ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

re: ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Hope it has a similar effect for me Ant. Did you LST new growth shoots? Am I feeling a little overwhelmed looking at mine and where to LST at, she has shoots all over the place from the undergrowth.

I haven't started LST yet, and haven't topped it yet, but the topping is coming soon, and LST will follow shortly after.

And to add to stealth's strains comment, In your experience, you will likely come across a Sativa/Indica hybrid that is a percentage of both, maybe Sativa Dominant, or maybe Indica Dominant, but you will find a strain that gives you most of one effect, and a small amount of the other effect, and that perfect blend of both is going to vary for each person.

So try all the strains you can until you find that one that just just fall in love with :thumb:

I haven't started LST yet, and haven't topped it yet, but the topping is coming soon, and LST will follow shortly after.

And to add to stealth's strains comment, In your experience, you will likely come across a Sativa/Indica hybrid that is a percentage of both, maybe Sativa Dominant, or maybe Indica Dominant, but you will find a strain that gives you most of one effect, and a small amount of the other effect, and that perfect blend of both is going to vary for each person.

So try all the strains you can until you find that one that just just fall in love with :thumb:

100 agreed - but sometimes even when you find that perfect strain and use it for awhile it loses its magic and youll need to switch to something else :) you can always switch back and its great again, body must get strain tolerances or maybe its just me lol

Sup everyone,

Update for tonight. Sil-Via was in need of a watering, she was very dry and pretty light. I am getting a much better gauge now on when she needs to be watered. She was also showing some light signs of nutrient deficiencies. I figured i would give her the first dose of nutes tonight. I gave her a very very light mix of FF nutes and before I did her ppm was 193, possibly a tad bit higher. Anyway so I made my mix that was about 400PPM, I gave the feeding to Sil-via and decided to test the run off and was getting the run off of about 800ppm. Not sure where I missed my calculations this time, but it will be something I monitor and keep a close eye on, I am trying to practice limiting nute burn on these plants. If anyone has any suggestions on how to check PPM for best readings I am all ears. Anyways now on to the pics :
Pre-feeding:
IMG_30369.JPG

Post-feeding:
IMG_30378.JPG

Now here are some pics tonight of Roya, she isn't yet due for her watering/feeding. Also guys please take a look at my LST as I am open to suggestions on this, want to maximize this yield while I can. Like I said Roya will be tested on while she waits for Sil-Via to catch up. Sorry forgot to add Roya has been giving off a light odor of a skunk smell. I hope this isn't a sign she will be super stinky during flower. I have a carbon filter but I was hoping my first grow wouldn't be to bad 1st time around.

ROYA:
FullSizeRender5.jpg
IMG_30389.JPG
IMG_304010.JPG

Gotcha Antics. I will keep an eye out for when you start LST on the current grow. And believe me I plan to try as many strains as I can. In the past I have had some mango kush that I really enjoyed, and some blue dream, blue cheese, and trainwreck, and some super silver haze mix too. I have had some others but these are strains I really enjoyed.

Hi ChillAH.
Your welcome for the info buddy, that's what we are all here for. ;)

As far as strains, its all up to you. Sativa is more of a euphoric, happy, energetic, "up" happy, smiling high. My arms and legs always tingle when I smoke a nice Sativa. Sativa's are good for getting chores done around the house, or daytime smoking. Good for depression, anxiety, and pain relief.

Indica is a more heavy, couch lock buzz. Definitely relaxing, and if I over indulge I'll take a little nap. Indica's are great for Insomnia, stress, ADD/ADHD, pain, and anxiety also.

You should check out the strain review section of the 420 site or maybe check out a site like Marijuana Dispensary & Strain Reviews - Leafly, where you can see almost every strain, the effects of the strain, and the ailments each particular strain helps with. This should help you make a decision on what strain you'd like to grow. Looking forward to your next update.
Cheers.;)

Cool I will def check out the strain reviews page on the site to get some more feedback.

100 agreed - but sometimes even when you find that perfect strain and use it for awhile it loses its magic and youll need to switch to something else :) you can always switch back and its great again, body must get strain tolerances or maybe its just me lol

Lol yea i noticed that. I usually try to take breaks lower my tolerance a bit, i could also follow the other philosophy "I just need to smoke more" lmao.

I know in a little late to join in, but they look great so far!

I currently have a wwbb and a ssh 1 week in flower at the moment. Also ordered from herbies lol. It will be interesting to see how they grow.

Thx Flyin, its been a tough road so far but I think I am getting the hang of it. I will check out your journal, out. Good luck on your BBWW my girl didn't make it, I had bad drainage.

Quick update...

Girls are looking good so far, LST on ROYA is working in some parts, not everywhere. I am starting to worry about the plant not growing taller, she is def growing cuz the undergrowth keeps getting longer and more leaves are forming. She is def due for a watering soon, the pot is very light, or maybe cuz i just got in from the gym lol, j/k. The plants experienced temps as high as 86 today, so she may also be showing signs of heat stress, she has done this in the past. Anyway I will remain optimistic she can hold out until tomorrow.

Sil-via is doing good. Def growing, and only showed some light nute burn on one leaf tip.

Anyway pics:
IMG_304112.JPG
IMG_304211.JPG

Sorry to hear about your luck chill. Atleast you still have two beauties lol.

And I would try to top that ssh. I waited longer than I should have because it was my runt. Gained 10" in height overnight and exploded on me. I couldn't believe my eyes haha.

Thx Flyin, I have just been taking some good advice from fellow members. Your guys help has really turned things around. Especially after Antics just told me to flush. Since I did i have been doing good. lol

She is a hybrid from the critical strain, should help with the height. But i know this also depends on the plants pheno's that will be displayed on the plant. I will def keep what you said in mind and watch her closely. Lol i actually planned to top and LST like what Stealth and Antics suggested.

Also quick note, i did some reading for most of the afternoon trying to get some info about the PPM, and man did i get a lot of back and forth as to whether a soil user like myself should use it or not. I still dont know what to do about it, bc some suggest it helps to measure the concentration in the nutes and helps to get accurate readings of how much the plant can actually tolerate. But on the other side it rendered completely useless because the soil will add particles in the run off therefore giving false readings. :confused::scratchinghead:

Tonight I topped Sil-Via, and started the LST. Hopefully she responds well to this and gets going after about a week. I will have some pics to post later/tomorrow. I also re did the LST on Roya, I think she is responding to it well, branches are growing out wards, and even a branch I lollipopped bounced back, nice to see when you try diff. Things it gets positive results.

What do you guys do when your plants have a lot if undergrowth during veg? So far I have been trying to see what I can tie off and get to grow horizontally. A few of the branches have taken well to this method so far.

Outside of this not much to share. Have a good night folks.

Most branches, I've been able to train to grow where I want. You should be able to spot the branches that don't grow much, the stem stays real skinny, like a toothpick, and it doesn't get taller as fast as the others. I just snip those off in Veg. They make great clones, but no good on the plant.

I basically tuck/defol fan leaves, and use LST to move branches up/down, left/right to get light to as much of the plant as possible.

It sounds like you have a good idea how it all works now though, so keep up the good work!

Mayday! need a lil help here 420,

I left this morning, Roya was doing good. I come back and she is not doing so great, pretty much the whole plant is wilted. I dont think it is a water/dry issue, because around the whole plant it is pretty damp, but the bad part is that the soil is kinda clumped around the roots. some stats that may help to narrow the issue.

She was watered last Wednesday with plain water, temp today got up to 84 and the RH was 25 (low i know, i have been having trouble keeping it high), other than that I dont see what else could have cause an issue. The other plant is fine and is actually working on new growth already since she was topped.

Anyone please help! dont want to lose this plant. Hope its not a root problem, I will attempt a quick transplant to see if the roots are rotted, because they are def all around her final pot but their white and dont seem to be rotting.

DOH!!!--temps are fine, and you watered with plain water so no nute burn. weird that the other plant if fine. Pics would help for sure.
Good luck.;)

Back
Top Bottom