Charon187 First Serious Grow Dec 09

thanks everyone!!!

sorry i havent been updating ite been crazy around here with the storms and work and what not so any way heres three new pics of week 4!

rsz_dsc01702.jpg

rsz_dsc01704.jpg

rsz_dsc01703.jpg

sorry that that ones so blurry. but dang its been a journey lololol 5 more weeks to go!!! wheeeewwwwww!!!!!

CHEERS!!!

okay so i finally have some time for a more serious update first lets have a look at how the closet soil grow is going!!!!

rsz_dsc01708.jpg

they are about 3 feet tall right now in week two... or mabey 3 of flowering lolol

rsz_dsc01709.jpg

starting to flower nicely i think but its looking a little sparse.

rsz_dsc01710.jpg

now for the grow room update pics!

rsz_dsc01711.jpg

rsz_dsc01712.jpg

rsz_dsc01714.jpg

rsz_dsc01721.jpg

rsz_dsc01719.jpg

rsz_dsc01720.jpg

rsz_dsc01722.jpg

4 weeks to go i just need em to start fattening up!!!!!!!!

hope you all enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!

still doing well i have had a horrible spider mite outbreak that made the plants look like the belonged in the opening scene for indiana jones. they look like they are finally gaining some wieght on them as well.

also it looks like the water consumption is about 8-10 gallons a week and feeding nutes pretty heavily. just using a FF combo.

Cheers!

That sucks, just know that it will be an ongoing battle.. Keep a close eye on things because when you least expect it they will come back and bit you in the ass.... :peace:

Mites are a pain. My buddy got them on some cuttings and I visited his garden now we are both fighting the damn things! Just been using neem and safer soap and it is doing a good job and getting ride of them. Just trying to be patient and spray everything once a week and blast them with water every few days. Haven't seen any alive in the last few days but I know they are still lurking. Think I am just going to get in the habit of spraying with neem since it is suppose to be good against powdery mildew as well.

Let us know how the battle is going and what you are doing to get ride of them! And more pictures of the girls.

:peace:

thanks Irie and roots!!!!
sorry i suck at updating as much as i used to but heres two quick photos!

three weeks left i think? was worried for a second at the yellowing but all seems well.

rsz_dsc01723.jpg

and here you can see some mite leftovers
rsz_dsc01725.jpg

so quick update, my 8 weeks is actually next friday so i lucked out by starting the flush last week. the closet grow has 2 more weeks but it isnt looking very good at all.
oh well just got my microscope thingy brand name 420 scope.
the trics are still crystal clear so im just going to check them everyday.

im sorry that i havent been able to update as much as i should, but my girls health problems take up much of our time.

thanks for checking in!!!!

CHEERS!

Hey Charon, you are doin impressively well. Buds look frosty bro too :goodjob::thumb:

+rep

thanks dro!
thought i beat the mites but they came back again. trichs are starting to turn cloudy say 5 % so looks like im right on time for next friday harvest
been flushing for a week already with ph corrected water and molasses so that should work out well.

planing on a 3-7 day hang followed by jar curing. not to sure about this water curing i keep reading about, and the hang to paper bag to jar seems like an extra step that seems pointless.

i know when you curing certain veg or seed the paper bag helps to retain and control moisture loss IE sunflower seeds, corn for decoration etc. but for cannabis it doesnt make sense to me because your doing the same thing with the jar.
i think this practice came about out of habit with other veg/seed/fruit curing and the jar as the natural progression.

i understand the use of the jar and venting the jar and all that but im sure that the same thing could probably be achieved using green tuperware and silica sand or a small carbon filter to help absorb the moisture.
i think the silica sand would be better as the carbon would probably absorb to much of the smell that people find appealing.

i think on my next grow im going to dedicate one plant to three or four different ways of drying and curing. the side by side comparison will be the only way to make a decent decision on whats the best way.

enough of my rambling

cheers!!!!

so the trichs looked nice and cloudy last night so i killed the lights im planning on 48 hours of darkness and harvesting on thursday but maybey tomorrow well have to see how they plants react.

whew!

The water cure does look interesting as it just gets a little more of the water soluble compounds out of the finished bud. Personally never tried it. With drying just like everything else location is so important. Were I am the trick with drying is not drying to fast. I think you could use silica when the RH is high. Right now the RH is so low I have to worry about drying to fast. This might be the climate where a bag would work. Just to slow the process down a bit. The Cindy99 took three days to become bone dry! I had to dry for two put in jars then just take them out for a few hours at a time to get them to dry properly. If I didn't catch it in time they would be so dry they would just crumble.

:peace:

hey butcher thanks for stopping by m8!

roots! hey brotha! yeah ill do that next grow that way i can dedicate one plant to give an accurate assesment of how it should go. im going for a 3-7 day air dry then into jars we shall see how it looks.

harvest pics coming soon!!!!!!

okay just cut and trimmed the first plant................... wow sticky. very very sticky ill post some pics tonight or tomorrow of how the harvest is looking all in all i had one runt and then there was the one in back that died after the waterline fell off and was replaced with another runt so i think i have six decent producers

cheers!

WHOOOO HOOOOO FINALLY DONE TRIMMING!!!

rsz_dsc01730.jpg

these are the girls before the big chop. they have been lounging around for 48hours in the dark in hopes of extra sticky goodness.

here is the first recon

rsz_dsc01731.jpg

there were a few good size ones in there this one being a sour diesel

rsz_dsc01733.jpg

so i decided on using a drying rack. after i cut em down i removed the euro grower from the growroom and as you can see the rack takes up a lot of room.

rsz_dsc01734.jpg

the top shelf is all recon

rsz_dsc01739.jpg

rsz_dsc01735.jpg

the second shelf is all sour diesel

rsz_dsc01736.jpg

the third shelf is the bubble gum kush that i used to replace that one that died a few weeks ago and another one that was a bubble gum runt

rsz_dsc01737.jpg

the three bottom shelves are all the nice trim and popcorn im going to make hash out of

rsz_dsc01738.jpg

now for some root action

rsz_dsc01740.jpg

rsz_dsc01741.jpg

rsz_dsc01742.jpg

um so yeah.... the trimming took about 6 hours for 8 plants so alot longer than i expected.
im tired and will be back later for some more final thoughts and to see what the end weight will be.

i was initally hoping for 4 Oz total but now i think it may end up being more.

i started to get a wieght of it right now but being that i have wet buds that wiegh over a z i dont want to cry when i get my final dry wieght so im just going to leave it be for now.

totalls plat wise are 3 recon 3 sour d and 2 bubble gum if you have been with me since the beginning you know i killed a shit load of plants. of well.

see you guys in a few days

CHEERS!!

quick note the drying seems to be going nice and slow

Back
Top Bottom