Cooking with The Chronic

I grew out some CBD Therapy by CBD Crew. Amazing plant, long tight colas, dense as all get out... smoke it, eat it, dont matter. Even keel on the attitude, just chill. Not stoney at all, no high. Not sure bout the topicals.

Thanks for the tip Agemon. If my Cannatonic doesn't work out I will definitely give that a try. :thumb:

Thanks for the tip Agemon. If my Cannatonic doesn't work out I will definitely give that a try. :thumb:

First and only CBD ive ever grown. I will grow more. Ive also heard good things about candida. So many seeds... I got them from Seedsman.

First and only CBD ive ever grown. I will grow more. Ive also heard good things about candida. So many seeds... I got them from Seedsman.

Thanks again Agemon for the tip. I have written the name down in a file and will try it out if my Cannatonic doesn't work out or may grow some anyway to see if it's better.

I'm pretty sure I've come across some Cannatonic users so when I find them I'll dig up some info for you. Oh, and the CBD Dutch Treat is sativa dominant, so you may be sensitive to those.

I really don’t want to smoke.
That's why I recommended blending the oils for capsules. As long as you have an idea of the THC and CBD % in each strain the spreadsheet can tell you how much of each to use for the ratio you want.

I'm pretty sure I've come across some Cannatonic users so when I find them I'll dig up some info for you. Oh, and the CBD Dutch Treat is sativa dominant, so you may be sensitive to those.

That's why I recommended blending the oils for capsules. As long as you have an idea of the THC and CBD % in each strain the spreadsheet can tell you how much of each to use for the ratio you want.

If you do find some Cannatonic users I would appreciate any information you can dig up but please don’t go out of your way because I really don’t think CBD or not is the issue because I feel exactly the same weather I take that CBD strain or Northern Lights. I think taking THC in oil form orally just has a completely different effect on me than smoking it. So what I am really curious about is if anybody else has a completely different high whether they smoke or ingest cannabis and if ingesting makes them feel anxious?

I don't want to get too deep into the weeds of cannabis science here but the terpenes in the plant will also be part of the effect it has. It's possible that the Northern Lights has some of the more anxiety-producing ones like pinene.

I honestly don’t think it is that complicated and due to things like terpenes because I smoke chronically for years decades ago and I always got the same type of pleasant high and I must’ve smoked hundreds of varieties of weed and never once felt like I feel every time I take oil whether it is my catatonic or my northern lights.

I really think it is ingesting and not any slight dissimilarity among strains. Either that or the plants just aren’t ready yet but they are looking pretty cloudy so I doubt that but maybe once it turns amber it will be different who knows. But I am seriously starting to think that taking oil orally just doesn’t feel right to me.

There is no question that eating and smoking will result in two different highs, as one is processed first pass by the liver.
The Scientific Explanation for Why Edibles Get You So High

To save your lungs you might try vaping using a dry herb vape which vaporizes the buds rather than burning them. Easier on the lungs.

Yes, I have read that eating extracts produces 11-hydroxy-THC from being metabolized in your liver and I am afraid that is my problem that it affects me completely different than the THC that comes from smoking it.

I really don’t want to get into vaping either. They say it might be pretty much harmless but the jury’s out because there’s been no long-term studies and I know I really damaged my lungs from smoking weed chronically for about 15 years and working in steel mills and such. It’s really a shame but I don’t think I’m going to be able to get high after all this growing, LOL. Oh well, these things happen in life.

Yes, I have read that eating extracts produces 11-hydroxy-THC from being metabolized in your liver and I am afraid that is my problem that it affects me completely different than the THC that comes from smoking it.

I really don’t want to get into vaping either. They say it might be pretty much harmless but the jury’s out because there’s been no long-term studies and I know I really damaged my lungs from smoking weed chronically for about 15 years and working in steel mills and such. It’s really a shame but I don’t think I’m going to be able to get high after all this growing, LOL. Oh well, these things happen in life.
Vaping comes in two categories and the one you might be reading about uses cartridges containing chemicals besides the plant products. The science is definitely still out on that. I meant a dry herb vape which just uses the buds off the plant.

I posted just before you so scroll up a bit and read the link on the difference between edibles and smoking. A dry herb vape might be just the ticket for you.

I went back and read that article and I actually had just read that a couple days ago because I have been researching this topic. The article doesn’t really say what the difference in feeling is of the two highs just that they are different and goes more into the chemical analysis of why but what it did say is, “edibles can give you a much stronger “couch-locking” body high that lasts longer”.

And that is the part that is strange because I don’t feel couch locked at all from oil instead I feel stimulated like I’m antsy in that I have to get up and shake the anxiety off by jumping around. It’s really an uncomfortable agitated feeling that I don’t like which is exactly the opposite of how weed smoked used to make me feel so it’s really strange it is so different.

Vaping comes in two categories and the one you might be reading about uses cartridges containing chemicals besides the plant products. The science is definitely still out on that. I meant a dry herb vape which just uses the buds off the plant.

Oh, I have never heard of dry herb vape. I will do some research. Thanks.

It is quite a mystery to me why it feels so completely different for me to smoke cannabis as opposed to take it by oil because I have spent the last couple days searching the Internet for people who say it is different for them and eating it makes them feel anxious and I haven’t found anybody that says that.

There’s lots of articles about the chemistry and how the body metabolizes the THC when you eat it but none of them talk about how the high feels different and I find none that say that eating it makes them feel anxious so I don’t know why it does me and that’s why I posted in this forum because I know everyone here is cooking and eating with so I really curious if anybody else in this cooking thread finds that too.

I don't want to get too deep into the weeds of cannabis science here but the terpenes in the plant will also be part of the effect it has. It's possible that the Northern Lights has some of the more anxiety-producing ones like pinene.

I hope you’re wrong about the Northern Lights. I gotta couple goin and im hoping for some good good herbage...

I hope you’re wrong about the Northern Lights. I gotta couple goin and im hoping for some good good herbage...

I wouldn't worry about the Northern Lights because it is an old standard instead I think the problem is I am making oil out of it and not smoking it.

Another good place to ask that question is here:
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

I'm sure SweetSue and the rest of the oil crew will have some input.

Also, incoming PM.

I appreciate the link Shed. I will post there for sure but it is pretty late here so I am getting to bed now. Again thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom