ChunkyChunder's First Solo Grow

Not much to report today. Had to raise the light a little as they are getting BIGGER!

On the subject of size, here is a pic of Gladys (on the left) and Kali. As you can see, Gladys is still the largest plant:

2013-03-05_09_20_29.jpg

Also thought I'd include a pic of my little hydro-experiment. This is Luath:

2013-03-05_09_20_00.jpg

Have a good day y'all :ciao:

Morning chunky =)

Listen mate, about raising your light...i see a large variation in plant sizes there my friend and want to offer some advice because from that last photo i can see a pressing need to make a change that will directly affect how much bud you get.

i STRONGLY reccomend bending the tallest plants. in an ideal world, as many of the bud sites as possible for the entire crop should be an equal distance from the light.

rather than raising your light for the sake of the tallest plant, your goal should be to lower the light for the smallest plant and insist that your bigger ones comply ;)

here are a few example pictures.

the top picture shows an anchor point and an aggresive bend. the second shot shows a gentle bend method.

i reccomend using the anchor (removes stress on the roots) and the gentle bend =)

anyway thats my advice for what its worth...would hate to see your ounce count down for the sake of a few bits of string =)

GEDC000517.JPG
GEDC000615.JPG

Unfortunately, there is limited space in the tent to bend them properly. Tried to do it last time and finished up inadvertently supercropping. Although this worked out ok in the end, I'd rather not try it again just yet! The two smaller plants were injured when I threw my toys out of the pram (almost literally). At one time I thought they might have to be dumped altogether, so anything that comes off them is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I told SA a while ago that I just want to get this grow over and start a new one and try and do the best job I can. I've found out the hard way that these things don't like flying, and definitely don't like landing. :straightface:

I can't - I'm scared! :trance:

I can't - I'm scared! :trance:

I feel like coming over and bloody well doing it for you but you know i aint gonna. Get the job done CC, come on. ;) Go gentle...but firm, squeeze at the same time as twisting the stem over, you know the score. You only gonna snap it completely if your too rough and quick.

Will do. Gonna vacuum today :yikes: so will clean up tent while I'm at it.

May try supercropping. Watch this space for pics.

Will do. Gonna vacuum today :yikes: so will clean up tent while I'm at it.

May try supercropping. Watch this space for pics.

Excellent. You know it makes sense. :peace: Super crop = more yield in this case due to light benefits as Giga pointed out.

But won't it delay things by a week or so?

haha im looking forward to your future grows...stick with us mate, we will soon be having you attacking the plants with a chainsaw to optimise yields :rofl:

naw just kidding, but you will feel more confident in the future about bending them to you will.

inddor growing is very different to out door. ok natures way is always the best way, but its often our interpritation of nature that affects yields. ripping leaves off and snapping branches is counter intuitive until you realise that as with humans (like ripping muscle fibers to make muscles bigger) adversity breeds strength =)

Thanks for the pics. Still thinking about it. Might give it a go later. :slide:

My latest gadget. This scary-looking implement should make life easier on feeding days.

Clipboard0123.jpg

:loopy:

nice gadget, lol looks like it could be used for a diy enema :rofl:

do you mix in a big vat and then water out of that?

lets say im mixing 30 litres and im using a 3 part feed system. i will take 3x 2L bottles and almost fill them from that 30l, then i inject my nutes 1 to a bottle and shake them up. THEN i will mix them into the master rez. this help a LOT to preserve the integrity of certain nute types that react badly when mixed together in high enough consentrations...just a little food for thought.

and since were on thought food, i think you might find this page amusing and interesting =)

Cannabis Facts

My latest gadget. This scary-looking implement should make life easier on feeding days.

Clipboard0123.jpg

:loopy:

I measure out most of the water, add nutes one at time, give it all a good stir with a big stick and then top up the water with a final stir. The measuring cup I was using was not that accurate and a bit messy pouring out of bottles. I'm hoping it'll now be less messy and more accurate.

I have also measured how much liquid is held in the pipe - 2ml. So for 10ml I only need to go up to the 8ml mark.

Back
Top Bottom