Changing to LED from MH & HPS, 1000w each: What should I get to match?

ok so it’s pointless to change from my current set up too save power as I would need to draw the same amount of power to get equal results. I get it. Simple. I won’t be changing then. No point haha
if you're looking to save money on electricity, you will definitely get a savings from a switch to High efficient LED
As I mentioned 6 Quantum 288 boards powered by 2 X 320 watt power supplies will give you similiar results as the 1000 watt HPS
Also keep in mind that the boards typically only get powered to about 70 % of maximum
Because they are so incredibly efficient, you can do more or the same with less power

It seems like you don’t fully understand led lights. I’ll post a link to a YouTube video that explains it better then I could.
Nah mate what's he said is 100% right.
Cobs and qb LEDs can replace hps with somewhere around 40% less power but blurples it's just a straight swap watt for watt.

I just switched my personal grow to qb's. I can definitely say that 960w (from the wall) qb will out perform 2 1000w hps.
That's quite a claim mate. Seen plenty guys get 1.5gpw from hps. You reckon 960w can pull 3 kilos? 2 I wouldn't question but 3s a bit of a stretch surely?
Not followed many qb growers tbh, I get a bit jealous and stop reading lol.

Nah mate what's he said is 100% right.
Cobs and qb LEDs can replace hps with somewhere around 40% less power but blurples it's just a straight swap watt for watt.

That's quite a claim mate. Seen plenty guys get 1.5gpw from hps. You reckon 960w can pull 3 kilos? 2 I wouldn't question but 3s a bit of a stretch surely?
Not followed many qb growers tbh, I get a bit jealous and stop reading lol.

Now weight is a totally different story with many elements to many arguments. I calculate grams per wat per day per sqft. I do not grow heavy yielding strains but instead quality which tend to (usually) not produce huge yields. Under my 2 1000w hps I was yielding 60 to 70 ounces every 2 months of dried trimmed bud. I'm 2 weeks out from harvest with my first qb grow and my buds are just as dense and abundant as with my hps setup. Also my trich levels appear 25% higher and my terpenes have exploded!

Now weight is a totally different story with many elements to many arguments. I calculate grams per wat per day per sqft. I do not grow heavy yielding strains but instead quality which tend to (usually) not produce huge yields. Under my 2 1000w hps I was yielding 60 to 70 ounces every 2 months of dried trimmed bud. I'm 2 weeks out from harvest with my first qb grow and my buds are just as dense and abundant as with my hps setup. Also my trich levels appear 25% higher and my terpenes have exploded!
Are these what your talking about?

Hi all. Thanks for looking at my post. I’m looking at changing from my current set up which is a perpetual harvest with two tents. Both rooms have 1000w old school metal halid in veg and a 1000w HPS in flower. I want to get LED to save power. Currently pulling 7-8k watts due too having to cool the rooms with a portable ac + scrubber + exhaust and inlet fans (bathroom fans)+ three oescilsting fans and a large stand up fan.
Gotta lower heat but want to trade performance strait across.
Any advice and tips. Thanks

A lot of those box type LED's are even less efficient than HPS. I'm totally happy with my COB set up in my 3' by 3' for efficiency, yield and heat reduction. The COB's are spread out, one in each corner. Even lighting over 1000 PAR at 440 watts. During veg I use something like 100 watts with the dimming feature. The COB's I have are waterproof and can be angle adjusted.

You need something efficient. Low wattage with maximum PAR light. More light with less heat. You have to have the lights spread out for even lighting.

You say I need to trade watt for watt. The king plus is a 2000w light. The HPS is 1000w light. Isn’t this what you a referring too when saying watt for watt? Doubled in my eyes.
I’m looking at led due too the electricity costs. Advertised as 2000w output from the light while pulling 340w from the wall. Can you explain how the 2000w light is only performing at 340w? I’m confused on this part. I thought this was the selling feature for led lights. The put out high efficiency while saving in power...
Yes, that is the confusing part, at the very beginning, the 3w, 5w version of led chips are just for the chip size difference. Not mean the real wattage is 3w 5w at the manufacturer point. But some take advantage of this name, and trying to make customers thought it is real 3w and 5w, and then 10w chips out, 20w chips out~
But in fact, the chips is still the original ones whose real wattage might be only around 1.5 ~2.5w. So if they have 200pcs led chips, they call every chip is 10w chip, then it is a so called 2000w chips, but considering every chip actual wattage is only 1.5~2.5w from the wall, then you got 340w real wattage.
There is real 10w led chips in the market, but if you want to buy it, it is like 40~50USD/pc, so you cannot never buy a real 2000w led at just over 100 or 200USD price. I hope this is clear. :)
The seller on the ebay or amazon have very big competition, they might have to do this to get good rank and good sales, as long as you know the growing truth, buy lights based on the real wattage, real coverage, you will still get great yields for that coverage. But if you suppose the light to get great yields as the real 2000w HPS, or 1000w HPS, that will be absolutely impossible. :passitleft:

My last grow
4 plants
2 X quantum 260XW's (so 4 boards) about 500 watts from the wall, it varies during flower
1.38 pounds
believe it lol
Oh you walked into it mate. Profile pics a 600g auto under 500w of blurples you'll have to do better than that to convince me lol. First 2 weeks under CFL then 2 weeks of 250w then upto 500w. Mars hydro model ones that they don't even make any more lol.
Fuck yeah mate that's how it's done! I'm gonna be running perpetual with 2 spaces soon as my current lots down. Won't get anywhere near that but got 600w HP's and 500w blurples so maybe get close to half with a bit of luck. I just can't get the hang of growing multiple plants for some reason. Can pull single monsters in my sleep but trying to get the same yield quicker using more plants is sadly just not worked so far. Think I've got it sussed this time though. Fingers crossed this will be my year :)

Or as an alternative......
Go 2 x 630w CMH set ups, ebay, philips globes. Done.
One 315w is equal to a 600w mh- hps light.
So you get more light and save 30% power and better plant health.
Is that what your looking for?
Was what I was looking for.....hehe

Or as an alternative......
Go 2 x 630w CMH set ups, ebay, philips globes. Done.
One 315w is equal to a 600w mh- hps light.
So you get more light and save 30% power and better plant health.
Is that what your looking for?
Was what I was looking for.....hehe

How often you need to replace bulb? QB have like a 10 year lifespan.

How often you need to replace bulb? QB have like a 10 year lifespan.
Didnt realize I was having a bulb-off.. Lol
Can your QB boards cut it watt for watt against CMH.... Careful now...
That double 630w rig will decimate anything of the same wattage draw.

Oh.... And yearly...$200...worth every stinky arsed cent for the best quality buds and healthiest plants you will see under low running cost cmh... boosted uva uvb, controllable temps, and the closest index to natural sunlight....97%
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom