Could this be the result of being root bound?

Iguana Man

28 day old plant in a 1-2qt pot (6" across). Just topped for manifolding. I checked to see if she was ready for up-potting and I'm fairly certain what I saw is considered "root bound". The entire bottom 2/3 of the dirt was white from roots so I've already up-potted into a 5 gal. Sorry. No pic of the roots as my hands were full. :)

My question is, could this yellowing, cupping and discoloration of the leaves be a result of being root bound? I know it looks like a possible N or Cal deficiency but I've been adding CaliMagic, FloraMicro and FloraGrow to the last two waterings.

Soil if HF with additional perlite only.

RootsBound_.jpg

RootBound_.jpg

Maybe a little transplant shock combined with the new nute filled soil. Does look like needs calmag though. I'd go easy on the feedings for a bit and see if it clears up

Without knowing your feeding, it is hard to tell what it is.
I do NOT think it is from being rootbound, 'N', or 'Ca'. If anything, I'd say it looks most like 'Mg', if it is a deficiency.
Try a little Epsom watered into the soil.

Without knowing your feeding, it is hard to tell what it is.
I do NOT think it is from being rootbound, 'N', or 'Ca'. If anything, I'd say it looks most like 'Mg', if it is a deficiency.
Try a little Epsom watered into the soil.

Major to the rescue again. :)

Feedings thus far are just two with CaliMagic, FloraGrow & Micro @ 1/2 strength. Both times was around a cup to a cup and a half ph corrected water with said nutes. Although the second time I did add a smidgen more CaliMagic. Previous waterings were nute-free.

Took your advice and just picked up some Epsom Salts. Added 1/2 tsp to around a quart of water, then ph'ed it and fed it to her. And having typed that I am just this second realizing that should have been a 1/2 TBS, not tsp based on what I read real quick before I left!

Oh well. Should I add more epsom-water again or do you think that will suffice for now?

Since you've been giving CaliMagic, that probably rules out the Mg deficiency. I'd skip adding more and "wait and see".

It's getting worse. I may have to bail on this grow. :(

I'm really confused on why it's so damn hard using just perlite and well known soil to get a healthy plant. I waited 3 weeks before administering nutes, which I did at half strength, like nearly everyone says. Same seeds from my first grow. Same setup, light, yadda-yadda. The only differences between this grow and my first is no coco this time and I'm using MG Perlite instead of the no-name brand first used. Temps and humidity are a little lower but this strain is supposed to be hearty and easy to grow per supplier.

Ay Caramba!!

:)

I know this is a couple weeks old but that looks like 2 things. Could be calmag or likely ph imbalance

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I forgot to update this thread. She's fine now and really starting to look good given the abuse she's taken thus far. I'm fairly certain it was a Cal/Mag deficiency. Between the CaliMagic I gave her and some epsom salts (suggested by Major), she's back on track. I'll update my journal on her shortly. :)

Back
Top Bottom