Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

Oh yeah they’re gonna be great... hopefully.

I’m not sure... I would wager that you want to keep the plant in 12/12 so that the metabolism stays in flower mode. You don’t want anything to ruin your pollen after this long of working at it.

Oh yeah they’re gonna be great... hopefully.

I’m not sure... I would wager that you want to keep the plant in 12/12 so that the metabolism stays in flower mode. You don’t want anything to ruin your pollen after this long of working at it.
Working with 4 bagseeds....one of them is due to be male. Just want to experiment and science...much like it is here!

All caught up and in for the rest of the ride! I want to make some regular seeds for my brothers who want to grow so they can make their own seeds but at the same time I want to make fem seeds and eventually fem auto seeds!
A lot of great information here, and looking great! I'm also in Canada and the Zon is where I shop for CS, but hear great things about STS, but, being new to making seeds I'll try CS first.

Welcome!

it’s a very easy process. You just have to make sure you don’t miss any applications, and you produce pollen sacs. Whether those pollen sacs give you good pollen is kind of a crapshoot And depends on genetics

I'm going to try STS on my Candida since beez didn't have any luck with the CS on his. I have a couple of cuttings rooting now ( I hope) so I'll be flipping them as soon as they get some growth. Both staying in solo cups though...I've had some good luck with Candida in a solo cup!
20200331_103117-cd-1-clone-jpg.2090222

You’re a freak, Shed. And I love it. People truly underestimate the solo cup. it’s a testament to your skill as a gardener that you can get a plant that big in a solo cup.

I haven’t looked into STS at all. I first found fem seed making with CS, so that was the path I chose. I didn’t even realized STS existed until like... maybe last year. I hope it goes well for you.

remind me again what the application process is? Isn’t it weekly applications?

also this

Oh yeah, I picked up the reversed SP this morning 1/2hr before lights in and gave her a good tapping over top of the grandpa glue... just thought you all should know

I did that collection bit about two days ago... I’m not sure why I didn’t post it here yet. I suppose I wanted a bit bigger stash to show.

beez said his Candida produced sacs but the pollen was wet and clumpy? Maybe it’s worth another go with the CS... I dunno, definitely worth a try with the STS

Congrats on the pollen! When I froze mine with the pods in the bag the moisture ruined it, so this time any leftover pollen will be stored by itself with rice in a cool drawer.

STS is a lot less work from what I've read (like once a week spraying) but I'm also checking out gibberellic acid for reversing like @The Celt does. He gets great results from that, and his instructions after mixing are:
- for 5 consecutive days, spray the marked tops LIGHTLY - do not drench
- after the 5 days, switch to your flowering schedule

Seems simple enough, and mixing is a lot easier than the two part STS system.

If that’s it and he gets great results, sign me up for gibberellic acid!

Id love to learn that method! So easy and quick. I’ve seen the seed he’s produced, they look great.

I'm going to try STS on my Candida since beez didn't have any luck with the CS on his. I have a couple of cuttings rooting now ( I hope) so I'll be flipping them as soon as they get some growth. Both staying in solo cups though...I've had some good luck with Candida in a solo cup!
20200331_103117-cd-1-clone-jpg.2090222
I got some good info on cs the other day shed let me know if you want me to share what I've learned on cs

Okay so,
It’s long been time to bring you all up to speed. Everyday I’ve been searching the Star Pupil for mature pollen sacs. Like this one. The yellow one on the right is mature, the rest are not.

I’ve be using the first few I find to pollinate the buds on all the plants. First I tap it out on a card.

once I feel like I’ve got plenty of pollen, I’ll swipe through it with a tiny brush.

then I take my tweezer, and I flick the bristles of the brush, so I can see little clouds of dust fly off over the buds.

I don’t want to speak too soon, but I think we’ve got some pregnant mamas going on.

Here are some buds I dusted. I took photos before I dusted them, I’ll go back and see if the pistils have browned and curled up soon.

Thanks Beez! With any luck we’ll have some viable crosses and S1s in a couple months. I’d like to get some confirmation soon that my plants are seeded, so I can get rid of the pollen branches.

Back
Top Bottom