CB Dutch Treat vs Sour Diesel and Bubba Kush

bcescape

And taking an early lead is....

FullSizeRender147.jpg

View image in gallery

My first grow... so no expert for sure. Germinate, then veg it out - which seems to take much longer than I originally thought. Anywhere from 6 weeks to ... sky's the limit. Then flower it for 8-10 weeks and then harvest. Slow dry and cure in glass jars. Lots of help on this forum on all the topics.

The auto varieties just begin flowering at about 4 weeks or so I understand. No matter what. So a good option for an easier grow.

Have fun!

Lute - There are some variations on how some people do it. I've read where some will harvest certain buds and leave the remaining and spread it out a bit.

Myself, I harvest the plant at one time. When the color of the trichomes get to where you want them (clear/cloudy/amber - with amber being the decline of THC potency), I cut each branch off, trim all the larger leaves so I have the buds in pretty much their final shape, then hang the branches in a dark place (for me, a hanger in the closet - check out my grow journals), low to med humidity in around 70-75f with maybe slight air movement for about 3-4 days or until they feel right. Then I trim the smaller buds off the main branch and usually leave the main top of the cola at 3-4". Put them into jars for curing. I check 2x per day, opening the lid to air out. Humidity should be about 75%. If it's too high, you might want to lie them on paper towels in the dark for another day or two. They then sit in the jar with boveda 62% humidity packs pretty much until I've smoked everything. :Namaste:

Good luck Lute & BC :welcome:

BC is correct. The veg period varies and you can start flowering a week or two in - though not recommended. Flowering for a photo plant begins when you flip the lights (flipping means going to 12/12 light/dark). The longer you veg, the more bud sites you will get when you flip to flower.

I've grown 5 auto's and 1 photo (current grow). Auto's go from 70 - 90 days without fail. I let my 2 photo plants veg for 43 days and overall it will end up around 100+ days.

One of my plants is a mini-flux. Look up "flux" and you'll see links to the process. It is very time consuming but if you do it, you can get fantastic cola's.

Here is a link to a classic flux thread:

Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

My lights are still shipping, so am forced to make do.

But after 6 days the playing field seems to have evened out.

That is Ms B. Kush to the left, Ms CB Dutch Treat in middle and MS Sour Diesel to the right. Have some tiny tims off to the side seeing how they will do. I had one compromised seed in the Bubba Kush pack and not sure if it will make it - hope so...

Here is my seed pack for the Bubba Kush, with my one Tiny Tim... Hope it pops. It arrived out of shell.

3 days after soak...

Bubba Kush was first off the mark.

Here they are after the mandatory soak as required by Crop King. I put them into the wet paper towels. In 3 days they were the most vigorous by far. Tiny Tim - the cracked seed sad case - is at the top. She is being a little stubborn no signs yet.

And here is the CB Dutch Treat

The Seeds

CB_Dutch_Treat_Package.jpg

And here they are 3 days after soak...

3_day_Dutch_Treat.JPG

Interesting, that while the BK had bigger root, that one of the Dutch Treats still outperformed after first hitting the soil. But in the end they all evened out after 6 days.

They are all winners! Everyone just needs a little warmth and space.

girls_and_their_caps.jpg

Girls like to tip their caps... makes me worry a little about little Ms. BK tiny tim. Maybe jealousy will motivate her.

Yes, I have been taking pics and tracking the progress. Just need to upload into a coherent thread. Will do that next week. Thanks for the interest. Have been very impressed with both the seeds and my LED lights. I added one auto amnesia haze to the mix too. It is already flowering.

I am growing CBDutch Treat and Bubba Kush right now. I just received my sour d Seeds for my next grow. The Bubba Kush leaves are enormous.

Back
Top Bottom