Changing to LED from MH & HPS, 1000w each: What should I get to match?

Didnt realize I was having a bulb-off.. Lol
Can your QB boards cut it watt for watt against CMH.... Careful now...
That double 630w rig will decimate anything of the same wattage draw.

Oh.... And yearly...$200...worth every stinky arsed cent for the best quality buds and healthiest plants you will see under low running cost cmh... boosted uva uvb, controllable temps, and the closest index to natural sunlight....97%
:ganjamon:

No bulb off lol! But no rookie here. I dont BS anyone, just do my thing n throw my opinion out there.Yes I believe qb will keep up, or outperform cmh. I replaced 2000w with 960w and my quality has gone up from hps. Here's what I was doing under hps. It has definitely got better under the qbs.

Your pretty confident. A 630w cmh in 1.2 x 1.2 will outdo all else of that wattage and I stand by that. Hps maybe the exception but at twice the wattage.

Just a few sums, so you realize, I could outdo those numbers, not too hard.

You...
3000w 3600g... 1.2g- watt..... QB LED.

3150w 3780g- 180g for extra 150w is 3600g.
1.2g per watt is a doddle with CMH.
Did that..4 plants 40cm high in 4.5L pots.

I have 8 plants that will EASY go 1.5g watt, mixed strains, in 9L buckets of 70/30 coco.
So at 1.5g per watt, thats 10 pounds....

Wanna play? LED are not the only players. Im just giving an option.
Didnt needva slide show for a debate thats all......

Oh and sorry dude that asked the question, but you want all opinions eh?
So there is mine for you.

"Careful now......my 630 rig will decimate....he he"...sound familiar? N I'm cock swinging? All I did is post a couple pics.

Read back, I said A 630W CMH rig......
blah..blah...
Dont misquote me.

Didnt realize I was having a bulb-off.. Lol
Can your QB boards cut it watt for watt against CMH.... Careful now...
That double 630w rig will decimate anything of the same wattage draw.

Oh.... And yearly...$200...worth every stinky arsed cent for the best quality buds and healthiest plants you will see under low running cost cmh... boosted uva uvb, controllable temps, and the closest index to natural sunlight....97%
I see a lot of people doing well with the 315 hortilux CMH. They produce extremely healthy and very resinous plants. Indeed some of the best looking buds I've seen.
Again though, to say it's twice as good as hps is quite a claim.
im all for cobs and qbs, I've seen more than enough people pull over 2gpw used in bloom with them. Even a few pros that pulled 2.5.
hps though the average i see for pretty good growers is 1.5gpw used in bloom.
so 1000w hps for bloom equals 1.5kg.
so if you're saying they're twice as good, I'm expecting around 1.3kg from your 630w.
If they can't do that then I'm sorry to say but they're not twice as good. Maybe more efficient. Might produce stronger weed, but for many of us the strength isn't nearly as important as the effects.
personally I prefer mid range 50/50 strains so something that can melt my face after 3 tokes is no good to me lol.
i need nice n light, happy stones for during the day and mildly Indica leaning for night time. I grow for someone else aswell so I have been strain hunting for facemelters but he's happy with what I do for him so don't see the point in sacrificing yield for strength.

i know I get wound up about the lighting thing but it really is a pet peave of mine.it leads people to unrealistic expectations.
When I work my bollocks off to keep everything sweet I can keep up with most growers using blurples. The light is important but environment, feeding regimes and genetics are all equally as important for a good grow.

Your pretty confident. A 630w cmh in 1.2 x 1.2 will outdo all else of that wattage and I stand by that. Hps maybe the exception but at twice the wattage.

Just a few sums, so you realize, I could outdo those numbers, not too hard.

You...
3000w 3600g... 1.2g- watt..... QB LED.

3150w 3780g- 180g for extra 150w is 3600g.
1.2g per watt is a doddle with CMH.
Did that..4 plants 40cm high in 4.5L pots.

I have 8 plants that will EASY go 1.5g watt, mixed strains, in 9L buckets of 70/30 coco.
So at 1.5g per watt, thats 10 pounds....

Wanna play? LED are not the only players. Im just giving an option.
Didnt needva slide show for a debate thats all......

Oh and sorry dude that asked the question, but you want all opinions eh?
So there is mine for you.

Well.....like I said I grow smaller producing strains. Also! Your math is a bit off, at 3000 watts I'd hit 10 pounds. Actually 12! Maybe more with the overlapping light. And in my opinion quality is the only thing that matters!

Lowrider. Hey bud I'm not trying to take anything away from what your doing or go against what it is your saying. Caught me in a pissy mood. Usually I just unwatch n go about my day. Sincere apologies for me being out of pocket. Don't need to add drama or bullshit to someone's thread or into life for that matter. Everyone have a blessed day n enjoy the holiday coming up.

Or as an alternative......
Go 2 x 630w CMH set ups, ebay, philips globes. Done.
One 315w is equal to a 600w mh- hps light.
So you get more light and save 30% power and better plant health.
Is that what your looking for?
Was what I was looking for.....hehe
I like this idea. Not led but still achieving my main objective. Power consumption! Thank you.

I see a lot of people doing well with the 315 hortilux CMH. They produce extremely healthy and very resinous plants. Indeed some of the best looking buds I've seen.
Again though, to say it's twice as good as hps is quite a claim.
im all for cobs and qbs, I've seen more than enough people pull over 2gpw used in bloom with them. Even a few pros that pulled 2.5.
hps though the average i see for pretty good growers is 1.5gpw used in bloom.
so 1000w hps for bloom equals 1.5kg.
so if you're saying they're twice as good, I'm expecting around 1.3kg from your 630w.
If they can't do that then I'm sorry to say but they're not twice as good. Maybe more efficient. Might produce stronger weed, but for many of us the strength isn't nearly as important as the effects.
personally I prefer mid range 50/50 strains so something that can melt my face after 3 tokes is no good to me lol.
i need nice n light, happy stones for during the day and mildly Indica leaning for night time. I grow for someone else aswell so I have been strain hunting for facemelters but he's happy with what I do for him so don't see the point in sacrificing yield for strength.

i know I get wound up about the lighting thing but it really is a pet peave of mine.it leads people to unrealistic expectations.
When I work my bollocks off to keep everything sweet I can keep up with most growers using blurples. The light is important but environment, feeding regimes and genetics are all equally as important for a good grow.
Mate, sorry you too misquote me.
I never said cmh was twice as good as hps. I grew with hps for years.... For a reason....they kick arse....
1 315w CMH will keep up with and cover the same area as one 600w hps.
Smaller buds, but better quality , flavour and terpenes.
I appreciate your opinion mate.
To be honest I think a combo of CMH and LED is the future...and will be trying them later.

Lowrider. Hey bud I'm not trying to take anything away from what your doing or go against what it is your saying. Caught me in a pissy mood. Usually I just unwatch n go about my day. Sincere apologies for me being out of pocket. Don't need to add drama or bullshit to someone's thread or into life for that matter. Everyone have a blessed day n enjoy the holiday coming up.
Thats not a prob brutha, I apologise as well. Im not exactly....tactful...my bad.
Dont unwatch...by the way...I liked your,plants....

I like this idea. Not led but still achieving my main objective. Power consumption! Thank you.
Sask, you can see its not always easy with lighting choices....
In my honest opinion, CMH and maybe a couple of cobs in there later and mix the two spectrums. Daylight cmh spectrum and an ehanced red spectrum in the cobs for flower to add to the cmh.
But cmh for a start achieves what your looking for power savings wise and gets you on the road to some led research, like me... Hehe.

i was living the same quest for the past 3 weeks changing from 6oow hps/mh to LED and ended up buying COBs check niello 600w COB on amazon , it will give you closure

i was living the same quest for the past 3 weeks changing from 6oow hps/mh to LED and ended up buying COBs check niello 600w COB on amazon , it will give you closure
Yeah I'd be a bit wary of that one to be honest mate. Says it's a 600w. Then says it replaces a 600w. Then says it's "average 210w"
210w of cob isn't enough to replace a 600w HPS. I never trust lights that dont give you straight stats or exagerates what it's capable of.

2 of them do outperform a 1000 hps and more coverage
Nah sorry buddy but that's just not true. If you can get 1.5 kilos from 420w of cobs your the best grower in the world lol. Plenty guys can pull that with a 1000w HPS. (Not me unfortunately :( I suck with hps)
Won't argue that the cobs can produce much better weed but In terms of replacing the productivity of hps theyre only about 40% more efficient. So would take 3 of them to replace 1000w in terms of yield.

Nah sorry buddy but that's just not true. If you can get 1.5 kilos from 420w of cobs your the best grower in the world lol. Plenty guys can pull that with a 1000w HPS. (Not me unfortunately :( I suck with hps)
Won't argue that the cobs can produce much better weed but In terms of replacing the productivity of hps theyre only about 40% more efficient. So would take 3 of them to replace 1000w in terms of yield.
go for 3 then, believe me u wont regret it, less heat to deal with and less $$$ on electric bills and the plants love them. i thought the whole point of the thread is what LED to convert to , dont drift away from COBs or QBs they are the future

Uhh... yes I understand what a LED diode is. It would be nice for the growers if that ‘2000 watt light’ really was one, I agree. But it draws 380 watts. Make it draw 2000 and then we can start calling it a 2000 watt light. Beyond that- it’s just a number to make the buyer feel good.

There are many types of LED lights. ‘LED’ isn’t one entity. They vary hugely in efficiency and quality. Some surpass HID lights. Blurples- uhhh...not so much :( In any case, you want to look at the actual draw wattage when making comparisons between lights.

That draw wattage is not the most important factor in terms of light quality, but it’s an important starting point. A light that draws 380 watts is a 380 watt light, no matter how wonderful it is, whether it outshines a 600 watt HID or not.

To be honest I’m surprised that consumer regulators let slide this whole confusing shitshow with LED stated wattages, since it directly contravenes the concept of what a ‘watt’ is in this context.
The grow light industries version of 'music power watts' vs RMS watts in hifi systems. The former is 10 times better than the latter. :)

Back
Top Bottom