Cooking with The Chronic

I use fan leaf oil for good health and it gets me high! Just ask a few of my friends that have tried it;) @NaturalSpirit @Troy01 Not sure who else I converted:D

Yes i did make leafoil with avocado. thanks to you that got me to try it. never tought a fanoil could be so potent!

The taste of avocado is insane to:yahoo:

Time for another run... going to be making some gummies. @newty hope you're "available for questioning" lol

20180821_072647.jpg
20180821_072441.jpg
20180821_072118.jpg
20180821_072724.jpg

I'm using the last of the so-called "buds" from Baggy, and all the popcorn from the Amnesia Haze. Just a bit over 7g.
:passitleft:

7g can be infused into 1/2 cup of oil. Then the recipe is as follows

Mix 2 packets of Knox gelatin to 1/2 cup of cold water, mix well then add 2 boxes of your favourite flavour of jello, mix well. Stir in your 1/4 c of infused oil (evoo or avacado oil) then ad to heat (low). Now add a tablespoon of clear corn syrup and stir until it’s warm and mixed well. The oil will stay separate until it heats up for a few minutes. That’s how you know it’s mixed. Then I pour into molds. Bam

One last watering and a couple days to dry a bit and then I'm harvesting my two plants. I'm going to try making canna butter for the first time. May hit you guys up when I do. Like for example. Can I use cast iron? Or does it need to be stainless steel?

Mix 2 packets of Knox gelatin to 1/2 cup of cold water, mix well then add 2 boxes of your favourite flavour of jello, mix well. Stir in your 1/4 c of infused oil (evoo or avacado oil) then ad to heat (low). Now add a tablespoon of clear corn syrup and stir until it’s warm and mixed well. The oil will stay separate until it heats up for a few minutes. That’s how you know it’s mixed. Then I pour into molds. Bam
Boom-shaka-laka!
LoL

Shit's going down today. Wish y'all lived next door to try em when I'm done

So... maybe it's just in my roots, sweet home Chicago, but I'm fairly certain the process to infuse olive oil is very similar to cooking crack-rock. LoL
I'm gonna give it a go this run...

Step #1: decarb herb
Step #2: bring large pot of water to boil
20180821_081728.jpg

Step #3: add an insert of sorts to keep jar off bottom of pan. (I'm using an extra silicon mold)
Step #4: reduce heat to a low setting (180-220)
Step #5: add decarbed herb and oil in a large Mason jar and set in the crack-cooker.

Step #6: stir mixture regularly throughout infusion.
Step #7: strain

I'm gonna let this batch go for 2 hours, but I've heard of people infusing for much longer.

Gonna give it a rip right now... Let ya know if I fuck something up!

Looks great! MB2 says an hour at 180 is infused. I like to do 2-4. @InTheShed does like 8-12. It’s all personal preference after an hour I guess. I do the extra time to account for tempatute variations:)
Appreciate ya! I'm gonna add another hour to the process. My last batch of butter wasn't as good as I would have liked.. it only went an hour. This is a tiny batch, so I'd expect 2 hours will be just right

Refrigerate? Mine started setting up quick, but not sure if refrigerator will help the process...

Looks great! MB2 says an hour at 180 is infused. I like to do 2-4. @InTheShed does like 8-12. It’s all personal preference after an hour I guess. I do the extra time to account for tempatute variations:)
Looks limey to me! Those molds look a lot less fiddly than the actual little gummy bear ones I bought.

In oil I'm an 8 hour guy, but with the butter on Sunday night I did 4. The MB2 says 2 hours for butter so I doubled it :). I'll be delivering the cookies tonight and at some point I'll post up the process. Busy and distracted...sorry :rolleyes:.

Nice job!! Refrigerate yes! Or freezer:) sorry I’m late lol
They set up in like 15 min when I put em in the fridge. They all popped out of the molds clean and have been out at room temp since. No sign of meltiness... yet
I think they will do fine. They taste great but are a little tough. Maybe I'll back off the gelatine like 15% next run. I was moving so fast as I mixed it up, I may have screwed something up. LoL

But, they do the job!
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom