Cloning with fog - Fool-proof way to clone with a 100% success rate

Thats the way it is brother, by making mistakes we get experience. The things get easier, hopefully. The funnel idea sounds interesting. Why dont you start a journal, I will follow it for sure!

I'd love to start a journal so I could look back and see a timeline of my progress and finished results, and plus I feel reserved in offering suggestions here without proof that I know what I'm talking about. Maybe in the next few months if time doesn't become a huge constraint I'll do a fun-run with a couple bag seeds I've stumbled across in the last few months

Oops, didn't mean to submit that last one yet!

This is a good example of "more than one way ..."

This manner of cloning won't work for me, as I clone three to five hundred at a time - and several thousands through out the "clone season" from December to August.........................Then I get the question ... "So, doing it this away is wrong?" No, not necessarily. Try it and see how it works for YOU, whatever "it" is.

Just as there are many paths to heaven, there are also multiple paths to success with this amazing plant. And, they truly are amazing. Never cease to amaze me. When I work in my garden for a few hours I leave so relaxed and balanced. I don't even have to consume them to benefit from them.

~ Auggie ~

I'd love to be in a position where I was cloning that many at a time! I have a friend who doesn't seem to understand the "more than one way to skin a cat" approach to life and responds in a similar way to just about every piece of input you could offer, incidentally I got him started with a clone and a couple seeds not long ago but he's coming along and so are his girls. And I couldn't agree more about the calming effects, sometimes I just lay on the floor on my phone or play with the cats with the cabinet doors open after I'm done tending to them just to be down there longer

This must have happened almost overnight, just took a peek under the lid a few days ago and could swear there was nothing protruding off of the stems. Took 2 weeks but 4/7 went into cups today, one other one had a few nubs so it'll sit in the bath for a bit longer. All in all I'm pretty excited about this method of cloning!

20151013_155427.jpg

Oh, wow that is awesome Brody!!! Now you can clone easily. Thank you very much for sharing that and reps+ for posting pictures!

Edit: Im glad you did not have problems with the size of the holes. Did you know you can prune the tip of the roots to induce ramification? That way you get stronger root mass.

Thanks! I've heard of doing something to the roots for better growth but never really retained the information, figured at the time it was some next level grower trick so I dismissed it until you reminded me. Maybe I should have chopped a piece, that root was stubborn to gently wind down into the coco! They all look pretty good this morning after yesterday's transplant, no drooping or anything to indicate they don't like their new apartments. TheRoach, you'll definitely be responsible for the big dumb grins I'll see when handing over clones to the friends asking for them

Yes, if you prune the tips when they are short you end up with a shorter, very ramified, root ball. I am glad you were able to transplant without shock. Also remember there is no need to prune the tip of the leaves; the clones will not dehydrate because of the fog.
I am glad you built the propagator, you will see how things are easier for you now. I hope you and your friends enjoy!

Check out the "bud washing" thread in the harvest/curing area, that's the mother of the plant that donated all the cuttings to the fogger. My first coco harvest with the strain and also the first time it's smelled so badly of Vicks inhalers during flower which freaked me out at first because I thought it smelled moldy at 4 weeks, but after looking it up seems to be somewhat sought after. We'll see in a month or so!

@TheRoach, I think I got the precedure down pretty good. Now it comes to some final questions:

1. Any nutrients in the fog tank? If so, what %.

2. You mentioned to just leave alone for two weeks, I do some traveling, so I may not be able to check them that often. Is this a 24/7 thing? does the water evaporate rapidly needing to add often?

3. How about lighting? also 24/7?

@TheRoach, I think I got the precedure down pretty good. Now it comes to some final questions:

1. Any nutrients in the fog tank? If so, what %.

2. You mentioned to just leave alone for two weeks, I do some traveling, so I may not be able to check them that often. Is this a 24/7 thing? does the water evaporate rapidly needing to add often?

3. How about lighting? also 24/7?

1- No nutrients, if you find the cuttings needing in nutrition use a light foliar feed.
2- There is no need to refill because the fog does not leak from the unit, it is on 24 hr a day, and you can keep it like that for a month or so.
3- I use 24/7 lighting because I dont have a timer for the clones, but you can do 18/6 if you have a timer for your lights

Super, thanks. In deed, very easy. I should be into this in about 5-6 weeks since my seedlings are babies at this time.I already ordered the plugs and fogger.

A million thanks TheRoach!

Ok TheRoach.
you got me off my ass and I built a fog/mister clone box. Built it last week and within 45 minutes it was up and running. I did use Clonex and a little B-12 in the water. No trimming leaf tips, no humidity dome, no mold and a heck of a lot quicker.

Here's some picts,

20151020_151245.jpg

20151020_151350.jpg

20151020_151344.jpg

20151017_232804.jpg

20151017_232812.jpg

Day 5

20151020_151400.jpg

20151020_151420.jpg

Thanks for your thread.

This is my 1000 post! skunkpilot, that is a sweet propagator! Im glad this thread has been of help to you!
Reps+ for the pictures, that is some solid rooting.

Thank you very much for stopping by Fuzzy, we are honored to have you here.

Well i got to get out of FAQ's once in awhile :high-five:

Took a little look around about these fog units & seen stuff for fountains even for reptile pet keeping, i'm all up for new ideas !

Thank you for posting this. Made a smaller unit with a 3.5gal bucket and amazon mister under $25 total investment, 4 spot - 100% success after 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom