ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

re: ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Wuts up Folks,

Firstly I have cut my losses with the BBWW plant, I don't think I could have brought her back. I will try again on my next grow after this one if all goes good. ::fingers crossed::.

Besides that nothing major to report, but critical is just doing her thing. Here are some pics from last night and this morning. Like i mentioned to Pilot, no need for watering soil is still pretty damp and she has some weight to her.

I am in a little situation tho, I will be going out tonight but wont be back until tomorrow, she is almost ready to be watered just not quite there yet. I figure one more day and she will just get a dose of some water. Does anyone recommend i give her some light watering tonight just to hold her over and then give her more tomorrow night or just try to ride it out until tomorrow, i want to stimulate root growth but not add stress to the plant either. Any advice from a member would be really helpful here.

Thanks.

photo_9-6_3.JPG
photo_9-6.JPG

better to let her dry out completely before watering, she will be alright to water tomorrow, and thank you for it

I'd love to answer that for you but I'm pretty new also, I'll try though. I'd water them a small portion maybe but not do their normal watering. When you get back, necessity would be commensurate with medium saturation of water.
Wuts up Jake, Thx for answering I was thinking of following the rule of thumb its easier to bounce back from under watering than over watering. Plus I also want a strong stem, she is the only plant in the tent currently and will receive all the light when i flip to 12/12. I think this will be important later on down the line in my grow. I did debate on even doing some foliar feeding on the underpart of the leaves, just by misting her. Direct water to the plant, but again I will follow the rule of thumb for noob growers lol.

BTW thanks for even stopping by and attempting to answer. :thanks:

better to let her dry out completely before watering, she will be alright to water tomorrow, and thank you for it

Hi Pilot,

I think this is what I will do as I mentioned to Jake, also judging by how nice your two plants did on your grow I hope mine ends up as successful as yours have been. BTW congrats on that unique pheno. :goodjob::bravo:

Have a good one fellas, I will post something tomorrow after I water her tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed she will be alright to manage the next 18hrs or so, and its football sunday lol. WHOOOO!!!!:cheer:

Sup fellow tokers,

Been a little busy haven't gotten a chance to update. Well I last gave her a watering on Sunday night, she could have held out until I think about Monday mid-afternoon but I knew I wouldn't get home until a lot later than that. So i gave her a watering and tested the run-off, my Ph was off and I was trying to balance it out, but I MADE THAT A HUGE DISASTER!. No matter what I did the soil was jumping back and forth between acidic and basic. I got worried about this and ended up just flushing her with 6 cups of water, but man her leaves were beginning to wilt right in front of me cause of so much water. So after the 6 cups of water I just put her back in the tent and turned my lights onto 100% power, pulled the light up some, and left them on all night so she would have a good chance of bouncing back. Sure enough that morning she was looking good as new, and she has been growing since.

Now on to this pH issue, I am not good at trying to balancing the pH in the soil. So i did some research and found out about some "Dolomite Lime", it helps to balance the pH in the soil so I shouldn't have to adjust it when I do my feedings.

So my plan for this is after I give RQS Critical her next light nute feeding I will transplant her into her final pot (3.5 gallon) to finish up her grow. Now when I prep the new soil in the new pot I will mix the dolomite lime according to the instructions on the bag. I hope this fixes my pH levels moving forward. From what I have read others have used it and never had a pH issue ever again. Now on to the pics! lol

Qwik side note:Gotta say I think wrote this pretty well, I vaped right before I sat down to type this lol. Had some "Alien Kush X Candy Kush"

These pics are from the other day. Nothing much to see but she does have some good leaf growth going.
IMG_28666.jpg
IMG_28676.jpg

These pics were taken about an hr ago. She has more leaf growth but I am noticing the 1st set of true leaves are starting to turn a very light green, like a lime. Does anyone know if this is normal? Also the cotyledon leaves are starting to turn yellow too. Also does anyone know if she should be a little taller? The light is about 2.5 ft from her and she isn't stretching, but the leaf growth seems a little compact ,no?
IMG_28784.jpg
IMG_28745.jpg
IMG_28733.jpg

Minor update. The critical plant has taken an random turn for the worse. Her leaves are half wilted and pointing up at the same time. I thought she might have had heat stress I backed off the light and cool down the temps some but 24hrs later she is still the same. The leaves feel limp, which suggest under watering but the soil is still moist quite a bit down after repotted. Not sure why the roots aren't searching for the water. I worry this plant won't make it either.

Don't think I have the "green thumb" so to speak. Can someone confirm if Fox farms ocean forest is bad for seedlings, and would be better for maybe clones. Would happy frog be a better choice?

I am having some pH problems with my RQS. the new transplanted soil is highly acidic out of the bag. it was FFOF, i just added more perlite and some dolo lime to balance the pH, the plant was sick so i flushed her and tested the pH run off about 3-4 times. Each time the acidity was about 4.0-5.0. could someone chime in please and tell me how to properly adjust pH. I really dont want to lose my 2nd plant.

Quick update, the royal plant got a little bit sick but I think she is making a turn for the better. I will post pics when I can tonight. Also I will add link to thread about fixing the sick plant. I am just trying to work on how I can cause root growth in the plant, cuz waiting until she wilts and soil is dry about 2 inches deep isn't working yet. Which suggests poor drainage but the repot has quite a bit of mix of perlite, don't see why root growth hasn't started yet.

Sup Folks,

Quick minor update. Plant seems to be doing pretty good. Current temp is 78 RH 49,i know the RH needs to go up a bit more. The plant was watered earlier this week, soil is pretty moist and she doesn't look like she needs a watering just yet. No Nutes for a bit since she was sick, and just transplanted into new soil. There should be a good amount of nutes in the soil(FFOF) still. She seems to be on the rebound I am only worried about how she is doing under the dirt [roots]. I don't think the roots are stretching as much as they could although she has gotten a bit taller and wider. To help her bounce back and get going a little quicker, I picked up some superthrive. I mixed up the solution as the direction said to and I will give her some when she is due for a watering. Now on to the pics:

photo_3_1_31.JPG
photo_2_3_12.JPG

Hey Chill, try watering around the edges of the pot to make the roots search for that water. Also water only when dry. That will help calm your nerves about the roots. Looking much better!

Yeah RH should be higher, but don't panic and lose sleep over it. You can still have a successful grow at 50% RH from Veg to Flower. (I pulled over 3 ounces from 2 plants with CFLs @50% RH)

And subbed :)

Hey Chill, try watering around the edges of the pot to make the roots search for that water. Also water only when dry. That will help calm your nerves about the roots. Looking much better!

Damn.. nice idea man. I'll give that a shot on my grow too.

Yeah RH should be higher, but don't panic and lose sleep over it. You can still have a successful grow at 50% RH from Veg to Flower. (I pulled over 3 ounces from 2 plants with CFLs @50% RH)

And subbed :)

Damn.. nice idea man. I'll give that a shot on my grow too.
Wuts up Pilot/ Antics,

I agree watering on the edge is a good idea, I will do that too.

I will still try to get RH up best I can. I added one more container of water in the tent.

Now I just have to wait on the Queen to show some growth, I am going to just pick up the pot and water until the plant tells me she needs water. Soil is pretty damp below topsoil.

Also I had a Feminized Critical Super Silver Haze germing, seed cracked a few days ago. I used the shot glass with water method. I put in her some dirt and I will wait for her to break soil. When I put that seed in the dirt she stuck to the cup, and then to my finger, and then dropped in the soil but got lost in the groove i dug out for her to planted in. Hope she corrects herself in the soil. I put that seed in dirt yesterday so I have my fingers crossed.

I also have a "Delicious Fruit Punch" strain that is in the shot glass with water but that seed has been in there for almost 5 days and still hasn't cracked. I read it can take up to 2 weeks sometimes before a seed will open. Seed sunk to the bottom but hasn't opened yet, again just waiting lol.

Quick edit: New plants are in a diff soil 1: 1 :1 ratio of FFOF, FFHF, Perlite. Hope it helps the future plants and helps with the pH issues I have been having.
Have a good football Sunday yall.

If the soil is damp, definitely wait it out. It won't hurt the plant, since the moisture is there.. but human nature we always like to make sure they have enough water. Just keep a close eye on things and keep us updated.

The seed will definitely correct itself, no worries there. I like to keep them under a light so they know which way is up.

Enjoy your day brother, relax and have a smoke or two. Or 4. :rollit:

Good, bad or ugly, let us know and we'll help as much as we can!

There's no better feeling than completing a grow, and getting to sit back, relax, and enjoy some smoke that you grew, cared for, harvested, and cured yourself. You taste vistory and success in every hit you take :)

Not much to report tonight. The queen has had some growth and I'm glad she has rebounded. Been almost a week and she doesn't need a watering yet. Guess that's good lol soil is still damp and as you can see from the pics she is pretty happy so far. I'm still waiting for the critical to crack the surface hope the plant does soon. Anyone have some suggestions on this two yellow leaves still there, are they a drain on the plant? See the pics below enjoy and enjoy MNF if anyone is watching.

image14189.jpg
image14188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom