done for some of my growing buddies here, so this is where I prefer to invest my $$ for crop improvement. ;)

Works for me! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I don't quite understand how using hygrozyme has no benifits in soil? that makes no sense to me....hygrozyme is enzymes and L-amino acids that help break down your soil and transport more nutrients to your plant, faster... Amino Acids in my understanding act as chelating agents for minerals such as MG, phosphorus and other's and allow easier uptake for plants.. and enzymes help break down the "organic" solids such as the guano's into a medium that can be uptaken by the plant...so how would this not be benificial to use??? Please enlighten me with your experience because to me it makes no sense on how using hygrozyme or any other similar product would be counter-productive?

Opinions are rarely fact, and the grower does the outgrowing, not the nutes.

I think there is far too much reliance on nutes these days and less on the basics that can also provide equally impressive results.

I would agree with this completely. But I would further amend it to include everything - all the equipment, nutrients, skill, genetics and anything else you want to attribute with the success or failure of a grow.

The best grower in the world can't grow fantastic bud with the wrong equipment (incandescent bulbs, etc). The best equipment doesn't prevent a terrible grower from killing his plants.

It's the convergence point of all the factors that determines the ultimate success or failure of a grow. A great grower using the best quality lights, equipment, nutrients, whatever, that's the grower who is most likely to wind up with the best plants. Sometimes something happens to screw up a great grow (pests, what have you). Sometimes an idiot with Miracle Grow and all the worst equipment manages against all odds to grow a respectable plant.

But if you're smart you know that 99 times out of 100 putting together the best strains, proper equipment, and such will give predictably excellent yields and quality. If we were the kinds of people who liked to "roll the dice" and see what happened we'd just throw seeds willy-nilly and come back in the fall to see what grew.

Personally I got better results with GH rather than AN.. but I make my own now so I dont use either one anymore.:peacetwo:

That's cool. It's all about what works best for each grower.

It's the "I have a grudge against X because of Y" crowd that need to chill out and smoke some. When you set out to find cause to hate someone or something you'll find it. When all you have is a hammer (or hate) everything looks like a nail (something to hate).

@Frankenstrain

I'm really interested in brewing up my own nutes. I just got burned by my hydro shop and bought a bunch of nutes which they claimed were organic, but actually aren't. In the interest of knowing what exactly is going into my plants I'd like to at least TRY to take things into my own hands.

So if there are any resources that you can recommend I'd love to hear about them. Books, websites, articles here on 420 - anything would be great. Hands-on stuff is probably better for me at this point since I don't know Shinola from anything else, but it would all be appreciated.

Thanks!

is the earth juice test 1 schedule made for liters or gallons?!?!?!?!

Welcome to 420 Magazine!

I looked at several of the 13 or so different mixing/feeding charts at Hydro-Organics' website, but didn't notice anything labeled "test 1 schedule" for their EJ products.

Nonetheless, all of the charts that I glanced at appeared to list measurements in both milliliters (ml) of product to liter of water and teaspoons (tsp) / tablespoons (Tbsp) per gallon. I'm assuming that all of their information is in the same side-by-side format, but if the chart that you are referring to only lists the one set and is unclear as to which it is, feel free to clarify your question by letting us know which chart exactly you are referring to and someone will take a look.

Hope this helps.

ledtester do you use all or which of the additives do u use that you mentioned in your test runs in your usual earth juice schedule like botanic are cal/mag+, obviously the hyrgozyme, but how about on the piranha, bud blood, green fuse bloom stimulator? what is your tap water ph coming out at? and do you not adjust the ph prior to feeding your plants or do you let the soil balance it out? do you add anything else to your soil mix (guanos, bone meals, greensand, etc.) or just what you said in posting #16? also have you ever used the humboldt nutrients mentioned i have the organic line and was wondering how they stack up to earth juice I'm gett earth juice next time around?

I can't lie, I am a little bummed out over the foxfarm test. I still have so much to learn.....I am using general hydro's grow,micro,bloom with floralicious plus,florablend, (was going to start using flora nectar), also diamond nectar along with foxfarms 3 soliables. Also I used Great White root treatment(only one treatment) and hydrozyme. Any ideas or comments? Is this crazy? ant input is greatly apprieciated!.......Have you ever tried anything like it. I did not transition yet, so if it is that bad, I can still switch it up. I thought foxfarm soliables where the best....also what do you think of the root treatment? is one time enough?Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but after reading you threads, it seems like you wouldn't mind helping out......One more thing, I never really heard much on earthjuice but it sounds like you talk highly of it. Although, it dosent seem like it would mix with anything I am using.

I am wondering if you could tell me how much additives you add into your mix? Thanks,

I loved the Thread. A lot of Information and I need, since I am just starting out.

Jeff

O.K. I got what you are suppose to put in the water and how much, but I don't have how much additives you have to add to the soil to get the right mixture or am I reading this all wrong?

Jeff

I'm using the Earthjuice based on your review and I'm happy with it so far. Couple things to note. Shake the grow and flower bottles very very vigorously to get the solids mixed up off the botom.

Also, how much of the other hygrozime or high brix are you mixing in and when?
thx

Back
Top Bottom