Is this root bound?

baxbax

hi 420 , this plant is about 2 month , it was growing big but recently I noticed new growth is growing small and I suspect it may be root bound but not sure its 7 gallon pot , I have a 25 gall pot and not sure it's time to transplant it to 25 gall pot or no ? could this plant is root bound ? runoff is 6.9

older leaves turning yellow like this and new growing leaves are smaller then older leaves . but they should be bigger then older ones

After giving it a thorough watering, how long does it take before it needs re-watering?

If you find you're having to water every day, it's likely rootbound. That being said, it's unlikely a 2-month old plant would be rootbound in a 7 gallon container, so it's probably not your issue. If lower leaves are yellowing, it's likely a N deficiency and you just need to up the grow nutes.

Also, a 6.9 runoff is a little high so you may want to add a little soil acidifier to lower soil PH (or PH down the nute solution), but I don't believe that's the issue.

:Namaste:

K

Hello buddy!

For it only been a small plant the likely chance of that being root bound is very slim, wait till the plant is around 4 feet tall and about 3 foot wide then there probably root bound, i think you maby all safe buddy.

unfortunately the soil became too compact and its hard to have 20 % runoff at every watering and I can't wait to re pot it. I always feed at very low dosage to avoid salt build up due to evaporation , I should mention they are in very hot and dry climate and very windy place . could this effect root ball growth ? and the story of root bound etc ...

In all honesty buddy they wont be root bound for along time yet, i run 15 & 20L pots and it takes me atleast 6 weeks to get a nice root mass and thats running 3 different root enhancers, @Cultivator is the best person to talk about root mass and pot bound ect, he is the king of roots, he will probablies tell you the same.

I wouldnt of really thought the compaction would be at all different to what its like in the soil out outdoors.

The likely reason for your yellowing leaves is that are is not getting enough light and the plant starts to drain the leaf as a food base, iv got 4 plants in flower at the moment thats got a fair few, i should of lolly popped them to ensure zero foliage where light couldnt hit.

Hi I would transplant to the final pot and give her another blast of nutes and water then give it a good 2-3days and watch for improvement.

Feed it more nitrogen as stated earlier. Fix your Ph. Remove huge fan leafs from bottom of plant as well as any leafs not getting light.

Over time, if a leaf gets so big the plant is wasting energy keeping that leaf alive, more energy than that leaf is supplying (atleast that's what I've read a few times)

If your plants aren't getting light at the bottom, the plant kills them off by taking all the stored nutrients in the leaf. This happens to older bottom shaded leafs so it takes time. They turn yellow and eventually fall off.

Regarding nitrogen deficiency, I believe it effects from the bottom, up. This can be caused from pH problems. You want your water runoff to be 6.5 or so. What pH is your water into the plant? I forget at what pH it locks out nitrogen, you might be fine for nitrogen even at 6.9 and if that's the case, that means your yellowing is caused from either
A: shaded leafs
Or
B: lack of nitrogen. Simply upping your nitrogen nutes will solve the issue

Feed it more nitrogen as stated earlier. Fix your Ph. Remove huge fan leafs from bottom of plant as well as any leafs not getting light.

Over time, if a leaf gets so big the plant is wasting energy keeping that leaf alive, more energy than that leaf is supplying (atleast that's what I've read a few times)

If your plants aren't getting light at the bottom, the plant kills them off by taking all the stored nutrients in the leaf. This happens to older bottom shaded leafs so it takes time. They turn yellow and eventually fall off.

Regarding nitrogen deficiency, I believe it effects from the bottom, up. This can be caused from pH problems. You want your water runoff to be 6.5 or so. What pH is your water into the plant? I forget at what pH it locks out nitrogen, you might be fine for nitrogen even at 6.9 and if that's the case, that means your yellowing is caused from either
A: shaded leafs
Or
B: lack of nitrogen. Simply upping your nitrogen nutes will solve the issue

I transplanted it to 25 gallon pot , It takes about 140 L of soil to fill this pot and it become so huge (unexpected)

Back
Top Bottom