Charlie's 2nd indoor grow

CharlieMopps

Alighty, You guyz may have seen me lurking around the forums the last couple months. I'm gonna do the best i can with the time and budget i have. I am still gathering together all my hardware so bear with me as i build my grow space frome the floor up. Unless i catch a lucky break in the next week, i will be growing with unknown dankseed. I'll be starting the seedlings under tube fluros and suplementing with cfl's. After the plants get a couple inches tall and my budget allows it, i'm gonna add a couple 150 watt hps lights that'll fit into a regular medium socket. This is kinda what im thinking about.
Be kind.
room_with_lights.JPG

Yes, those are the same tube fluros i used in my last indoor grow.
img0022.JPG

Looking good so far. How many plants do you have in each container?

Heh, that picture was from my old closet grow. I used translucent containers and put 2 plants in each pot and i used those tube fluro's as the only light source. :scratchinghead:
Anyways, i plan to do things a bit different this time around. I think i'm gonna start with a good soil grow and then take clones once i find a healthy looking female and then go hydro with those. Ima germ like 10-20 as soon as my best bro gives me the dank seeds hes been saving up for me. Should be within the next week that i get real pics up.

Okay, i've been told by MANY people that the 150 watt hps bulbs from the depo wont work if i just screw them into a regular socket. So i guess ima have to scratch that idea. I just put a bid in on ebay for a 1000 watt hps for $160. That's my max and i doubt i'll win but if i do, all the better right? I should be getting my seeds tomorrow morning, well this morning technicaly. I work at a certain national chain of italian restaurants, so i'll just "borrow" some commercial strength aluminum foil and line the inside of my grow room with it. My budget is extremly tight so ima make do with what i can, but my b-day is on the 21st so i should be getting a little cash that i can invest in my grow room.

Hey Charlie:

Most HIDs Ive seen or know need 220v so u will need a ballast and a normal socket bulb wont work. Be sure to buy the right bulb for the right ballast. If you buy a 400w, 600w or 1000w the ballast is gonna be dif for all of them. Also, unless u have Super good vent, stay away from 1000w HIDs, they run way 2 hot. One last thing Aluminum foil sucks big time, its terrible reflecting light. If you cant buy Mylar, just plain White walls will do perfect.

Good Luck with your seed germination.

:peace:

PS. My B-day is August 21st also hahaha. Ill remember to smoke one at 420 that day for u.

I'll smoke one back for you on your b-day my twin brother. I lost the auction, so i'm gonna go with a setup like boss's. My next idea is to buy 3 of the 4 pack 150 watt equivilent cfl's they always have on sale at home depot. Along with the 4ft shoplights i already have, that brings the total of 40 watt bulbs to 18. 65 lumens per watt makes it 46,800 lumens which i think will be good enough for the 2-4 healthy female plants i want to end up with.

My buddies and i went to cecil county maryland to the drag strip. We sat in the bleachers blazed and sipping on captain 'n coke for 3 hours watching cars run 9 second passes. I went and had a home cooked meal with my parents, and it was overall a very good birthday. I got madden 09. :yay:

I got 4 seeds germ'ing and they're in some soil under a little cfl. I grabbed some good potting soil last night as well as some comercial heavy duty tin foil from work.

Watch out for the foil...It can create hotspots in the grow room and burn your plants! So beware....Its more efficient to just paint the walls flat white...

And the track in cecil county is decent. I used to go there every weekend when I was in my fast car phase. Now I have no money for fast cars anymore =[ You need to go to delaware for some real track fun though!

That number is up to 6. I got them germing under 2 100 watt equivilent cfl's, soon to be 4. I picked up some emergency thermal blankets and put them up around the grow area to make it more reflective. I plan to start them on 24/0 for maybe 3-4 weeks then i'll switch to 12/12. I'll get pix up as soon as i can.

Back
Top Bottom