Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

QueenTokeLove said:
Looks yummy!!!!

I can't wait to taste it! I was going to try a sample soon, but Sensei Marijuana (the guy who set up my grow room and taught me everything I know) is coming to town to visit (he's been out of town for 8 months on assignment) and I thought it fitting to wait till he gets here to sample it. I hope it meets his approval (and mine, for that matter)!

Here are some recent pictures:

This is the grow room. It's really crowded in there.

I jury-rigged the lighting - one strong wind and it will all fall over. Fortunately, the weather has been sunny and mild lately.

Since it's so shaky, maybe I should have said it's jerry-rigged. Jerry-rigged is like jury-rigged but a whole lot worse! It comes from the Walls of Jericho tumbling down, or perhaps from jerrymumble (to knock about) or jerry sneak (a henpacked husband) or just plain jerry (a cheap beer house).

I''ll be that's 20 seconds you wish you had back!

Jury (Jerry) - Rigged Lighting

GrowRoom31.jpg

They may not be very big, but there are

Lots Of Colas

LotsOfCrop.jpg

And here's the

Top O' The Crop To Ya'

TopOfCrop.jpg

Like I said, most of the colas are small,

But Not All!

BigCola.jpg

Here's the latest picture of Miss Nebula with her new foliage.

Like My Pigtails?

MissNebula10.jpg

And in closing, here's

The Little Clone That Could

LateBloomer.jpg

Nice pics, Ggrant. Ah, the Sensei is coming, well I can understand why you would want to wait. I am sure his stamp of approval would make it even better. I am wondering how you met up with Sensei, I bet that is a good story in itself.

I have noticed with your plants and others with theirs that towards the end or closer to harvest that everyone trims their plants like you have yours. Or some have just fan leaves. My question is when do you trim off all the leaves like that? And why is it done when I thought fan leaves were suppose to be left on?

Hey G-Man,

Plants are looking very well and groomed, Sounds dirty but the cola's look fantastic, Keep up the good work, Id of posted sooner but not having such a good 2012 so far!!!!

Take care buddy and as usual ill check in from time to time, even if i dont post remember i am lurking in the shadows, behind a dying kush plant

VH :goodjob:

Get one of those super smal GH micro chemical nute bottles at the grow-store for like 5.99. and just 1-2 cc(ml) per gal in your regular watering... That should suffice for the N def and won't even up your water ppm to anything that would be harmful. Especially if the perlite is going to adsorb the salts...

That would turn her dark green again... Just my $0.02.

ltr

I know it's been a while since I last posted. I was doing some Spring Cleaning. I know Spring isn't here yet, but it'll take till Spring to finish. I'm serious - it's been about a year and a half since the last time it was cleaned, and then it took a team of trained professionals (three maids with loads of cleaning supplies and assorted amulets to ward off evil spirits) all day to clean my place. They took out 17 bags of garbage (mostly old newspapers - not banana peels and chicken bones). One muttered under her breath as she left, another spit on the ground, and the third made the sign of the cross.

Also, I've been doing lots of prep work for my first foray into coco coir.

First let me reply to a few messages:

VTecHoe said:
Take care buddy and as usual ill check in from time to time, even if i dont post remember i am lurking in the shadows, behind a dying kush plant

Lurk away, Buddy! And as far as your dying Kush plant, I assume you're joking. If not, post a message either here or on your journal. There's no reason to have a sick plant to add to your problems.

FrankFoster said:
Get one of those super smal GH micro chemical nute bottles at the grow-store for like 5.99. and just 1-2 cc(ml) per gal in your regular watering... That should suffice for the N def and won't even up your water ppm to anything that would be harmful. Especially if the perlite is going to adsorb the salts...

That would turn her dark green again... Just my $0.02.

Argggggh! I got your message just after I came back from a nursery supply store. I was picking up some pots and dolomite lime. While I was there, I was browsing and saw that they sold GH Hydroponics supplies. I wrote down their prices to compare with other stores.

Next time I'm in the area, I'll pick up some of their Micronutrients.

QueenTokelove said:
I have noticed with your plants and others with theirs that towards the end or closer to harvest that everyone trims their plants like you have yours. Or some have just fan leaves. My question is when do you trim off all the leaves like that? And why is it done when I thought fan leaves were suppose to be left on?

I don't think it's everyone, Queenie. I've never really thought about it, but I assumed most growers left them on. This is the first harvest that I've trimmed mine.

Actually, if you're a purist, you probably wouldn't trim any leaves near the end of harvest. Fan leaves turn light green, then yellow and finally dry up and fall off. This is because they are supplying their remaining nutrients to the neighboring buds and flowers (flowers, buds and seed production are the plant's primary goals). This withering of the fan leaves is accelerated by flushing your plants one or two weeks before harvest. As the plant suddenly has no source of nutrients, it uses its fan leaves to finish flowering.

There are a couple of reasons I can think of why some growers might cut off the fan leaves before harvesting:

1) After the final watering just before harvest when you want the buds and colas to dry, you might remove the fan leaves to speed up the process and/or to prevent mold, which can occur after you've turned the lights off in your grow room.

2) Nitrogen gives marijuana a bad taste. If there is much nitrogen left in the leaves of the buds and flowers, it will give a harsh taste when it is smoked. If you've ever tasted foul dope, this is the reason. To avoid this, you might cut off the fan leaves early as they contain most of the chlorophyl (and therefore nitrogen) on the plant. This isn't really necessary. If you wait long enough after the final flush, the plant will naturally consume any excess nitrogen available. Besides, if marijuana is cured properly, it will slowly oxydize any nitrogen compounds remaining after your harvest.

3) The fan leaves are blocking bud sites below the top leaf canopy. This is the reason I trimmed my crops' fan leaves even late in flowering. I've removed so many fan leaves that "sunlight" reaches to the very bottom of each plant. I suppose there's a tradeoff. If I didn't trim the fan leaves, the top buds and colas would be primo because they have lots of nutrients available from the neighboring fan leaves, but the lower buds would be undeveloped and not very potent. If I do trim the fan leaves, the top buds and colas may not be primo, but still pretty potent, whereas all the lower buds will develop.

Wow, I can't believe how long it's taken me to write this post. It's late and I have to grab some sleep. I have all the pictures taken, edited and resized for my

Adventures in Coco

which I will post real soon. Promise!

Welcome to MTV

Marijuana TeleVison

The new specialty channel devoted exclusively to Marijuana. No matter whether you

call it Cannabis, Weed, Pot, Indiana Ditchweed, Johnson Grass, Lamb's Head,
Moocah, Muggles, Paca Lolo, Snop, Baby, Bale, Bambalacha, Bar, Bash, Basuco, Belyando Spruce, Black Bart, Black Gunion, Block, Bo-bo, Butter Flower, Canappa, Charge, Cheeba, Chira, Cochornis, Dagga, Dew, Diambista, Djamba, Doradilla, Esra, Fu, Gage, Green Goddess, Greta, Juanita, Kali, Kilter, Mary Warner, Messorole, Mohasky, Mooster, Queen Ann's Lace, Red Cross, Stack, Sweet Lucy, Yellow Submarine, we've got you covered from A (Atshitshi) to (Zambi)! *

* Editor's Note: These are all actual steet names for Cannabis.

Our motto is

We have everything you Mari-wanna know about Marijuana!

You may have seen our exclusive documentary series, where we chronicle the burning

of marijuana confiscated by local authorities (Weed Whackers, as we call them).

If you haven't, be sure to tune in to

The Hemp Pyre Diaries

Do you read a lot? Can you finish a book in one sitting? Then you'll enjoy

The Weed Reader

the show where 3 contestants are given all the Weed they can smoke and then

they have to Weed Read a book and give a synopsis to the host of the show,

Billy Spear. Because his hands shake so much when he smokes Weed, he

is affectionately called

William (the Shakes) Spear

Here is a brief clip from our latest show:

Billy: Folks, welcome our contestants: Danny from Poughkeepsie, New

York; Rita from Des Moines, Iowa; and Moondog whom we dragged out

from a dumpster behind our studio. Are you guys ready? ....

OK! Let's begin.

Danny, your book is War and Peace. Rita, yours is Mein Kampf in the

original german. Moondog, you've got the 3 volume set of Principia Mathematica

by Alfred North Whitehead and Bertrand Russell.

Ready? Start Weed Reading!

OK, time's up. Let's show our viewing audience the results.

Moondog, let's start with you. How did you like The Principia?

MoonDog: I had big trouble, man! I opened the book, but I didn't understand a

word. I couldn't even read the letters.

Billy: That's because you've been flipping through the ham sandwiches we

provided for lunch. Your books are over there!

Moondog: Does that mean I win?

Billy: Moving on. Rita, how was the Mein Kampf?

Rita: It was kinda like day-old Strudel. Soggy, but sweet and satisfying.

Billie: A wonderful synopsis, Rita. How about you, Danny. Did you enjoy War

and Peace
?

Danny: This was the best book I've ever thought about. I especially liked the part

where Optimus Prime kicked Decepticon butt big time!

Billy: OK, as Rita is the only who actually opened her book, she is our new

winner. Congratulations, Rita!

Do you like Reality Televison? Then you'll love

The Merry Linger Show

Here's the latest episode:

Merry: Today we welcome ggrant to our show. I understand you're going to start

using Coco Coir as your new soil.

Ggrant: That's right, Merry. I went out and bought everything I need to be a

Coco Nut: Coco Coir, Dolomite Lime and Perlite.

Merry: That's great! And we're going to record your progress for our viewers at

home: the heartaches, the dying plants, the weeping, the sackcloth and ashes.

Ggrant: And my ultimate triumph over adversity, right?

Merry: Sure, kiddo, whatever. Have you ever been to the Indy 500, ggrant?

Ggrant: No. My mother used to drive a taxicab 12 hours a day and she always

took me along in a baby seat after I was born. It was the most humiliating 12 years of

my life! Ever since then, I get carsick whenever I'm around moving vehicles!

Merry: Well, let me give you the broad strokes. Nobody want to watch cars going

around in circles for 4 hours. Everyone's hoping to see a Monster Pileup with

flames that can be seen from the Space Station Mir!

Ggrant: That doesn't sound very supportive.

Merry: Ding, ding, ding, ding! That's the whole idea. Now I understand

before we start, that you have a modicum of musical talent?

Ggrant: I do, Merry, I do.

Merry: And what are you going to play for us today?

Ggrant: It's a duet of Ave Maria arranged for Bagpipes and Air

Horn
. I play both parts. Here goes.

Merry: Whoa, whoa, whoa! We've just been told that 4 cats have committed

suicide after your performance. And it looks like we're out of time.

Ggrant: So I'll see you tomorrow, right?

Merry: Sorry, ggrant, our producers have just informed me that the show is on

indefinite hiatus!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High, guys, sorry about the cancellation! I was really hoping that I could show you how

my Coco Coir turned out. Now it looks like it's not going to ........

Hold on a sec! I've got a call on the other line.

Hello? Who? Jeff Probst? The guy from Survivor?

Jeff Probst: That's right, ggrant! We saw you on The Merry Linger Show

and thought you'd be a perfect fit for our next series,

Survivor, Cannabis Islands

Ggrant: Sounds interesting! What's it about?

Jeff: Well, we send you to an island in the Cannabis Hebrides and you

have to grow a complete Marijuana Crop with only the materials supplied. Here

they are:

Survivor "Survivor Kit"

CocoSurvivor.jpg

You have 14 weeks (6 for veg, 8 for flower) in which to complete your grow. The winner

receives a dream vacation to the Cannabis Hebrides!

Ggrant: But isn't that where ...

Jeff: You'll also have 10 years of back issues of Playboy and a bottle of

hand lotion. For 14 weeks, you'll be completely on you own, except for our film crew,

who will mercilessly record your progess, giving you no privacy. That's it: you, the fresh

air, a couple of hermit crabs and 3 howler monkeys to keep you company.

Ggrant: Sounds sweet! Who are the other contestants?

Jeff: Nobody else was stupid enough to sign up for this gig, so you'e flying solo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, that's enough television for one evening. Time to go to bed! The adults have things

to talk about.

I forgot to take a separate picture of the coco before I opened it. Here it is along with some other goodies:

Coco Coir Block (upper right)

Loot1.jpg

I hacked off a chunk about 3" thick. The Coco is packed so tightly it's almost impossible to cut the block. I eventually ended up shredding it along the grain. (Against the grain it's tough as wood!).

You can buy coco that has already be rehydrated and is good to go. If you buy it in blocks, then you have to, as coconuts say, "prepare" it.

Coco used to have sea salt in it when it was shipped and it was necessary to "wash" it to remove the salt before you used it. Now most coco shipped has been steam-cleaned to remove any built-up salts.

So, most growers just rehydrate the soil. This consists of adding enough water to get the coco to bulk up. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes.

Before I go on, I just want to say that I am NOT a coco expert! This is the first time I have tried it. I'm posting this journal so that those of you who are interested in coco can see what it is all about. As Merry Linger said, you can watch my triumphs and failures. Don't think of this as a tutorial, rather a reality show where I use coco and you can learn from my successes and failures.

I welcome input equally from coco evangalists and coco noobs. So without further ado,

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Coco Coir

The information presented here is mostly (or all, I can't remember) from other sites, so I can't post links. I'll describe in detail what I'm doing. If I leave anything out, let me know.

I read on another journal that after rehydrating his coco, a grower tested the pH of the runoff. It was very high, so he flushed the soil (coco, that is) with 2 - 3 times the volume of the pot. He said the runoff with coco is never clear, no matter how much water you use. He found that the pH was acceptable after the flush and was happy to use it.

As my coco was rehydrating, I thought I would flush it after it was done. I don't think many coco gorwers flush their soil (I can't say for sure - I just haven't seen anyone say to do this.) I then realized if I was going to flush the coco, why bother waiting until it was rehydrated? D'uh! Just add a whackload of water now.

So I poured in lots of water, put my hands in the bucket and broke up any remaining coco that hadn't rehydrated yet. I then stirred it with a slotted spoon. I forgot to take a picture, but just imagine a reddish-brown slurry or stew. I left it to marinate for 4 hours. No reason for the amount of time. I just didn't want to deal with somehow getting all the water out of that mess.

Four hours later, it was still sitting there, an ominous-looking reddish-brown bog. I put my head down to see what was below the surface, half expecting an Alien-like creature to leap out and attach itself to my face!

I needn't have worried - it wasn't as bad as it looked. There were some long rope-like fibers that looked like roots and I was expecting the "soil" to be a mass of fibers and strands. I was completely surprised that it is exactly the consistency of regular soil. I tried pouring it out through a strainer, but that wasn't great, especially as a one-man job.

CocoKit.jpg

I finally ended up putting my hands in the bucket and squeezing the coco to get the excess water out. Eventually, I ended up with

CocoPuffs

CocoPuffs.jpg

Now for the remainder of the preparation. Coco fibers just love calcium. If you add nutrients that have calcium in them, the coco will absorb most of the calcium salts before they reach your plant and you will end up with a calcium deficiency.

Start of Calcium Deficiency

11341134calcium-start2.jpg

Full-Blown Calcium Deficiency

1134calcium-11.jpg

To avoid this, you must add some form of calcium to coco. One way is to add CalMag (a Calcium Magnesium supplement) to your water before you use it. (1 tsp per gallon). The other is to add Dolomite Lime (a slow release form of calcium and magnesium) to the soil.

Also, even though coco is very porous and dries out quickly, one eperienced grower recommended adding Perlite to make it even airier. According to him, it works better than plain coco with nothing added. He recommened 25% Perlite. So ...

Coco Coir Preparation Kit

CocoAdditives.jpg

Then I added 1 tbsp per gallon (that's one tablespoon per gallon of coco soil) of Dolomite Lime:

Coco Coir and Dolomite Lime

CocoAddLime.jpg

After than, I added 25% Perlite:

Coco Coir and Perlite

CocoAddPerlite.jpg

Finally, I mixed it all up. I couldn't get it properly mixed with a slotted spoon, so I used my hands. Remember to wash your hands whenever you use Dolomite Lime. It is a mild base, and while it won't kill you, you don't want to spread it around. Think of it as a mild form of lye, i.e., drain cleaner. (Lye is Sodium Hydroxide, while Dolomite Lime is Calcium and Magnesium Hydroxide.) Don't buy Hydrated Lime (too strong - will burn the roots of your plants) or Garden Lime (only Calcium, no Magnesium).

Prepared Coco Coir Soil

CocoMixed.jpg

I then transplanted Miss Nebula. This plant is over 6 weeks old and like a bonzai tree. When I first started growing her, I kept her very close to the CFL lamps I was using. The internode spacing was really close and I thought it was due to the light being so intense that there was no strectching. Later, I moved the light further away because she was so tiny (and she's a sativa!). This didn't help and it turned out that she has been stunted by the crappy soil in which I planted her.

Miss Nebula (six weeks old)

MissNebula101.jpg

I had run out of my regular soil (provided by a firend who buys it in bulk) and needed a quick replacement, so I bought something called Nature's Blend. Turns out it's really crappy soil like MiracleGro (sorry, any MiracleGro lovers out there - this soil sucks!). I added perlite to it, so it wouldn't compact much, but that didn't help. That's one of the reasons I bought the Coco Coir. (The other is that it's supposed to be great for cloning - more on that later.)

Anyway, her she is out of the pot:

Miss Nebula Unplugged

MissNebulaUnplugged.jpg

I really didn't want to transfer any of the old soil over, so I squeezed the root ball and got rid of most of the old dirt:

Miss Nebula Naked

MissNebulaNaked.jpg

I then transplanted her. I didn't want to compress the roots, so I dangled her over the pot with one hand and filled in the soil with the other, so that the roots would get filled with the coco soil. Here she is after the successful transplant:

Miss Nebula in the Recovery Room

MIssNebulaRepotted.jpg

After I was done and had put Miss Nebula back in the Grow Room, the Miracle Clone who was planted in the same crappy soil as Miss Nebula (remember her - 10 weeks to root?) gave me this baleful look and, in a sad little voice, said:

What About Me, Daddy?

WhatAboutMeDaddy.jpg

Well, she broke my heart, so I transplanted her as well. When I took her out of the pot, I noticed a few roots along the bottom of the pot. When I went to compress the soil, it fell completely apart and the clone slipped out of the soil. I freaked figuring I had stripped the roots off of her. Turns out there were only about six roots at the bottom.

The soil was so compact that the roots had grown to the edge of the pot and grown down the sides and under the soil. So after the soil collapsed, all that was left was a tiny root ball one inch long and six long Fu Manchu hairs. I cut the hairs off and repotted her holding her over the pot as I carefully added the coco. The root ball was so tiny that I didn't want to crush it.

Here she is after:

Daddy, I Can Breathe Again, Thank You!

MiracleChildRepotted.jpg

(Sorry for the terrible picture. She's very camera shy!)

You know how plants get when you repot them? The resentful stares, the droopy listlessness (try saying that 3 times fast), their generally unresponsive behavior for a couple of days? (Your honor, let the record show that the witness was UNRESPONSIVE!)

Well, these gals didn't bat an eyelash. There was just a startled look as if they were saying WTF????

After they had been sitting back in the grow room for a couple of hours, I could tell they were really happy. I mean, they weren't singing (they only do that when I'm not there), but they were humming and I could definitely hear feet tapping (I mean roots).

So how did they fare?

Miss Nebula - Two Days Later

MissNebulaCoco2.jpg

Miracle Clone - Two Days Later

MiracleChildCoco2.jpg

What an amazing update gg, Im staying tuned for your coco journey as its something ive found really interesting since my first grow.... But not many places over here or if any sell it, but your clones/baby nebula are looking fantastic

VH in for the ride :cheer:

V-Man Said:
What an amazing update gg

and

Spliffd said:
Great read DD!!! And the ladies are looking beautiful too. I can imagine that update took some effort - Bravo sir, bravo.

Thanks, it took me days to collect all the material. I started to post it last night, but I was too tired, so I started this morning. I didn't think it would take long, but it took me 6 hours just to copy, paste, format and edit the damn thing!

Ain't Never Doin' That Again!

V-Man also said (chatty fellow, he):
Im staying tuned for your coco journey as its something ive found really interesting since my first grow.... But not many places over here or if any sell it, but your clones/baby nebula are looking fantastic

I went to a Nursery store to get my Coco Coir. Not sure if they call them Nurseries in Scotland. Maybe Garden Centre is a better name. It's where they sell trees and shrubs, as well as garden supplies. The store I went to had the coco in two sizes: one about the size of a mason's brick and the other the size of a small suitcase. When hydrated, they increase dramatically in size.

Anyway, you might want to check out one of these stores. The description on the label of the suitcase-sized block told the size of a lawn that it could cover, so obviously home gardeners are using it outdoors, not just us dope fiends (yes, you!).

You might want to call a couple of these Garden Centres and see if they carry it or, if not, whether they can special order it for you. After all, if people are using it on their lawns, where else can you find lawn-aholics than in Scotland, the country that created Golf!

I've been spending so much time on Coco Coir that I forgot to post anything on my current crop. (Don't worry - lots more coco coming. Clones in coco, for one). I haven't paid that much attention to the crop. Not that I have been neglectful. I've just been doing the basic housekeeping, but not really checking out the old gals.

They are in their 14th week of flowering. That's right! Sounds crazy. My last crop I flowered for 12 weeks and I thought that was nuts. Sativas are notorious for taking a long time to finish. These ladies are just starting to get comfortable. They don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

I'm still using a 10/14 hour light schedule. I may reduce it further to 8/16. One thing I have been doing religiously is to replenish the carbon dioxide diffusers. I have four of them going. If I hold them up to the light, I can see lots of bubbles rising to the surface.

Here's a picture of the entire crop (paraphase of a Johnny Cash song):

Fourteen Weeks and Rising

WeekFourteen.jpg

I remember a few weeks ago thinking, there are a lot of buds and colas but they're not very thick. I figured I would get a decent yield from the sheer number, but I was hoping that the colas would be fatter. They still seem to be growing up, not out.

So you can imagine my surprise when I saw this beauty! It's by far the biggest and fattest bud or cola or whatever. Here are three pictures of the same bud:

Big Mama

BigMomaBud.jpg

Here's a picture with different lighting:

Still Big Mama

BigMomaBud2.jpg

And finally, here's a picture of Big Mama taken with a flash so you can see the frost on her:

Frosty Big Mama

BigMomaBudFrost.jpg

Wow ggrant no need to say it but that's a great journal. Happy I got you atleast taking a peek at my journal I'm sure you will be needed at somepoint in the coming months.

Spliff said:
I remember reading somewhere around here that the last couple of weeks is really important for bud development

That's true. The last two weeks adds a lot of weight to the plants. The problem is that it's always the next two weeks, LOL!

Rupert said:
Wow ggrant no need to say it but that's a great journal. Happy I got you atleast taking a peek at my journal I'm sure you will be needed at somepoint in the coming months.

Thanks for the compliment, man! And if you have a problem you can't figure out, you can always drop me a line here.

I'm going to stay on the coco front for a while. I'm going to try to germinate a seed in coco and I am going to try to root some clones in coco.

The seed is soaking in a teacup right now and I hope to plant her in a day or so. I've been really busy lately, but I definitely want to get some clones going. Once my current grow is out the door, I'll need something to fill the empty space.

Here's an update on the gals I transplanted into coco. From the moment I did it, I knew it was going to be OK. Just looking at the plants a few hours after the transplant, I could see they were doing better.

It's five days after the transplant. The amount of growth is amazing. They've grown more in the last 5 days then they had in 3 weeks!

Frank Marsh suggested I get some micronutrients, which I did (thanks, Frank!) but I haven't used it yet. I wanted to make sure that using coco would do the trick. If I transplanted to coco AND used the micronutrients, I couldn't be sure which one worked. Now that I'm sure using coco eliminated the stunting and nitrogen deficiency, I will try the micronutrients when it's time to fertilize again.

GH FloraMicro (5-0-0)

FloraMicro1.jpg

Here's Miss Nebula. Remember she's a Sativa and she's almost 7 weeks old. She was stunted by the poor soil I had her potted in, but she's making up for lost time and starting to grow by leaps and bounds!

Miss Nebula Five Days Post Transplant

MissNeb2.jpg

Here's a picture of the Little Clone That Could. The splint is to straighten her trunk. The root ball was so small when I transplanted her that the soil settling caused the trunk to list quite a bit. I've moved the splint a little bit each day until she is standing upright. I didn't have to be too gentle with the trunk, as you would with a seedling, because her bark is really tough. After all, she is 11 weeks old!

Miracle Clone Five Days Post Transplant

MiracleClone2.jpg

-​

Goooood Evening (door creaking and suddenly ....)

Oh wait, sorry, it's not Halloween, it's Valentine's Day. I get them confused because scary things happen both those days.

If you're all recovered from the ravages of chocolate and bad sex, here's some pictures of the clones. I haven't posted them for a while. I was too embarassed because they were so ratty looking. I trimmed the dead growth and a lot of the fan leaves, so the ladies are ready to appear again in public.

Here's Big Clone, whose mom is Big Sister.

Big Clone

BigClone3.jpg

And here's LIttle Clone, whose mom is LIttle Sister.

Little Clone

SmallClone3.jpg

Miss Nebula has grown about 4" in the last week.

Miss Pigtails

MissNeb3.jpg

The Miracle Clone has really perked up. If you'll notice, there are no weird leaves at all on this clone. Most (dare I say all except this one) put out twisted and deformed leaves until they generate a proper root system.

Not Miracle Clone! If you look, there are NO deformed leaves. Every leaf is a perfect five pointer. She was so long in stasis trying to root (10 weeks!) that she skipped the Ugly Duckling phase and went directly to being a Swan.

Miracle Clone (one week after repotting)

MiracleClone3.jpg

Hey G-Man,

Clones are looking tough, Cant get over the nebula, seriously taking off now!!

Ill be back to check on you in a few days, *walks off with his dead cat*

VH :circle-of-love:

V-Man said:
Clones are looking tough, Cant get over the nebula, seriously taking off now!!

Yeah, the Nebula is amazing. She's doubled in size in about a week. And all her leaves are nice and green, not that yellow-y green shade they were before.

The G13 gals are into their fifteenth week of flowering. I've never had a crop go this long. Believe it or not, the trikes still haven't turned amber!

The size and amount of trikes just seems to increase every week. I don't think the colas are ever going to stop growing. But they're not as scrawny as they were a few weeks ago.

The megcola (relative to the others) is looking really nice. This is the same one I posted earlier with my hand in the photo for reference.

It's Not That Easy Bein' Green!

BigColaGreen.jpg

I swapped out the HPS for the MH for these pictures. (Don't worry, I swapped it back out afterwards.) When the bulb first fires up, it casts a "green dawn" light.

These are after the bulb warmed up:

Still Green, But Not So Much

BigCola2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the entire crop. There are just colas everywhere.

WholeCrop2.jpg

WholeCrop2b.jpg

WholeCrop2c.jpg

WholeCrop2d.jpg

.​

Back
Top Bottom