Commercial Producer Question

Ruy Lopez

420 Member
I'm in Canada. I've 100 acres of certified organic land that hasn't been cultivated for anything for over 50 years but it' in the middle of farm country and half cleared of major trees et.

I've talked to various consultants about growing cannabis in any form - industrial, etc and the cost BEFORE even applying for a licence seems to be 1.5-3 million which is ridiculous and impossible. Say 2M to try to "maybe" even get a licence?

Micro-grow licences exist but since legalization the gov has apparently issued one to someone in BC and that's all.

I'd like to seriously consider slowly turning the land into a full fledged farm for whatever business use but to date, everything I've found makes it cost prohibitive.

Any thoughts?

Do u understand the cost of farming 10acres of anything let alone 50???

It says yer 18 in your profile...

At this point I'd try and look at a realistic plan for your future

One option is leasing the land

Either way, good luck

Ha! I wish I was 18 again.

Yeah the cost is a massive factor but with potential returns investors are a possibility.

It seems the main hurdle is regulatory.

Ha! I wish I was 18 again.

Yeah the cost is a massive factor but with potential returns investors are a possibility.

Maybe edit yer profile , or remove the age, can do it in preferences

Says yer 18, not gunna get a lot of help, on the huge commercial idea, if peeps think yer just 18

OK I guess but it's all online anyway so anyone could be anyone they say. Nature of the net beast.

If it helps I was an adult before basically anyone at all had cell phones and remember when the net was young.

What I have read sounds more like a Wall than a Hurdle in Canada ;)....here in Oregon they gave a license to anyone that paid the fee and met the requirements, which caused a glut in the market and prices crashed to where most aren't making much if any money on it (last numbers I saw legal grows grew 4x what was sold the previous year, so it's a mess), which will continue until a bunch go out of business unfortunately....but everybody and their brother thinks they can jump in and make "big money", and that not always the case. Depending on local as to the extremes of it, Canada a bit far North for "ideal conditions" for growing Cannabis, as even I'm a bit too far north in Oregon to not be fighting the weather towards the end of an outdoor grow (southern part of OR and Northern CA more ideal conditions, but weather can still always be).

Commercial farming is not cheap. Accept that fact.

Additionally most people ended up here to avoid buying commercially produced marijuana so I'm not sure how much help you'll find here for that scale. My advice, hire a local Cannabis consultant. They'll be able to tell you what you do and don't need based on your location.

Back
Top Bottom