Chump's First Indoor

Here's how they look today.

Aroma has a little ruffling going on with her leaves. I couldn't find anything about it in the plant abuse chart. Anyone know what that is?

Diesel in front, Aroma back left, Big Bang back right.
P1060642a.JPG

Aroma
P1060643a.JPG

Aroma from top view.
P1060645a.JPG

The color looks off a bit, probably because it's so bright in there. Also there are a couple yellow spots on 1 leaf of Aroma. I'm not too worried about it. What do you think about the ruffled leaves?

Better late than never I always say. Sorry I didn't spot your journal before this, very interested in those CFL spots. Going to be fun watching this grow!

You say you water them a little bit everyday. I think you should allow the plants to dry out a bit, not so much as to cause them to go limp, but enough to stimulate the roots to grow. Over watering, not allowing the roots to dry will cause root rot. Just thought I'd pass that along. When you do water (i use the same de clor method) pour enough so that the water flushes out the salts, and plant waste build up.

Good advice about the restrictions on additional nutes during this critical period.

I wouldn't worry about the leaf changes, all are looking quite healthy:goodjob:

Good Luck!

Thanks guys! Yeah I let them dry out pretty good. I think so far their watering has been going good. They haven't had a drink in 2 days, and I'm going to water them tommorow with our beta fish waste water. I think they'll love it!

Thanks again guys for stopping by!
It only takes 2 days for them to dry out in those big pots? Next time you water, stick your finger 2 inches into the soil; if dirt sticks to your finger, its still wet and you should wait a bit more before you water. The perfect time to water is just before your leaves start to droop, so you have to anticipate it based on experience. I typically went 3-4 days between watering. When you water, do what OldSkoool says and be sure to give them enough water so that it comes out from the bottom of the pot. Cannabis likes wet/dry periods. So get em wet, and let em dry.

Thanks DFW! I've never watered them enough to come out the bottom. I'll do it now since I bought a tray to go under the pots.

They're looking real good, growing like crazy. Aroma looks like she has a little nute burn on one leaf. I'll keep my eyes on it. I tightend up the LST, added a few more bulbs. I now have 13 bulbs total. I added a couple 2700k and a couple 5500k bulbs.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Oh, no more beta fish water, my cat killed it yesterday. :rip:

Day 25

Day 11 of flowering.
Aroma Front, Big Bang back right, and Diesel back left.
The LST seems to be working the best on Aroma. She looks like she's going to have 4 tops. I need to tighten the ropes on Big Bang a little and flatten her out. And Diesel is handling the LST a little better. She has 2 top sites. The nute burn on Aroma doesn't seem to be much of an issue, it looks like on only one leaf.

P1060658a.JPG

Looking good. Regarding watering until you have runoff out the bottom, pour slow and wait. Don't simply flood the plant until water runs out the bottom. It will take a couple of times but you will get dialed in on exactly how much water it takes to do that. Usually by the time I have watered my last plant the first one is showing a little drip out the bottom. Now I know the quanity they need so I just pour that measured amount.

Hi Ms. chump stain :surf:

I look at pictures closely. Is that the spots on the lower leaf? They look like holes to me. If they are holes lift up the leaf and check to see if some critters are under there. If so get them killed in a hurry.

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but ya never know.

I too don't want anything to go wrong for you. Hope I'm wrong. :ganjamon:

Plants are looking great! Nice buds developing on the Aroma, and Diesel. As far as the ruffled leaves, one of the three plants I started had similar ruffled leaves from a different seed group than the other two plants. If humidity is a factor, wouldn't all three plants display the same leaf effect?

Hi Ms. chump stain :surf:

I look at pictures closely. Is that the spots on the lower leaf? They look like holes to me. If they are holes lift up the leaf and check to see if some critters are under there. If so get them killed in a hurry.

Don't mean to be an alarmist, but ya never know.

I too don't want anything to go wrong for you. Hope I'm wrong. :ganjamon:
The nute burn I was talking about was on a leaf near a bud site. The photograph doesn't really pick it up. The couple spots on the fan leaf have been there for a while now. I don't know where those came from. I don't think it's much to worry about, yet.

I did have some nats flying around for a little bit, I think they came from the MG soil. I haven't seen those in a while, so that's good.

The ruffled leaves seem to be gone now.

Thanks guys! The smell is fantastic. I am using the DFW Guy approved Home Depot room deoderizer. It works great, except I need some more.
I'd try using 3 or 4 at a time. Oh and I find using 'brushed cotton' and 'vanilla' together make a pleasant sent :peace:
With those new lights, how many watts are you at?

Thanks!
I let them go 3 days without water, and Aroma was all droopy this morning. So I gave her the last of the fish water, and I'll probably flush her out in the next day or 2. Because I noticed another leaf with some nute burn. I'll probably flush all 3 here soon. Then maybe I'll give them some bloom food. I also tightend the ropes on Big Bang up so she's laid out a little more.

Other then the minor nute burn (which isn't much to worry about) I think they look pretty good. I'm still waiting for some pistels to pop, if you look real close it looks like maybe Aroma has some pistels starting. I'm just going to be patient, and try to keep 'em happy!

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom