Color Of Smoke

CaliSmoke

The smoke of my marijuana ( I grew ) seems awfully white compared to what I've bought over the years.
In addition, it's a little harsh tasting and it doesn't really have that "smell"...if you know what I mean.
Any thoughts?

Definitely has been very hit and miss for a decent cure on medical lately. I’ve had anywhere from powder dry with no smell to way too wet in the container, thinking the demand is way greater then the supply and there rushing it out the door, which is a shame for top shelf prices

For the best flavor and smoothness you need to slow dry at 68⁰ or less and 60% humidity for about 7-14 days depending on bud size and density.
Then properly cure.
Won't get the true taste of the bud until at least 9 months cure.
But it should taste pretty decent in just a few weeks.

Also doesn't hurt to grow organic.

In addition, it's a little harsh tasting and it doesn't really have that "smell"...if you know what I mean.
Any thoughts?
Pretty much what has been mentioned so far; the cure went wrong or was done wrong. Then, it is very possible that the weed was not properly dried or that the cure was not finished.

As @Nunyabiz mentions "Won't get the true taste of the bud until at least 9 months cure." It is surprising how after several months the taste and that smell you are looking for starts to come back big time.

Poke around here on the message board and you will find messages and photos from members who are smoking weed that has been cured for up to two years.

For the best flavor and smoothness you need to slow dry at 68⁰ or less and 60% humidity for about 7-14 days depending on bud size and density.
Then properly cure.
Won't get the true taste of the bud until at least 9 months cure.
But it should taste pretty decent in just a few weeks.

Also doesn't hurt to grow organic.
Niice it took me like 10 years of growing before I had any weed that was 9 months old in the can. :D
:passitleft:

I've got 1 oz Blueberry, 1 oz Honey Peach, and most of an oz of Blue Gelato #41 that are all over 2 years cured.
All still very sticky, super smooth smoke, great flavor.
This Blue Gelato is sublime.

20211116_133009.jpg

it's harder to keep stuff around if you are med focused and supplying others.
the oldest i have is a yr now. have some cbd that is easily 2 yrs but i don't really count that lol

Ok...I'll keep it jarred up for a while...maybe in the frig?

it won't hurt. get a 62% boveda pack and huck it in the jar.
it helps if you have cheap little hygrometer. make sure the rh stays about that level and seal it up for a bit.

don't let it get above or you risk mold and a total loss

Back
Top Bottom