ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

re: ChillAH's 1st BB X White Widow & Royal Queen Critical Grow

Your undergrowth is looking nice you should measure height before topping and weekly after topping. I'm curious if it stops upward growth or just temporarily stunts it. I'm rooting for Silvia I think she's one of those late bloomers. :cheer:

Last night wasn't sure if I should water the girls or not but I said F it. Sil-via was much more dry than Roya. But any way I decided to get the ppm for each plant before I have them a feeding. Roya ppl was 100, while Silvia was 224.

I gave Roya a nute feeding of half the strength, nutes were about 6.5 ph and 745 ppm. So with the 100 and 745 it should total 845 but from what I understand this is still very low for a plant her age/size. I eventually intend to get it up higher because she has slowed her upward growth. Undergrowth is still good though. So far no signs of root burn at all. Hopefully I see signs of growth from Roya she is only 7 inches tall so far. When she is a foot I will flip her. But I also will have to allow Sil-via to catch up. So in that time I will probably FIM/TOP. This should allow for the other plant to catch up and give me more bud sites from Roya. Also forgot to add Roya took about half a gallon of plain water, and a half gallon of water mixed with nutes. After the feeding there was a lot left in the catch pan, but when I checked her at 7 this morning all the water had been sucked back up, nothing was in the plan. Plant must have been really hungry. Hopefully she continues her upward growth again.

Sil-via is def doing much better. She is starting work on her 4th set of leaves. Her PPM I believe is low too so I will begin giving her light doses of nutes. So far so good otherwise.

Does anyone know where I can get a PPM chart for these plants? I know each strain is diff and won't go for every plant. I did a Google search and found some, but each one seemed untrustworthy.

Might post pics later, not much to see but it might be good for me to look back on for future grows to compare to.

Your undergrowth is looking nice you should measure height before topping and weekly after topping. I'm curious if it stops upward growth or just temporarily stunts it. I'm rooting for Silvia I think she's one of those late bloomers. :cheer:

Lol thx polo.she will get going.i think the delay has to die with lack of nutes in the soil, less harsh mix than what my other plant is in. Next feeding for sil-via I will add light nutes, see how she takes to it. I just need to find a good chart for ppm for age and height of a plant. I think for a plant that's almost 3 weeks the ppm should be just under 1000, im at 200 so it's low but I don't want to shock her just yet.

Here are some pics of the ladies tonight. Roya so far seems good, but she still has not had any growth from the top shoots. She has slowed. Also looks like that light green leaf issue may be coming back, not sure yet. I will have to monitor this to see if im seeing things or not.

IMG_30184.JPG
IMG_30177.JPG
IMG_30165.JPG
IMG_30157.JPG

tie them outward, you can lolipop too, all depends on what size you are going for though.

Tried out some LST last night for this undergrowth, I think I can see some results from LST already. I made some minor adjustments tonight and supercropped one of the new side shoots. I bent it to much and had to tape it up, trying to get more outward growth for tops when she hits flower. I will adjust the LST for the other side once the leaves have grown in some. I am somewhat worried though she hasn't had any height growth in about a week. Should I be alarmed or is she focusing on lower shoot growth? Anyway on to the pics:

IMG_30309.jpg
IMG_30318.jpg

This pic is of the side that I will LST next once the other side grows out some.

IMG_30328.jpg

Hi Chill.:ciao:

All caught up on your journal, your Critical is looking great so far, getting very bushy for sure.
I'm a DWC grower so I'm not the best person to get advise from for soil grow tips, but as far as topping, I can help for sure.
When you "top" the main branch at the very top of the plant, you create two new tops/branches. It usually takes a couple of days, but you should see the 2 new tops starting to develop. You can repeat the process again on the 2 newly created tops once they heal and grow a little, and this will create 4 tops etc..etc....
I usually top my seedlings at the fourth or fifth node fairly early in growth so the plant splits early and is easier for me to train. Once the two tops have recovered and are starting vertical growth again is when I start the LST process with string.

Here's a pic of my Sour Diesel I've grown from seed in the solo cup, you can see where I originally topped her and started the training by tying the branches to the sides of the cup. Some of the lower growth is brownish cause she is root bound in that cup now, she's being transplanted into my DWC reservoir this weekend after I harvest my OG Kush.

IMG_004860.JPG

IMG_004759.JPG

By tying down the branches, all her lower growth branches have now become tops. This little Sour D has 9 tops so far!!

If you want to take clones of your girls go for it. Its a great way to save on seed costs, and if you really like a certain strain you can just clone it over and over again. I would suggest maybe going to YouTube and search for "Cannabis cloning" or some variation of that. You'll come up with TONS of videos on how to clone. I use a cloning gel called Clonex which I highly recommend. A little bottle will last you a long time the the stuff works great.

My Harvested Critical from a month ago is still curing. I find it has almost no smell and the taste isn't great. It has a very green taste, nothing like the other strains I've grown. So I'm hoping the longer cure will help with the taste a little. The buzz is very mild. I hope yours turn out better than mine but I gotta say I wasn't impressed with the RQS Critical and won't be growing it again. (Mine had a pheno prob with the 3 bladed leaves also)

Your first grow is definitely going to be the hardest but you've been getting great advise from Antics and others, and your girls seems to be coming along very nice.
Good luck & Subscribed, I'll try to help where I can.
Cheers.;)

bubble cloners work great and you can make one fairly cheap its what I use
just an airpump cloning gel water and some neoprene pucks
you can buy them already made but why bother if you can save cost making your own
Subbed
you can also make fem seeds also save you money on buying seeds and it easier to store a bunch for years

Excellent topping instructions stealth! That's why we all love you :)

Hi Chill.:ciao:

All caught up on your journal, your Critical is looking great so far, getting very bushy for sure.
I'm a DWC grower so I'm not the best person to get advise from for soil grow tips, but as far as topping, I can help for sure.
When you "top" the main branch at the very top of the plant, you create two new tops/branches. It usually takes a couple of days, but you should see the 2 new tops starting to develop. You can repeat the process again on the 2 newly created tops once they heal and grow a little, and this will create 4 tops etc..etc....
I usually top my seedlings at the fourth or fifth node fairly early in growth so the plant splits early and is easier for me to train. Once the two tops have recovered and are starting vertical growth again is when I start the LST process with string.

Here's a pic of my Sour Diesel I've grown from seed in the solo cup, you can see where I originally topped her and started the training by tying the branches to the sides of the cup. Some of the lower growth is brownish cause she is root bound in that cup now, she's being transplanted into my DWC reservoir this weekend after I harvest my OG Kush.

IMG_004860.JPG

IMG_004759.JPG

By tying down the branches, all her lower growth branches have now become tops. This little Sour D has 9 tops so far!!

If you want to take clones of your girls go for it. Its a great way to save on seed costs, and if you really like a certain strain you can just clone it over and over again. I would suggest maybe going to YouTube and search for "Cannabis cloning" or some variation of that. You'll come up with TONS of videos on how to clone. I use a cloning gel called Clonex which I highly recommend. A little bottle will last you a long time the the stuff works great.

My Harvested Critical from a month ago is still curing. I find it has almost no smell and the taste isn't great. It has a very green taste, nothing like the other strains I've grown. So I'm hoping the longer cure will help with the taste a little. The buzz is very mild. I hope yours turn out better than mine but I gotta say I wasn't impressed with the RQS Critical and won't be growing it again. (Mine had a pheno prob with the 3 bladed leaves also)

Your first grow is definitely going to be the hardest but you've been getting great advise from Antics and others, and your girls seems to be coming along very nice.
Good luck & Subscribed, I'll try to help where I can.
Cheers.;)

Thx Stealth, I think I will try this out on the SSH, since she is younger and not yet on the 5th node. Also what strains do you reccomend? I will probably doing another grow after these two ladies but I want to try something different the next grow around. I am not expecting a lot from RQS effects wise, but since she has tolerated so many of mistakes early on and currently, I want to kinda use her to test different growing techniques.

BTW thanks for sub'n, appreciate it!

It's amazing how well LST works. On my Cali Jack, the 2 2nd lowest nodes ended up producing the biggest colas.

I absolutely swear by it, and plan to use LST on every grow from now on.

Hope it has a similar effect for me Ant. Did you LST new growth shoots? Am I feeling a little overwhelmed looking at mine and where to LST at, she has shoots all over the place from the undergrowth.

Quick update,

Girls are doing good, I re-did some of the LST on Roya trying to get more horizontal growth from her. Hoping I will see something in the upcoming days.

The ladies are doing pretty good, Sil-Via may be due for a watering in the next day or 2. I want to get some roots going so I am going to push it to the limit a bit. I also believe one of the leaves is starting to show signs of early deficiencies so the next watering I will probable add some nutes(PPM test meter will be used again).

Fellas I will look into this bubble cloner you guys were talking about. Never heard of it but I may want to look into cloning to cut down on some of the wait time and keep strains I like.

I will post some pics tomorrow, so i can get some feedback on my LST and what I might expect from it.

Hi ChillAH.
Your welcome for the info buddy, that's what we are all here for. ;)

As far as strains, its all up to you. Sativa is more of a euphoric, happy, energetic, "up" happy, smiling high. My arms and legs always tingle when I smoke a nice Sativa. Sativa's are good for getting chores done around the house, or daytime smoking. Good for depression, anxiety, and pain relief.

Indica is a more heavy, couch lock buzz. Definitely relaxing, and if I over indulge I'll take a little nap. Indica's are great for Insomnia, stress, ADD/ADHD, pain, and anxiety also.

You should check out the strain review section of the 420 site, Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews, where you can see almost every strain, the effects of the strain, and the ailments each particular strain helps with. This should help you make a decision on what strain you'd like to grow. Looking forward to your next update.
Cheers.;)

Back
Top Bottom