Cooking with The Chronic

Awesome! How’s the high?
Meh.... :rolleyes:
I think if I sat and ate a few, they would knock me down a bit but I picked at them 1 by 1 yesterday. I ate 3 over about 4 hours. If I were to guess, I would say they remind me of a 5-10mg edible from the dispensary. I'm gonna eat a good handful today to find out. LoL

-P:ganjamon:

Really wanted to see what these gummies got, so I kept eating them in 15 min increments until I was baked. :yummy:

Magic number is 4... lol
:thumb:
Hopefully I'm not :drool:in an hour. LoL

Keep em green y'all

-P

Report on the gummies...
They're pretty damn good. Texture was off at first but seems to have gotten better as they have sat out at room temp the last 2 days. Taste great and not oily like I was expecting.
High settled in nicely after about 15-20 minutes. Lasted pretty strong for about an hour. Body buzz for another hour or so after that.
Not at all what I expected though... no sativa like buzz at all; straight heavy eyelids and jello body. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
I have eaten a good dozen or so over the last few days. They seem to be pretty well balanced for potency. I had an issue with that on my last batch of cookies. Some strong, some not... That was the main reason I wanted to try oil as the carrier this time instead of butter and double the time on heat during the infusing process. Worked great!
:thumb:
Thanks for everyone's input. Makes things much easier with the knowledge base around this place.

Love the 420 fam!
:passitleft:

Can it really be the corn syrup that makes them hang together at room temps or did I not use enough plain gelatin? Mine won't live 20 minutes out of the fridge :rolleyes:. My wife brought them to a sick friend and they were liquid by the time she got there.
It is! I used 1/4 cup in my recipe... most I've seen use 1-2 tbsp.
I picked that up from some pinterest mom's video. I picked a bit from every suggestion and made a Frankenstein of recipes. Worked for me this time. LoL

It is! I used 1/4 cup in my recipe... most I've seen use 1-2 tbsp.
I picked that up from some pinterest mom's video. I picked a bit from every suggestion and made a Frankenstein of recipes. Worked for me this time. LoL
From what I understand, "sugars" are the secret of candy makers perfect gummy... pretty vague huh? I took that as a suggestion to try upping that corn syrup (I almost tried simple syrup instead) maybe next run.

From what I understand, "sugars" are the secret of candy makers perfect gummy... pretty vague huh? I took that as a suggestion to try upping that corn syrup (I almost tried simple syrup instead) maybe next run.
I didn't use any because "someone" said corn syrup could be left out. I didn't have any so I didn't use any. I still have a lot left so I can melt and reformulate though!

I didn't use any because "someone" said corn syrup could be left out. I didn't have any so I didn't use any. I still have a lot left so I can melt and reformulate though!
I think I ended up around 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, and 1/4 cup syrup... I was more looking at overall volume of my liquids equaling out to around what the recipe called for. I figured any variation in these would be fine as long as I wasnt going excessively "wet" with the mix. Complete shot-in-the-dark but it worked out. I'm gonna keep trying to better it.

Another tip I found was to dust the molds with corn starch so they never stick. I didnt have any with this batch but intend on trying with the next batch.
I'll have a legit recipe formulated by the time I work through the trim off my next harvest.
I'll definitely share it with everyone!
....if I figure it out. Pretty confident though, I know my way around the kitchen. It's just a matter of applying some "theories" followed with a bunch of trial & error.
-P:ganjamon:

Thanks Preston! Next time I will completely reformulate based on your findings :thanks:.

In the meantime, they gotta get eaten straight from the fridge :).
Presentation dont mean shit! LoL... if them suckers work.... they work! LoL

I'd eat a bowl of slimey ass gummies while they melted in front of me if they were legit. LoL Smiling the whole time like I created some new, bomb ass desert. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did question the process after doing it though. Wondering why I even bother with the gummies/cookies/brownies if I could just pump my carrier oil right into capsules.
I'm taking these gummies as a personal challenge now, so there will be more to come. But... I also see myself making capsules on the regular from now on.

Ate about a half dozen gummies this morning. 3 here, 3 there.... yup...
download.png

7g can be infused into 1/2 cup of oil. Then the recipe is as follows

Mix 2 packets of Knox gelatin to 1/2 cup of cold water, mix well then add 2 boxes of your favourite flavour of jello, mix well. Stir in your 1/4 c of infused oil (evoo or avacado oil) then ad to heat (low). Now add a tablespoon of clear corn syrup and stir until it’s warm and mixed well. The oil will stay separate until it heats up for a few minutes. That’s how you know it’s mixed. Then I pour into molds. Bam
Here @Itibitiguy

Lots of info here as well with variations to my recipe:) Let us know how it goes

I just ordered 100$ in molds from the zon

Legos with guys
Gummy worms
Boring squares in diff sizes for my patients!
Weed leafs!!!

So cool

Guess who inherits some of my old ones;)
I love the lego molds! I plan on picking some up soon... now that I know i can successfully make a batch.

I should be ready to run another batch in a week or 2.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom