My First Hydro Grow

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone :).

So I'm looking to convert over to full hydro, if tried soil and coco and don't seem to be getting the results I want, well I say I'm not but I don't feel I'm getting the benefit out of each strain and I'm told growing in hydro will benefit me with yield as well as overall well being of the plants with less problems.

So my plan is too get the advice and help from each of you that have tried and tested and hopefully help me have the best setup.

I don't plan on popping any seeds until the back end of September early October so this gives me enough time too setup with the equipment I need.

My first tent was a debate over buying a new one or using what I have due to me lacking money of any kind so I already have a 90x60x90 tent that I'm planning on using, but with a twist, I plan to sit the tent on top of the hydro setup with a small hole in the tent floor so at least the canopy will be around 15-20cm from floor to canopy leaving me with a good 60-70cm in light space.

I'm using my Mars Hydro 720 LED for veg then I plan to run a 250/400w hps in a cool tube, I am in need of a 4" filter so time will tell on which brand I go for.

I plan on using Mother Pukka Nutrients and House and Garden for the roots.

As for strains in very undecided but I am thinking of Northern Lights as I know it's a great yielding strain plus it works great for my medical side but if anyone else has any great strains that are high yielding with an indica dominance of be greatly appreciated.

So I was thinking of using a custom made bubbler pot using a 20-40L bucket or buying a bubbler pot setup, dwc is something in not quite up to scratch with being my first time, so if anyone has any diagrams of setups for just the 1 pot that would be great.

So if noticed people use clay pebbles but is there anything else I can use instead as the smaller bag I can find is 10L and that's just too many balls for me ;) so if there's a substitute please tell me :).

My plan is to scrog the plant and hopefully yield 10oz from this space, huge I know but growing is always better when there is a target :).

So here is the setup, the support braces will be all made up from new steel and im also planning on adding co2 with a 3L bottle, im also installing air con of sorts under too so when you look at this it will look like a wardrobe everything will be hidden away, i have a sheet of mesh to use and install for the canopy.

So the canopy i plan on growing in will be quite tight at 150mm high from the floor of tent then when i switch to flower i should get a stretch of around 150-200mm from Northern Lights leaving me with a rough height of 400-450mm from bud sites to cool tube, i will be running a 400w hps so i can go to 12" above the canopy if i wanted.

I hope this drawing helps people understand my plan now :).

Go down the octopot path mate.. home made will be cheap enough as you see in my journal they can work. Also if your wanting to run multiple pots you can have all the resevoirs feeding off a tank with a full circulatory setup.. You fill the tank the tank does the rest..

People are getting no end of results with them.

10g+ nuggs..

Taken a look at them but I want to try a hydro setup and try steer away from soils as I seem to always end up with a mess lol.

Think I'm going try one of these 19L oxy pots then when in completed my first one I will then do a 10 pot setup, I am thinking of creating 2.5x2.5ft scroggs a I've each plant so then I can at least move them around.

Yh I hate the mess from soil. But. Once you've loaded the pot up honestly you don't touch the soil again till the end... and you can use other mediums don't have to be soil.. can be coco mix as. You cntuse Rockwool but I. Sure there's other to use. And the benefits are just stupid to not be try in to throw one in the mix.

Hydro is 100% cleaner though. Just a shed more chems

Back
Top Bottom