Chief's 2nd Try: Kindsoil Round 2

Not at this time. Right now, I’m only playing around with some of my brother’s (@BTzGrow) inadvertent crosses of Super Lemon Haze (female) with (he thinks) a rampaging Grape Ape that apparently went herm. I call them my Crash Test Seeds™️, and am using them to practice techniques and other tortures.

This one was to practice FIM. In the end, I got 5 growing tips out of the fimmed node - tips that would have been lost in a topping.

She (showed pistils last Thursday) really exploded after the FIM. The secondary stem growth alone is worth it. That’s a 2x2.5’ tent.
I’m impressed dude, nice job. Cannot for the life of me ever get a FIM to work, and I’ve tried an embarrassing amount of times :adore:

Too soon to give up, grasshopper. :)

I actually went back in a couple of days after my first unsatisfactory attempt, and trimmed and scraped even lower. That was the ticket. You have to disturb the apical cells in the developing node, without distressing the secondary growth coming out of the nodal juncture.

It’s tricky, but keep trying amigos. If done just right, you will be amazed.

:yummy:

You know what would be interesting... if any of you have a bunch of seeds you don’t really care about would be to pop like 20-40 in one fell swoop and start cutting off leaves waaaaaay early, like half of first leaves after cotes, half of second set, half of first true leaves, etc. just to see if you could get that FIM structure right out of the gate. Now I’m sure most of them would die or just not produce what you want... but the one that actually worked would be pretty rad.

start cutting off leaves waaaaaay early, like half of first leaves after cotes, half of second set, half of first true leaves, etc. just to see if you could get that FIM structure right out of the gate.

Well, to FIM, you have to cut off more than the leaves. You have to also cut through the apical meristem, just like topping. The difference is that the cut is through the developing node, not between nodes.

You could do a FIM at the first or second node, but the real benefit of both FIM and topping is the tremendous secondary stem growth that occurs below the cut.

I did this FIM through the seventh node, and removed secondary growth from the first and second nodes, leaving 4 strong pairs of stems below the fimmed node. This seems to produce explosive growth, with lots of tertiary stems popping up along them.

Well, to FIM, you have to cut off more than the leaves. You have to also cut through the apical meristem, just like topping. The difference is that the cut is through the developing node, not between nodes.

You could do a FIM at the first or second node, but the real benefit of both FIM and topping is the tremendous secondary stem growth that occurs below the cut.

I did this FIM through the seventh node, and removed secondary growth from the first and second nodes, leaving 4 strong pairs of stems below the fimmed node. This seems to produce explosive growth, with lots of tertiary stems popping up along them.
And she’s just starting flower now, right? You should fire up a temp flower journal as I’d love to see how the FIMmed nodes produce (good, bad, indifferent). I must not have cut far enough down on my attempts.

That's reaching for the heavens DC! Looks great :thumb:
Hey @InTheShed im going to Cali for Memorial Day Weekend and convinced the girlfriend to go to the Cannabis Cup. Would you by chance be going?
Should be fun, but I'm not going to be able to make it. San Bernardino is a bit of a drive and it's $45 a head. If they have it in L.A. sometime I'd consider checking it out though. Have a great time!

That's reaching for the heavens DC! Looks great :thumb:

Should be fun, but I'm not going to be able to make it. San Bernardino is a bit of a drive and it's $45 a head. If they have it in L.A. sometime I'd consider checking it out though. Have a great time!

Oh ok ya I understand I hate driving through LA and I don’t even live out there. The girlfriend lives in Loma Linda so I think it’s close to her.

You could probably walk there from Loma Linda!
San Bernardino is awesome I did the meet there took the VIP upcharge, had couches and coffee tables everywhere. Samples so many strains.....I will be there next year!

That makes me want to get the VIP. I’ve never been super excited about it since it will nvr be here. Do you pay for the samples and stuff?

I had to yes. And yes I loved the ViP lol there's where the couches and coffee tables everywere. And clean. This is two yrs ago when they brought that live growroom and Danko! He's cool, probably could have learned something from him today!

Other than that the dab stations were bout 50/50 free and they also had couches. lol dabs and heat are a party ... I'm so happy for you man it's I hope it's as good to you as it was to me. Happy for ya Chief! Flavour central is awaiting.

I had to yes. And yes I loved the ViP lol there's where the couches and coffee tables everywere. And clean. This is two yrs ago when they brought that live growroom and Danko! He's cool, probably could have learned something from him today!

Other than that the dab stations were bout 50/50 free and they also had couches. lol dabs and heat are a party ... I'm so happy for you man it's I hope it's as good to you as it was to me. Happy for ya Chief! Flavour central is awaiting.
Any members on 420 competing? Looked at the entry fee, man it’s pricey... $1K to enter and you have to provide 28 grams of pre-tested, pre-packaged and certified for things like pesticides, potency, terps, etc..

Any members on 420 competing? Looked at the entry fee, man it’s pricey... $1K to enter and you have to provide 28 grams of pre-tested, pre-packaged and certified for things like pesticides, potency, terps, etc..

I’m really not sure but that is pricey for that I’d think they would be testing it for you

I’m really not sure but that is pricey for that I’d think they would be testing it for you
Yeah it’s super pricey, most of those tests cost $75 a piece. Plus, not having done those tests before you just never know what they’ll come back with, it would be a shitty surprise to fail something. I’m hearing a lot more about coco coir grows showing positive for heavy metals.

Back
Top Bottom