How long do you leave in the skewer? I was told 30 minutes.
Hi Shed, glad you're home, safe and dry!
I have just done a 30 minute test and it came out bone dry. Since droop usually signifies too much water, what do you make of this droop?
DSC_4672.jpg

Greetings, it's time for another tabulated update. You will see here that the seed pack harvest windows are completely out for these plants.
Screenshot (759).png

First up, this is the best this plant did at praying before droop set in again and made me check the soil. The BBQ skewer came out bone dry and the bag was light. It was due a dose of calmag, and 2L water it got, with fish hydrolysate, kelp extract, molasses and calmag.

Next up is the Gelato auto 2 which is preparing to flower any minute now.

And finally, Gelato auto 1 flowers to show how the leaves are finally "praying" and the budlets are puffing up on day 26 of flower.

Thank you for spending time with me in my garden :passitleft:
Beautiful canopy, beautiful colours, beautiful growth, great work!
Hi Carmen I have had great success with the Elm Dirt products. That’s really all I am adding to my dirt. I am using the bloom juice now and I swear they grow an inch everytime I use it lol. And my pots are solid roots too. I use a chop stick to poke holes all around the pot before I top water.

IMG_7033.jpeg
Your plants also look great!
POST FLUSH REPORT BACK AND FLOWER PICS
I'm pleased to report that the flush seems to have helped both plants. Here are pics of their leaves raised in the air. The Parmesan is still not praying properly but the leaves are raised.

And now for some flower pics.

Thanks for the help and support. I hope these plants are on a better track and that the rest of flower will be productive and uneventful.
Congrats on the beautiful plants. They look like they’re going to be a real treat!

Assessing its options. A bit unsettled by recent changes, she’s having a little moment to compose herself and by end of day today or just after wake up tomorrow she’ll be dressed to impress.

Nick
This one hasn't been flushed hey. It's had no sudden shocks or surprises. Do you think I should not give it water today? Do you think I should wait until later and see?

Beautiful canopy, beautiful colours, beautiful growth, great work!

Your plants also look great!

Congrats on the beautiful plants. They look like they’re going to be a real treat!
Thank you Valerie! There is a bit of damage to leaves but the flowers are building and that's what's important here now.

This one hasn't been flushed hey. It's had no sudden shocks or surprises. Do you think I should not give it water today? Do you think I should wait until later and see?
Drooping can also be caused by lack of water. I have 3-4 at the moment in solos, fed at 9am normally. Then again 6pm. At 5pm they are so droopy the tops are falling over. At 6:10pm they are upright and praying. Obviously this in coco so different. But dry pot and drooping leaves I reckon water it 🤷🏽

Nick.

Drooping can also be caused by lack of water. I have 3-4 at the moment in solos, fed at 9am normally. Then again 6pm. At 5pm they are so droopy the tops are falling over. At 6:10pm they are upright and praying. Obviously this in coco so different. But dry pot and drooping leaves I reckon water it 🤷🏽

Nick.
I've done it, thanks Nick!
Right. The leaves look a little different but if you are bone dry you have gone to the other extreme.
Hi Azi, thank you. I have given the plant 1.5 L water and now I wait for some praying!

I'm sorry this is dragging on a bit. I think this might be Septoria. What do you think? I have flushed the plant and dosed with calmag when feeding microbes, mycos and Nourish. The leaf issue continues to spread.

DSC_4680.jpg
DSC_4681.jpg
DSC_4683.jpg

Was it not dying before the plant rehydrated? Look like it was on its way already. I'd wait a bit after watering her.
I watered it yesterday. It is spreading rapidly. I would flush if I hadn't already flushed, and I did 60 L. The leaves least affected were not at all affected yesterday. By comparison, the other plant that had the lockout has recovered well and the leaf issue on that plant is contained. I am really worried about this rapid spread.

Hi Shed, glad you're home, safe and dry!
I have just done a 30 minute test and it came out bone dry. Since droop usually signifies too much water, what do you make of this droop?
If it's dry you water it! I think the leaf issue is the same as it was with my sad SIP but as I mentioned, I have no idea if yours has time to make the same transition back to soil roots since it's an auto. You have to treat it like a top fed plant regardless of how the leaves look and don't let it get completely dry in flower.
I think this might be Septoria.
That's not what I think of as septoria. Does it start as a dark spot with a yellow ring? Without the yellow ring it still looks like Ca deficiency, but if you're nervous about it, pull off the affected leaves and bin them. That and Neem oil (not recommended at all in flower) are the only options I recall.

If it's dry you water it!
Ok. I have lost confidence a bit.
I think the leaf issue is the same as it was with my sad SIP but as I mentioned, I have no idea if yours has time to make the same transition back to soil roots since it's an auto.
Ok so it is still resembling your sad SIP? Gee was saying that neither of his previously swicked plants have recovered. How often should it get calmag do you think?
You have to treat it like a top fed plant regardless of how the leaves look and don't let it get completely dry in flower.
Ok. I have become quite uptight about watering these plants. Perhaps I should water them less and more often, so that they never dry out but they never run off either. I just don't think the bottom roots give the uppers a chance if there is saturation down there. What do you think?
That's not what I think of as septoria. Does it start as a dark spot with a yellow ring? Without the yellow ring it still looks like Ca deficiency, but if you're nervous about it, pull off the affected leaves and bin them. That and been oil (not recommended at all in flower) are the only options I recall.
I don't see any yellow spots. Since you say that this is still resembling your formerly ailing plant I feel less inclined to grab at straws. Thanks for calming me down!

Did you feel the earthquake? 😮

How often should it get calmag do you think?
For me its all the time - I even flush (lazy man Sunday flush) with 1.5ml/L instead of 2ml/L. But hydro/coco. In your medium what’s the normal delivery system?

For me its all the time - I even flush (lazy man Sunday flush) with 1.5ml/L instead of 2ml/L. But hydro/coco. In your medium what’s the normal delivery system?
Do you mean as in how do I give it to them delivery system? I mix 3 ml calmag in 2 L water and top water. So you give at every feed? I know Otter gives his flowering plants calmag once a week, but they don't look like this. The bottle doesn't say. You're talking synthetics and I think it might be a different kettle of fish. You're a star :passitleft: I'm gonna wait and see if someone who knows organics happens by with something definitive for me.... "dance like John Travolta now.... we're getting away with it all, messed up.... that's the living"... this song is on again wooohooo! 🎶

Edit: Sorry Nick, when I read over that it sounds dismissive and I wasn't doing that in my head. I got distracted by the James song and lost my way a bit... verrrry stoned atm. You are a 💫🌟💫, thank you :)

Yeah was what I was getting at - in organic presumably there must be or meant to be another source of it? Because I’m doing 2ml/l every day (and I see the yellow/brown marks pretty quick if I don’t and you’re doing only 1.5ml/L once a week. Lets see how I’m going in a couple of weeks in my first soil grow 😅

Nick (thinking of Starry Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold 2003?)

Yeah was what I was getting at - in organic presumably there must be or meant to be another source of it? Because I’m doing 2ml/l every day (and I see the yellow/brown marks pretty quick if I don’t and you’re doing only 1.5ml/L once a week. Lets see how I’m going in a couple of weeks in my first soil grow 😅

Nick (thinking of Starry Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold 2003?)
I love this song too. I haven't heard it before can you believe. I googled and discovered it was released in Aug 2002. It's a seriously catchy song lmao!!! :theband:

Azi will have your back with the organics!

Carmen you got me excited to germinate some seeds and grow some plants. Carmen your definitely stressing too much, this is how we have fun . After 3 years of growing I got a good method that worked for me. I liked 3-5 gallon fabric pots although I do wanna try some new methods. After 6 weeks I watered every other day at least a gallon it seemed to flush out excess nutes and my plants grew nicely, mind you I’m an auto flower grower, definitely a different beast than the regular growers. I used geoflora and I really never had a problem, hey I wasn’t growing massive plants but I grew 4-5 oz plants, Carmen once you get this your gonna kill it, your so passionate about growing that’s why I’m gonna plant some this week you got me excited.I’ll never match your passion only women have that passion with plants, no disrespect guys, look at Krissis gardens, just outstanding

Back
Top Bottom