ChunkyChicken's - Indoor/Soil/Multi-Strain - Grow Journal 2012

ChunkyChicken

420 Member
Howdy:

Strains: 5x Vertigo Autoflower, Delicious - G13 Haze, Barney's Farm - Red Dragon, Barney's Farm - Black Russian, Delicious (ALL FEMINIZED)

Location: Indoor 3x3x5 tent for Veg - 3x3x5 tent for flower - Humidity dome for clones and seeds -- Temps should be relatively consistent, especially with the ventilation and heat produced by the HID's. Winters here keep things pretty cold.

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest - I will be using tap water, which I'll leave out overnight and a PH meter to ensure everything remains kosher.

Nutes: To be determined. Looking for input on brands and when to implement. I've grown with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest outdoors in 5 gallon buckets and the plants thrived. I was just wondering if I could forego the use of nutes in Veg and only use them once they begin flowering since they won't be vegging for long. Any thoughts?

Lighting: 400W MH with dimmable ballast for Veg, 600w HPS with dimmable ballast for Flower. Thinking about purchasing a couple CFL's for the lower portions of the plants once they begin to fill the tents.

Ventilation: 2x 6" 440 CFM inline fans - 6" x 22" carbon filter when needed

This will be my first indoor grow. I grew a Trainwreck and a Rocklock outdoors and had great success. My location is no longer conducive to growing outside hence the indoor grow.

The plan is to grow the 5x Vertigo under 18/6 MH until they're done. The other plants will veg until they reach a good height and will be placed into the flowering tent on 12/12 under the HPS. I also plan on taking cuttings from the non-autoflowering plants so that I will have a new batch ready to harvest every 2 weeks or so.

Thoughts, critiques or any words of advice are welcome, especially with the nutes and cloning regime.

IMG_086914.JPG
IMG_087014.JPG
IMG_086818.JPG

Looks like you're on ur way to a nice grow, G13 Haze is a great strain! :roorrip:

If you're looking for affordable organic nutes, I can recommend to you GeneralOrganics GO box, costs around 35 bucks for a full line up of grow,bloom, and supplemental nutes like CalMag,humic acids, fish emulsion, etc. I had great results with it, and only recently stepped up to RootsOrganics full line up which is esentially the same thing just a little pricier lol.

Day 9:

All the plants broke through and are currently under MH 400w running at 50% on an 18/6 cycle.

Temp range is 61-80
Humidity is averaging 30% with a high of 56%

The plants stretched when they were in the humidity dome because I was away for 4 days and they were under one low watt CFL. They're strengthening up now that I have a fan on them and they're under a better light.

Will post more now that they're growing.
IMG_088119.JPG
IMG_088413.JPG
IMG_08838.JPG
IMG_088213.JPG

The greenish/yellow hue is annoying. All the seedlings are a good healthy green. Also, How far do you think I should have the light from these guys? It's about 2.25 ft now. helps keep the temps by the plants in the high 70's. And at what point do you think I should crank up the wattage to full or at least 3/4 power?

Day 15 from seed:

Just transplanted the Vertigo Autoflowers into 2 gallon prune pot bags and the Red Dragon, G13-Haze and Black Russian into 3 gallon prune pot bags. Gave them a solid watering and cranked the MH to 100%. Another two weeks or so before I take some clones. All plants are healthy and green. They love the FFOF

IMG_08878.JPG
IMG_089110.JPG

G-13 is taking off. Nice n Green
IMG_088811.JPG

Day 36 from seed:

I have taken some cuttings - 3 from the G-13 Haze, and two from the Black Russian and Red Dragon. I took the clones using clonex and rapid rooter cubes inside of a humidity dome that is kept warm by my exhaust setup. I also just started germing a laughing buddha seed.

The autos:

IMG_093510.JPG

Group shot:

IMG_093610.JPG

Vertigo Pistils:

IMG_093917.JPG

IMG_093810.JPG

Day 41 from seed:

I topped the G-13 Haze and Red Dragon. The Red Dragon has some major potential since it's pretty dense and shrubby already. Hoping for a few nice main colas. I am LST'ing the Black Russian just for shits. The autos are freaking out as usual. There are two that seem much more developed, two that are average and one that seems to be falling behind.

Group Shot
IMG_09618.JPG

Vertigo Cola shot
IMG_09599.JPG

Black Russian LST

IMG_095417.JPG
IMG_095513.JPG

G13 Haze topped

IMG_095317.JPG

Red Dragon topped:

IMG_095110.JPG
IMG_095215.JPG

Today is day 50 from seed:

I went home for Christmas last Thursday and gave all plants a healthy watering. I returned today due to bad weather and found that many of the plants have some yellowing leaves and are wilting. The soil was super dry so I mixed up a half recipe of Earth Juice Catalyst/Microblast/Grow/Bloom mix and gave them a solid watering (This will be their first real nute bath - using FFOF as medium). The three big plants will be starting flowering as soon as they perk up. I'll post some pictures soon.

Back
Top Bottom