ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

re: ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Looking very nice and healthy there. Good luck with the fiming. Take lots of pics!

I was away for a bit couldn't post pics like I wanted, but after I FIM'd Roya she responded by wilting a bit but after 2hrs she bounced back; also keep in mind she watered right after she was FIM'd. She drank just over a half gallon of just water, and 24oz of water and superthrive mix. From that night I left the light on for her for the whole night. The next morning she looked good, leaves perked back up and she was back to doing what she does. Sil-Via has been growing, slower but she has been growing. Soil was dry but i gave her a watering (Water and superthrive) today, hopefully she should start really going. Here are the pics :
IMG_2970.jpg
IMG_29686.jpg
IMG_29724.jpg
IMG_29749.jpg

IMG_29656.jpg

Sil-Via this morning:
IMG_29676.jpg

Roya this morning:
IMG_297510.jpg
IMG_29779.jpg

Roya this morning has grown a lot, mostly wider from what i noticed. She is much bigger than the palm of my hand now, in fact she covers the whole thing, her stem has even gotten thicker.

I did noticed the night Roya got he watering, I did a Ph check and the soil was reading 5.0, i'm guessing this must be the FFOF again, I still haven't noticed any signs of nute burn or lock out, leaves are pretty green. I am guessing the soil is just hot still. I will keep water with just plain water until I noticed my Ph has leveled out in 6.0-7.0 range. Again my thinking is if the Ph is reading low and all i'm doing is adding room temp neutral water it shouldn't be bringing it down, the culprit has to be the FFOF. I will keep monitoring Roya to see how she responds to the FIM, so far it is looking good, if anything might have sped up growth a little bit. The leaves i did cut are still growing as well, and have become quite big since i cut them.

Thx and Antics and Pilot. How log before I know the FIM was a success or not? Let alone how can I even tell, now the top just looks like some lettuce or somethig lol.

I had to lower the output of might to 50% the past 2 day daily temp shot up. Inside the tent went up to 90, did my best to keep the ladies cool. Got it at 84 when the light was at 50%. It should cool down by tonight/tomorrow so the girls will get the light back to 100% soon.

Gotcha thanks Antics. Don't think the FIM was a success, looks like there is still one shoot and there has been some growth around the stem of the plant, but nothing looking similar to 4 tops. I think I may have to try again at some point down the line or even top, which should be good, it should allow for Sil-via to catch up. I want to switch them into flower around the same time.

No pics for now, nothing major to show on either plant. Their both just growing.

I feel like my plants are behind compared to others journals when I look at how many days it has been and so on. Think it must be something I am not doing...

Sup Folks,

Tuesday night I noticed something a little bit strange.I think ROYA may be showing signs of early nitrogen deficiencies. From the pics some of the leaves are turning lighter green almost the color of a lime. These are leaves that were somewhat close and grew under one another but I dont think that should have made the leaves turn and stay a lighter green. Can anyone take a look at the pics below and let me know what they think. I may have to start nutrients sooner than I thought.

photo_3393.JPG
photo_2479.JPG
photo_1546.JPG

Sil-Via is doing her thing, growing, starting her second set of leaves, she is small still and hasn't hit her stage of massive growth :/. But she is alive and not showing any other bad signs so I am happy.

Thanks Antics. Do you know which kind would start at the top nowhere else and gradually make the leave turn lighter green and feel very thin like. I am guessing next watering I will add Fox Farms nutes. Can someone reccommend how to start her back on nutes again. I was thinking in a half gallon container to use half strength of what Fox farms recommends.

I have trouble with nutes and pH. Since I have stayed away from them things have been going good for Roya, I hope this time around it will better. My other question is has anyone fed their plant nutes, then in the middle of that feeding add water, and then finish with the rest of nuts feeding. I was thinking of doing this to curb "nute burn", but I want some more experienced growers to chime in and share their thoughts.

Just mix your nutes weaker to prevent nute burn. but this looks a little like a deficiency. Immobile element as well, so the most likely guesses for me would be Sulfur, or Iron.

If the deficiency starts at the top, it's an immobile element. Iron, Caalcium, Manganese, Zinc, Copper, Boron, etc..
If it starts at the bottom of the plant, it's a mobile element. Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium.

Some reading I've done suggests that Manganese, and Sulfur are moderately mobile.

Subbed! I just started my first grow, a super silver haze into a coco happy frog mix today. Next will be the wwxbb hybrid. Good luck on your grow ChillAH! Can't wait to see the girls progress.:Namaste:

What's up folks,

Last night I gave roya and sil-via a feeding last night. Roya got some Jutes to help with the deficiencies. I only did a qtr strength. I tested pH and PPM on the plants. PH was around 5.5-6.0 and the ppm was 125. Going off the ppm #'s I believe the soil ran out of nutes hence why the plant was showing nutrient deficiencies. I also took a page out of pilots and antics book I watered around the stem and then 75% of the half gallon mix went to the corners of the pot so the roots can search and grow.

Sil-via is working on her 3rd set of leaves coming along nicely so far, I do notice that this plant likes to "lean" lol. I will add some more soil to balance her out.

I think I will be practicing some LST and maybe do another FIM when Roya starts some new growth again. I have been having some trouble keeping temps really low inside the tent. They have been up at 82. For the past few days, plants don't seem to mind but I know that isn't optimal temp. RH I get between 55-60. Sometimes drops lower but it usually goes back up at some point.

Subbed! I just started my first grow, a super silver haze into a coco happy frog mix today. Next will be the wwxbb hybrid. Good luck on your grow ChillAH! Can't wait to see the girls progress.:Namaste:

Thx man. Welcome. I'll check ur grow out soon too. My WWXBB didn't make it unfortunately. Hoping these two plants pull thru for me. A dative and indica. Day bud and night time bud.

I hope the rest of your girls make it. Tell us how the fim went I'm still debating on doing it to one of my babies. To grow tall or not. That is the question haha. Good luck bruh!

Sup Polo,

I did the FIM already, check the old pages in the journal. Unfortunately for me it was not very successful in giving me many tops. On the other hand I do believe i achieved the bushy effect, because the she hasn't grown height wise, but the undergrowth is going like crazy. i will try to post pics later today, not feeling to great. My grow space is 60 inches high, so unfortunately I cant go to tall with my plants, a lot of hybrids for me in the future and indica plants even though I am more of a fan of Sativas. The girls are looking good so far, outside of the nute deficiency, but I will fix that with the next watering or the one thereafter.

Roya was giving nutes on Friday, and i expect both plants to need to be watered again within the next 2 to 3 days. Soil is already starting to get dry about 2nd knuckle deep, but the corners have most of the water, so I will have to monitor that.

I'm debating if i should let Sil-via go until she is showing signs she needs water too, I really want her roots to get going, but she seem pretty healthy so far. She is working on the 4th set of leaves already. Again I will try to post pics later today. Soil is also very loose and not compacted, i think the FFOF, FFHF and Perlite mix was a good way to go. I know the soil has less nutes being that she is in FFHF, so I will be keeping a close eye for nute deficiency and I may start her on it a little early. I will be using the PPM to get a better gauge.

I do have a question if anyone can help me out here a bit. Roya was giving nutes on Friday, but her PPM was 125 (extremely low) for a plant her age/size, I wanted to know if anyone thought I should skip a nute a feeding and just do water or do a nute feeding this time around because the soil doesn't have the proper level nutes just yet. Sorry if it was a little confusing, but I hope someone can understand what I am saying.

Here are the pics I mentioned.

Roya:
IMG_300411.jpg
IMG_30018.jpg
IMG_30027.jpg
IMG_300310.jpg

Can someone shed some light on how all this undergrowth will help when she goes into flower? I know I will get "popcorn nuggets" from these areas unless I do a supercrop or something along those lines, but should I clip these and try out cloning? Not sure what to do yet just a little bit curious if this would be a good time. I kind of have some space for one more plant, but I know the more plants in a grow space the smaller the yield. Just running some thoughts in my head, woulnd't mind some suggestions.

Sil-Via:
IMG_30055.jpg
IMG_300612.jpg

Here is the Sil-via, still somewhat small she is starting to stretch a bit but not to crazy. I was inspecting her and I did notice she had some roots coming out the stem that were pretty high above the dirt, not sure what she was trying to do, but otherwise as you guys can see in the pics she is looking pretty happy so far.

For my lower branches, I try to train them to grow upwards while I LST the rest of the branches. If a branch isn't showing strong growth I just lollipop it, I don't think the stress to supercrop a weak branch is worth it. If anything I'd supercrop healthy strong growing branches, and snip the little ones to use as clones.

Back
Top Bottom