Chef Chucks Pollen With Star Pupil, Sour Bubba, Cookies n Chem, NL & Grandpa Glue

Typo which I've corrected. I agree with the breeders recommended flowering time.

Typos get me all the time. I was not sure if that was what had happened or not, which is why I asked.

I've got a bit of a head cold going on. When I open the tent the only thing I smell is a very stout smelling Black Cherry Punch plant. So the fruity smells are still making it through. Just pulling a branch to my nose of the Garlic Sherbert plant I'm not getting much aroma. If I were a bud squeezer I'm sure I would get more fragrance.

I have had some plants that just over power everything else until you pull them out . Head colds make it even worse.

I rubbed a couple sugar leaves between my fingers. I'm sure it's the head cold dulling my olfactory senses. I picked up on a faint aroma of bitter coffee and mango with a sort of burnt rubber background. I asked Lisa who said she was picking up a fruity aroma with coffee undertones. So there you go. Bud pics from a bit ago. Quite a few less clear crystals then a few days ago. No amber yet that I saw.

I am awful at describing what my plants smell like. I will typically be able to tell you if they are fruity, funky, skunky, gassy and maybe floral. So basically the broader spectrum's. I can some times narrow it down a bit and get a bit more descriptive but nothing like Mr Krip and some others. My Slurricane smelt kind of like wine flavored cigars or blunt wraps. That was the best way i could describe her.

Damn Beez. That Garlic Sherbet looks so good. All your plants have been looking stellar for a while now! No pollen to be found on the leaves underneath with the SP though... not that there are really a lot of leaves to talk about, they’re all curly and sad.

That 100PPM colloidal silver might have something to do with the condition of the leaves. ;)
Oh it definitely does. I think I’ll probably dilute down to 50ppm next time. It doesn’t help that the star pupil is just a complainer in general also.

So you think it’s a question of root space? Maybe that’s why the revegged star pupil plant looked so damn good in flower. I put 4 inches of fresh soil under her rootball before flipping her.

I think it has a lot to do with it. When I grew mine, She always showed signs of being root bound way before being root bound. I could run other plants until they filled the pot completely with roots before they showed signs of stress. Not the Star Pupil though. She would get fussy with a 1 gallon pot having roots all the way through it, but not root bound. Then When I would uppot her she would get super happy until the pot filled with roots again. Then her leaves would get ugly and she would look like she hated life.

So the two biggest things I noticed was lots of root space and water less often than other plants.

well folks,

I think we’re almost there. Fully matured pollen sacs are cropping up all over. Nothing open yet, but I figured we’re bound to see some open ones in the next few days.

That was just the easiest one to photograph. There are a few decent ones on each branch. I think we should see pollen very soon. Hopefully it comes out nice and proper looking.

I'm thinking just keep applying the CS for a few more days to areas on your treated branches where you're not yet seeing pollen sacks. Then stop and watch the magic happen. It will seem like every day you're spotting more and more pollen sacks. Then in the morning start looking at the leaves underneath your mature pollen sacks. You'll start to find little bits of fallen pollen on the leaves. When you see that you'll be ready to start collecting pollen and making seeds. As I had recommended earlier trim away (when the sacks are mature) the leaves under the pollen sacks to facilitate the collection of pollen.

One tip when pollinating. Be very gentle with the brush touching the pistils. What I've been doing lately is dipping the small paintbrush tip into the pollen, holding it over the bud to be pollinated and gently tapping it which knocks the pollen onto the bud. Do not over-pollinate a bud. You might think more is better but in nature not every single pistil is pollinated. If you pollinate too many pistils you'll end up with a lot of underdeveloped, white, or tiny seeds. I'm thinking the lone bud isn't able to provide enough of everything the seed needs to mature fully especially space. They need some space. I can't wait to see your seeds when they start to form. Never fails to be exciting.
Sorry what week do you start doing it this the cs in flower week 2 ?

we’ve got a lot of excitement coming up. I’d love it if I could get enough pollen to store some. You never know what flowering girl might make a great recipient in the future.

Take the less is more approach to pollination, check. I’ve got some very very tiny brushes, so that’ll help to limit the pollen I can grab at once.

oh I don’t know if I mentioned this, I super cropped my NL that’s in the pollination closet. I didn’t want to do it. I think I even said, “what the hell am I doing.” Out loud as I was bending the branches. She just looked so ripe for the bending.
I heard from I think Chris scropio and few others that alot of people who store pollen use rice and store in freezer ?

Rice helps prevent moisture maybe ?

@Chris Scorpio do you mind chiming in buddy please from Yoru experience man?

hey king Joe! :ciao:

you start applying the CS one week before you go into flower. You go on applying until you see pollen sacs at a few different spots, then you stop.

Yeah I’d like to see what Chris had to say.

hey king Joe! :ciao:

you start applying the CS one week before you go into flower. You go on applying until you see pollen sacs at a few different spots, then you stop.

Yeah I’d like to see what Chris had to say.
Hey man

So any idea where I can get it in Canada man I would like to be at least collect pollen if safe to do so well growing female in tent? Buds still good to smoke after ?
.I got lots of questions lol

I am starting to really appreciate down strains such as this lemon og candy I got it white og by seedsman and discountinued .

Such a beauty should still live on ? Plus I got in house genetics platinum garlic to try soon . Not wasting that money .

Yeah I feel that. Gotta save those dollars where you can!

I’m pretty sure you can still smoke the buds on a plant that was treated, just not the treated branches. The other branches should be fine. You can do it in a tent with only females, you just have to take the plant out of the tent when the sacs start to mature. You’ll need somewhere to keep it for a few days while you collect pollen. Once you’ve got some collected, snip off the branches, spray the plant with water, let her drip dry and pop her back in the tent. You may get a few stray seeds, but nothing catastrophic.

As to where to get CS in Canada, I dunno bud. I got mine off amazon. The brand is Colloidal creek.

those sound like some dynamite strains. the Platinum garlic is going to be winner, as IHG is known for.

I’m pretty sure you can still smoke the buds on a plant that was treated, just not the treated branches. The other branches should be fine. You can do it in a tent with only females, you just have to take the plant out of the tent when the sacs start to mature. You’ll need somewhere to keep it for a few days while you collect pollen. Once you’ve got some collected, snip off the branches, spray the plant with water, let her drip dry and pop her back in the tent. You may get a few stray seeds, but nothing catastrophic.

As to where to get CS in Canada, I dunno bud. I got mine off amazon. The brand is Colloidal creek.

those sound like some dynamite strains. the Platinum garlic is going to be winner, as IHG is known for.
Wow thanks for that knowledge bro .

Got some digging searching to do. Well off to sleep . What a day ...

Talk soon and be safe bud.
.thanks chef :420::green_heart::passitleft:

Do you need to keep male plant in 12/12 once it shows sacs?

Star pupil with those seeds!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom