Changing to LED from MH & HPS, 1000w each: What should I get to match?

Sask420grow

Hi all. Thanks for looking at my post. I’m looking at changing from my current set up which is a perpetual harvest with two tents. Both rooms have 1000w old school metal halid in veg and a 1000w HPS in flower. I want to get LED to save power. Currently pulling 7-8k watts due too having to cool the rooms with a portable ac + scrubber + exhaust and inlet fans (bathroom fans)+ three oescilsting fans and a large stand up fan.
Gotta lower heat but want to trade performance strait across.
Any advice and tips. Thanks

I've got 4 of the 320xl Quantum Boards, and they're great! I use 1 for veg in a 2'x4' tent, and 3 in a 5'x5' bloom tent.

I've seen that Mars is now making something similar to the QB's too. Maybe @SmokeSara could help point you in the right direction. Goodluck!

I have been hearing good things about the mars SP250. New white full spectrum LED. Not a bad price. they are a sponsor so I can talk about them lol.
Thank you UrbanAchiever, for mentioned Mars Hydro, yes you are right, SP 250 is a great choice. :thumb:

Hi Sask, I have two recommendation for you, one is our SP-250, you can use three of them to replace one 1000w HPS, three of them total you get 700w, saving at least 30% energy. White light, and full spectrum give you natural light, no fan design, new SMD chips, which ensure the light output and longer lifespan. Also the most importantly is it has A PPE of 2.35~2.45umol/j, which will ensure your yields.

But considering you might not light too many lights together, and also this light is very hot, and many place still don't have stock. I would like to recommend our Mars Pro II for you as well, it is our famous star light, reflector cup design, mix the lights very well, one of the Mars Pro II 320 can replace 800w HPS. You can use two of them and add another smaller side lights, will also ensure your yields. What is more, we have promotion recently for this light, 10% off during 18~20th April, and as long as you order more than 500USD, you will get another great light or tent ramdomly.

Can someone explain why I need such high powered led to replace a 1000w system? Are the led outputs that much lower? Should I maybe just keep with my current set up and venture toward finding other means of power? That’s my main problem. The power has made my power bill double with only one going. Adding another will break me in the pockets. I have about 250-300 to spend on this upgrade. But if I sold the current 1000w’s, I would have more...

Can someone explain why I need such high powered led to replace a 1000w system? Are the led outputs that much lower? Should I maybe just keep with my current set up and venture toward finding other means of power? That’s my main problem. The power has made my power bill double with only one going. Adding another will break me in the pockets. I have about 250-300 to spend on this upgrade. But if I sold the current 1000w’s, I would have more...
Usually if you want to grow the same and better quality yields, you will needs to replace LED watt for watt. In the market, there are companies selling lights at just over 100w and claim it can replace 1000w HPS/HID, that is totally false advertising. if you trust that, you will get very bad yields. But how come LED will save more energy? Because LED give out less heat, which will reduce your cooling system's electric bill, and also, LED give plants better spectrum, so that you will get better quality buds;
For plants, usually if the light PPE is over 2.0umol/j, you will get great yield. Tradtional lights gets around mostly 1.8Umol/j, but now we have our SP series, which give you 2.35~2.45umol/j, in which way, can saving more energy, at least 30% than the tradtional HPS and LED grow lights, so it is really good to use. :)
Hope my explaination is clear, if you have any question, just let me know.

Listen to the Captain
Look at what he uses
He is using Quantums
Don't get sucked into spending money on Mars for stellar performance
It all depends on expectations
You can grow weed with Mars, you'll get better performance with other choices
They will cost you though

What about this light to replace the flower light?
It’s a king plus 2000w led
That's only a 380w mate. With blurples you go by the draw wattage. Not what's advertised. Only cobs and qb LEDs can replace hid lights though. Blurple just doesn't perform as well watt for watt. I use both and there's no comparison.

If your budget allows for it
2 X Quantum 320XL fixtures will replace a double ended 1000 watt HPS/MH
So you'd need 4 of them for your perp harvest
2000 bucks and your set
cheaper if you get the components and build it yourself

How much cheaper, Stunned?

Depends on what lengths you want to go in sourcing your materials.
Getting the parts from a place like Alibaba, the savings are considerable

So maybe half the price? Or what?

Usually if you want to grow the same and better quality yields, you will needs to replace LED watt for watt. In the market, there are companies selling lights at just over 100w and claim it can replace 1000w HPS/HID, that is totally false advertising. if you trust that, you will get very bad yields. But how come LED will save more energy? Because LED give out less heat, which will reduce your cooling system's electric bill, and also, LED give plants better spectrum, so that you will get better quality buds;
For plants, usually if the light PPE is over 2.0umol/j, you will get great yield. Tradtional lights gets around mostly 1.8Umol/j, but now we have our SP series, which give you 2.35~2.45umol/j, in which way, can saving more energy, at least 30% than the tradtional HPS and LED grow lights, so it is really good to use. :)
Hope my explaination is clear, if you have any question, just let me know.
You say I need to trade watt for watt. The king plus is a 2000w light. The HPS is 1000w light. Isn’t this what you a referring too when saying watt for watt? Doubled in my eyes.
I’m looking at led due too the electricity costs. Advertised as 2000w output from the light while pulling 340w from the wall. Can you explain how the 2000w light is only performing at 340w? I’m confused on this part. I thought this was the selling feature for led lights. The put out high efficiency while saving in power...

That's only a 380w mate. With blurples you go by the draw wattage. Not what's advertised. Only cobs and qb LEDs can replace hid lights though. Blurple just doesn't perform as well watt for watt. I use both and there's no comparison.
What do you mean it’s only 380w? It advertised 380 out of wall but the output from the light is 2000w... can you explain what you mean?

Back
Top Bottom