Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

I'm thinking just keep applying the CS for a few more days to areas on your treated branches where you're not yet seeing pollen sacks. Then stop and watch the magic happen. It will seem like every day you're spotting more and more pollen sacks. Then in the morning start looking at the leaves underneath your mature pollen sacks. You'll start to find little bits of fallen pollen on the leaves. When you see that you'll be ready to start collecting pollen and making seeds. As I had recommended earlier trim away (when the sacks are mature) the leaves under the pollen sacks to facilitate the collection of pollen.

One tip when pollinating. Be very gentle with the brush touching the pistils. What I've been doing lately is dipping the small paintbrush tip into the pollen, holding it over the bud to be pollinated and gently tapping it which knocks the pollen onto the bud. Do not over-pollinate a bud. You might think more is better but in nature not every single pistil is pollinated. If you pollinate too many pistils you'll end up with a lot of underdeveloped, white, or tiny seeds. I'm thinking the lone bud isn't able to provide enough of everything the seed needs to mature fully especially space. They need some space. I can't wait to see your seeds when they start to form. Never fails to be exciting.

we’ve got a lot of excitement coming up. I’d love it if I could get enough pollen to store some. You never know what flowering girl might make a great recipient in the future.

Take the less is more approach to pollination, check. I’ve got some very very tiny brushes, so that’ll help to limit the pollen I can grab at once.

oh I don’t know if I mentioned this, I super cropped my NL that’s in the pollination closet. I didn’t want to do it. I think I even said, “what the hell am I doing.” Out loud as I was bending the branches. She just looked so ripe for the bending.

Take the less is more approach to pollination, check.
Don't under pollinate the buds. Just don't slater the pollen on. A nice generous application just one time is sufficient. Don't go back and "hit it again" if you see white pistils after a few days. Oh, and be sure to turn the buds over gently and hit the pistils on the bottoms. Often you'll be doing this blind with the brush just light brushing it on the underside. Mainly cause we only have two hands.

So today each branch had at least 2 or 3 nodes that have pollen sacs coming out. I decided that yesterday would be the last CS application. I put the Grandpa Glue and Star pupil on very tall stilts so that all of their nodes are getting good direct light. I think that’s helped the star pupil developer pollen sacs a lot.

Thanks Beez!

I nearly forgot to take the more exciting photos!
Here are the tops of all the treated branches.

The down low stuff is still a bit too small for photos. Woohooo everybody. We should have some cool purple flowers with pollen sacs in a bit here.

I thought I would share a photo I took a few minutes ago of my Colorado Cookies auto plant. About a week ago I thought it was turning out to be maybe the worst autoflowering plant I had ever grown. To compound things it kept stretching and the main stalk was getting up near the light. So on the advice from trusted 420 members I went ahead and supercropped it bending that main stalk over about 12 inches from the top.

Well since doing that the plant has begun sprouting nodes on the side branches that weren't there before. She's starting to look like she might not be a total waste of time and electricity.

For comparison this is how she looked last week right before I super cropped her. Sparse side branches with lone buds at the tops.

So I uploaded a some photos and I didn’t ever do the update.

i added another 90w panel to the closet. Should help the penetration and subsequent flower and seed production. It is much brighter now.

Next is the top of the star pupil plant. Turning purple and flowering out normal female buds.

Next are a couple of branches that have pollen sacs growing and getting large

I’ll come back with photos of the moms in a minute.

You should be close to seeing some pollen flying around. Every morning check the leaves underneath the pollen sacks. The morning is when the vast majority of the pollen sacks will open. At some point you'll start seeing pollen laying on top of the leaves unless you're doing a crack job and collecting it before it falls.

I wanted to share a photo of my Garlic Sherbert that today is at flip +52 days. So I'm thinking the breeders recommendation of 9 weeks will prove accurate. I think in 10 days or so she should be ready. I like to look for those first couple amber crystals and then harvest.

Man she’s a beautiful plant, Beez. The buds just look frosty and colorful as could be. Is this the first Garlic Sherb you’ve harvested?

Well folks, everyday we inch closer to seeing Star Pupil pollen. The most mature sacs are at the top of each branch. Some of which are getting larger,striped, and starting to go out horizontally. Maybe in the next week the pollination will begin.

The moms are looking great too.. mostly I’ve been keeping my eye on the Grandpa Glue flowers. She’s so sticky, even in a tiny plant in a crappy closet.

I wanted to share a photo of my Garlic Sherbert that today is at flip +52 days. So I'm not thinking the breeders recommendation of 9 weeks will prove accurate. I think in 10 days or so she should be ready. I like to look for those first couple amber crystals and then harvest.
She sure is a beauty bud! I do have to question how you do not think 9 weeks will be accurate if you plan to cut in 10 days though. 9 weeks being 63 days seems fairly close. I tend to take all of my In House gear to 10 weeks the first run but I am sure some of it could be pulled before that. What are you getting for smells from her?

What are you getting for smells from her?
I've got a bit of a head cold going on. When I open the tent the only thing I smell is a very stout smelling Black Cherry Punch plant. So the fruity smells are still making it through. Just pulling a branch to my nose of the Garlic Sherbert plant I'm not getting much aroma. If I were a bud squeezer I'm sure I would get more fragrance.

I rubbed a couple sugar leaves between my fingers. I'm sure it's the head cold dulling my olfactory senses. I picked up on a faint aroma of bitter coffee and mango with a sort of burnt rubber background. I asked Lisa who said she was picking up a fruity aroma with coffee undertones. So there you go. Bud pics from a bit ago. Quite a few less clear crystals then a few days ago. No amber yet that I saw.

Back
Top Bottom