Colorful Sunset Sherbet Clones DWC

@GoogleGenie Thank you for the kind words, we truly appreciate it :thanks:

I will definitely have to say hey next time we're admiring your garden. I was showing the misses your set up the other night telling her i hope to get ours looking like yours here soon. Glad to have you along for the ride :passitleft:
Michael everything you have done to move and set up again must be infuriating but you have done a amazing job and looks sharp and clean. It’ll be worth it on harvest day. Now let’s see these rockets of yours take off.

Michael everything you have done to move and set up again must be infuriating but you have done a amazing job and looks sharp and clean. It’ll be worth it on harvest day. Now let’s see these rockets of yours take off.
Hey @Bill284 Thanks man! Any other year i probably would have been pissed about having all of these issues. But, This year i made a commitment to myself and my family to make lemonade out of every single sour little lemon life throws my way. I truly believe there is ALWAYS a silver lining to everything. Just a matter of how willing a person is to see it.

The silver lining here being that drain line running through the wall. How could i have forgotten about it when i was cleaning this room out for the tent. OH well, no more schlepping a second hose into the closet to drain, then you get a bubble or 2 in the 25' hose and the siphon stops sucking, and so on. You get a feeling for the pains in the ass that was. every, single, time.

No more of that nonsense :yahoo: Just one hose that lives probably 8ft away and a drain line tied right into a gutter downspout for the ultimate stealth water evacuation route.

And hey, even if the chiller isn't here today. We've been graced with cooler weather not even needing to ice bottle for hopefully the next few days. Maybe the positive vibes finally cut us some slack, who knows. But i'm diggin it :Rasta:

Hey @Bill284 Thanks man! Any other year i probably would have been pissed about having all of these issues. But, This year i made a commitment to myself and my family to make lemonade out of every single sour little lemon life throws my way. I truly believe there is ALWAYS a silver lining to everything. Just a matter of how willing a person is to see it.

The silver lining here being that drain line running through the wall. How could i have forgotten about it when i was cleaning this room out for the tent. OH well, no more schlepping a second hose into the closet to drain, then you get a bubble or 2 in the 25' hose and the siphon stops sucking, and so on. You get a feeling for the pains in the ass that was. every, single, time.

No more of that nonsense :yahoo: Just one hose that lives probably 8ft away and a drain line tied right into a gutter downspout for the ultimate stealth water evacuation route.

And hey, even if the chiller isn't here today. We've been graced with cooler weather not even needing to ice bottle for hopefully the next few days. Maybe the positive vibes finally cut us some slack, who knows. But i'm diggin it :Rasta:
As long as your temps don't drop like Texas. I agree on the positive attitude.
If you walk around with a rain cloud over your head you'll always be feken wet.
Stay safe and put that great setup to its full use. We can all have some fun my friend.

As long as your temps don't drop like Texas. I agree on the positive attitude.
If you walk around with a rain cloud over your head you'll always be feken wet.
Stay safe and put that great setup to its full use. We can all have some fun my friend.
Couldn't agree more man. Too many rain clouds these days. We’re making it work with what we have and as long as progress is made, no matter how small, its a win. And we live further south than Texas, if we see temps like that, i’ll truly believe hell has officially frozen over.

On that note, my chiller has not arrived and likely wont be here until Monday next week. Also, all the spells and incantations in the world, couldn't bring my meter back from the dead. Of course replacement probes are out of stock and so were the cheaper ph only meters. So its back to the old liquid test kit until i figure something out. Such is life :meditate:

Couldn't agree more man. Too many rain clouds these days. We’re making it work with what we have and as long as progress is made, no matter how small, its a win. And we live further south than Texas, if we see temps like that, i’ll truly believe hell has officially frozen over.

On that note, my chiller has not arrived and likely wont be here until Monday next week. Also, all the spells and incantations in the world, couldn't bring my meter back from the dead. Of course replacement probes are out of stock and so were the cheaper ph only meters. So its back to the old liquid test kit until i figure something out. Such is life :meditate:
My ph meter went wonky on the other day. Feked everything up for a few days till I figured out is was my ph pen. Fek $135 for new one. But im screwed without it. But 2 years use, sometimes a few times a day isn't bad right. Got to look on bright side.
Keep that sun shining my friend :Namaste:

My ph meter went wonky on the other day. Feked everything up for a few days till I figured out is was my ph pen. Fek $135 for new one. But im screwed without it. But 2 years use, sometimes a few times a day isn't bad right. Got to look on bright side.
Man 2 years. I got about 10 months out of mine haha. Thankfully i got us one with a replaceable probe so a new probe for $30 beats the hell out of a whole new meter. I couldn't recommend it enough man. This sun will always shine, you do the same! :meditate:

Man 2 years. I got about 10 months out of mine haha. Thankfully i got us one with a replaceable probe so a new probe for $30 beats the hell out of a whole new meter. I couldn't recommend it enough man. This sun will always shine, you do the same! :meditate:
Replaceable probe what is this magic you speak of?

Oh shit me to actually bro. I got 3 years out of my probe (the TDS/EC still works but the PH stopped working ) Should of lasted for 4 to 8 years (like most reviews says) but I wasn't storing it in proper storage solution and never cleaned it with their cleaning solution so thats on me.

I run the milwauke 3 in 1 probe. (Thing is a fucking beast. 1 probe. 3 uses.
My new probe just arrived. Cost me 100 bucks cdn to replace. I love it. Went with this over blue lab strictly for the reviews.
Thats American price below its about 220cdn for the whole shebang.

Screenshot_20210221-043531_Chrome.jpg

Replaceable probe what is this magic you speak of?
Haha its an HM Digital multi function meter. I think the com-300. I gotta get an eta on the new probe or buy another meter. Picked up a cheap ph pen thats getting us by right now. But not having the ppm is kind of a pain.
Oh shit me to actually bro. I got 3 years out of my probe (the TDS/EC still works but the PH stopped working ) Should of lasted for 4 to 8 years (like most reviews says) but I wasn't storing it in proper storage solution and never cleaned it with their cleaning solution so thats on me.

I run the milwauke 3 in 1 probe. (Thing is a fucking beast. 1 probe. 3 uses.
My new probe just arrived. Cost me 100 bucks cdn to replace. I love it. Went with this over blue lab strictly for the reviews.
Thats American price below its about 220cdn for the whole shebang.

Screenshot_20210221-043531_Chrome.jpg
I’ve considered that meter actually. I like their power tools if its the same Milwaukee. Also considering a continuous monitor with the hopes of adding a ph doser down the road. Would love to automate as much as possible. :hookah:

Haha its an HM Digital multi function meter. I think the com-300. I gotta get an eta on the new probe or buy another meter. Picked up a cheap ph pen thats getting us by right now. But not having the ppm is kind of a pain.

I’ve considered that meter actually. I like their power tools if its the same Milwaukee. Also considering a continuous monitor with the hopes of adding a ph doser down the road. Would love to automate as much as possible. :hookah:
Really nice looking setup. Super clean

Time for a little update. Got the new filter mounted. Its awesome. Fill ups, top offs, clean outs. Between the drain and this i’m loving this new setup.

Decided to upgrade the feed pump to a 550gph. The 400 i had on there will run the chiller, Whenever that thing decides to show up. Also Insulated the res with some of that mylar bubble wrap and a big ol piece of pink foam on the lid. This should help the chiller keep things consistent.

Last but not least, the ladies were topped and a net will be added this week. Gearing up for the switch to flower. :yahoo:

No pics of the girls. They look kind of sad anyways. I post some in a day or so when they bounce back. Thats all folks! Have a great night :bongrip:

Looking good Mike
Thanks man :thanks:

I think the ladies are finally starting to pick up pace. Clearly we figured something out.
A787BDF3-B9B1-4753-B494-8B1E240957A8.jpeg

F9E34A41-FE16-486D-8879-91864960F414.jpeg

these two started to get purple leaves from a cold snap we had last week and being on the side of the tent with the open mesh vent. Rotated the bigger two to that side the other night to let the smaller two warm up a bit. Flowering should be fun with a dedicated ac and some “purpinator” :yummy:

Made a few changes in the tent tonight. Added a second air pump and an air stone to each bucket. This should help keep the roots healthy :yummy:

We also finally upgraded the exhaust to an AC Infinity T6. Got the controller set up and what an improvement. Gone are the days of waking up to finding it warmer than the day before and having to run out and crank the exhaust up.

My chiller also still hasn’t arrived at the shop yet. So we’re still dumping ice bottles in the tank throughout the day. Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Its about time for a water change so that would be great :yahoo:

ABF7DCD5-5124-408A-AF96-BA09A52053DE.jpeg
B099E6B8-2082-42C6-809B-7CC1A68CD3D7.jpeg
3641E088-5F41-4B38-87E0-7A1B679E735F.jpeg

Thanks for those who stopped by for a read through my ramblings. Have a great night everyone! :thanks::passitleft:

12 hours into running the new AC Infinity fan and our canopy temps never rose above 77.5*F and below 76.5*F. It definitely speeds up and slows down quite a bit to maintain this temp range. Something i did not think about at all. But otherwise it is a life saver :yahoo:

If anyone is sitting on the fence about a fan with temperature control, go ahead and hop on down. The grass is cool on your toes over here ;):yummy:

Just caught up on your current journal. GREAT setup. Love the attention to detail. What's the story with the edges of those leaves looking a bit yellow? Is that just the light?

12 hours into running the new AC Infinity fan and our canopy temps never rose above 77.5*F and below 76.5*F. It definitely speeds up and slows down quite a bit to maintain this temp range. Something i did not think about at all. But otherwise it is a life saver :yahoo:

If anyone is sitting on the fence about a fan with temperature control, go ahead and hop on down. The grass is cool on your toes over here ;):yummy:
I have two of those AC Infinitys. Amazing fan. I didn't go for the external controller, just the 8 speed adjustable thingie. But that gives you PLENTY of options, you just have to pay closer attention as outside conditions change to keep it the same way. That automated controller appears to make it easier, yes?

Hey @Jon Glad to have you along man :passitleft:

Just caught up on your current journal. GREAT setup. Love the attention to detail. What's the story with the edges of those leaves looking a bit yellow? Is that just the light?

The leaves yellowing was from a cold snap we had down here last week. When this plant (I say this because these are all clones from the same mother) gets cold the leaves lighten up a bit before they turn purple. One side of the tent got much colder than the other for a day or two and it stunted 2 of them and turned some of their leaves purple, the other two didn't get as cold so the process had only started before warming back up. You can see the purple in the second photo of post #54

I have two of those AC Infinitys. Amazing fan. I didn't go for the external controller, just the 8 speed adjustable thingie. But that gives you PLENTY of options, you just have to pay closer attention as outside conditions change to keep it the same way. That automated controller appears to make it easier, yes?

I saw they offered both but coming from a manual controller already, i was looking to go a little more automated with the next one. It really is easy. Once you figure out exactly how the programmer works. i do switch it over to manual mode when the light turns off. Otherwise the thermostat shuts the fan off completely and i lose our filter. Win some, lose some. ;)

Hey @Jon Glad to have you along man :passitleft:

The leaves yellowing was from a cold snap we had down here last week. When this plant (I say this because these are all clones from the same mother) gets cold the leaves lighten up a bit before they turn purple. One side of the tent got much colder than the other for a day or two and it stunted 2 of them and turned some of their leaves purple, the other two didn't get as cold so the process had only started before warming back up. You can see the purple in the second photo of post #54

I saw they offered both but coming from a manual controller already, i was looking to go a little more automated with the next one. It really is easy. Once you figure out exactly how the programmer works. i do switch it over to manual mode when the light turns off. Otherwise the thermostat shuts the fan off completely and i lose our filter. Win some, lose some. ;)
Nice. Yeah I've read about how colder temps help color develop like that. Good. Glad it's not something worse. That's easy and it appears from your current growth and nodes that you have that issue behind you. Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom