Current Culture: Undercurrent 4 New Grow Journal

Some of your plants don't look great, but you got some nice bud in there pal
That’s an understatement! I was embarrassed to take the pic on the right side of the closet, but I figured it might help someone else with the same problem. This is what plants look like when you ignore them for ten days, evap half your water, and let everything get out of control. Rule of thumb: don’t lol

Now that I’m about 2 grow weeks from chop, been thinking about my next strain. Generally takes me about three weeks to be ready for Veg from seed, so I figure 2 more weeks of grow, 1 week of hang and the SLH will be in jars for cure and I’m on to my next grow journal, hopefully lessons learned! Thinking about popping these lovely ladies next…
image.jpg

Hopefully get one worth holding on to outta these!

Best of luck on the beans! I love Barney's Farm but only ran their pineapple express auto so far. It was amazing all around in my opinion. Really want to get back into some good beans. Hopefully my round pops up and cheers me up. Happy Friday!

SLH seems to love to branch out - I don’t think I have found her max yet, she LOVES to be topped. I’ll bet it’s a prime candidate - BUT I don’t SCROG. Tried it once and got lazy halfway through then got frustrated trying to untangle everything at harvest. One drawback is she also loves to stretch, so you have to plan the net accordingly.
See and responses like these are why I am on here, I appreciate the realness approach to your info and suggestions lol I will remember this...

Now that I’m about 2 grow weeks from chop, been thinking about my next strain. Generally takes me about three weeks to be ready for Veg from seed, so I figure 2 more weeks of grow, 1 week of hang and the SLH will be in jars for cure and I’m on to my next grow journal, hopefully lessons learned! Thinking about popping these lovely ladies next…
image.jpg

Hopefully get one worth holding on to outta these!
Mate of mine does C99 (related I think) but he doesn't flush or rinse or cure properly so it's not great
Looked at C99 but see reports of overstretch which I can't deal with
Does Wedding Cake grow nice and compact?

Mate of mine does C99 (related I think) but he doesn't flush or rinse or cure properly so it's not great
Looked at C99 but see reports of overstretch which I can't deal with
Does Wedding Cake grow nice and compact?
I haven’t grown this bunch out yet - hoping not? It’s 80% indica, so I wouldn’t expect much of anything more than maybe double at worst? Then when I grow out the 5 seeds I have I’ll hold onto the best smoke/grow/least PITA pheno of the bunch and abuse her for years. I’m hoping for pure bushy tho…

I haven’t grown this bunch out yet - hoping not? It’s 80% indica, so I wouldn’t expect much of anything more than maybe double at worst? Then when I grow out the 5 seeds I have I’ll hold onto the best smoke/grow/least PITA pheno of the bunch and abuse her for years. I’m hoping for pure bushy tho…
Should be a bush at 80% Indy, surely

Girls look like they are ready to chop on Sunday - I missed pics yesterday and they are going to be in the dark for a few days before harvest. I’m not flushing FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER due to IntheShed’s powers of persuasion (thanks to everyone on this site involved in that debate), and this is the first time I’ve tried the dark before cut. Here goes nothing….

Girls look like they are ready to chop on Sunday - I missed pics yesterday and they are going to be in the dark for a few days before harvest. I’m not flushing FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER due to IntheShed’s powers of persuasion (thanks to everyone on this site involved in that debate), and this is the first time I’ve tried the dark before cut. Here goes nothing….
Crunch time - good luck with whatever method you adopt

I've done the feed till chop. Works just as good, it's all in the dry and cure!

Congratulations on making it to trim Jail! Seriously it's a great feeling to make it to the finish line each time (for me anyways).

I've never done dark before cut either. I heard 48 hours? Lmk how it goes...

I've done the feed till chop. Works just as good, it's all in the dry and cure!

Congratulations on making it to trim Jail! Seriously it's a great feeling to make it to the finish line each time (for me anyways).
I don't flush flush. I just give them straight water for 2 weeks...idk, hasn't hurt my girls in the end any. Like you said, all about the dry and cure

Well, chop jail has been survived.

Lessons learned: 3 week Veg. Period. If I want to be able to interact with my plants, and I lost way too much to light congestion this time. And a trellis is mandatory next run lol.

Couldn’t resist drying out a few of the beheading victims that inevitably occur during a wet trim, of course tasted like ass on a Summer afternoon, but mostly just wanted to check potency. Wasn’t disappointed at all. One pheno brings strong sativa properties, the other indica.

Wet wet felt a little light than I was expecting, but lost a lot of growth of the rear plants pinned in the back of the closet. Volume ‘looks’ close to at least 1g/watt, but don’t think I got to 1.2g/watt because of LARF tax which was caused by my general not being here when I needed to be.

72 hours of dark: I’ve worked with this strain forever, and anecdotally I can say it certainly increased resin on the buds. Used to frequent glove changes and utensil wipes, but this was ridiculous. I’ll have to do a side-by sometime, but I would definitely say ‘more’ firmly.

F5C5D131-9F37-4FD5-A34D-0123660F38A1.jpeg

Typical cola pulled and she had plenty!

ED63311A-0FC4-4391-92A9-B85ABC1B23E4.jpeg

You can see I was having a penetration problem by the color variance going down the colas. A lil more room next time - just because she tops well and CAN, doesn’t mean you SHOULD lol.

8B759DD0-776A-412C-84E0-9B40B45FD83E.jpeg

Gonna dry in the tent - neighbors confronted us with some questions, so trying not to make eye contact with them for another week or so. The smell WAS coming from my house, ma’am lol.

243195CA-7CE2-4889-A2F0-1D866A44BFF6.jpeg

This is what was left of Frankenplant. Literally grew lollipopped. Never touched it outside of topping it once. Unreal. Almost no yield, but it was cute to watch.

F053C868-914E-456C-A63A-502E2FA91669.jpeg

And then this rolled out in the floor and was looking at me. I’m not an omen guy, but is my hydroton trying to tell me something?!?

I’ll post in with closing thoughts when they go in jars!

Congratulations on your harvest and surviving trim jail!

Ouch! Sounds like it might be time to swap out your carbon filter, or upsize :rofl:
Ironically I threw my intake fan in backwards, so I’ve basically been force-feeding the neighborhood unfiltered full-flower stank for the entire flower. It’s flipped now, and I will look at ALL arrows on blowers from now on lol. Did I mention I’m a moron when I’m putting together something new?!? I get all excited and stuff - it’s probably a actual disorder lol

Ironically I threw my intake fan in backwards, so I’ve basically been force-feeding the neighborhood unfiltered full-flower stank for the entire flower. It’s flipped now, and I will look at ALL arrows on blowers from now on lol. Did I mention I’m a moron when I’m putting together something new?!? I get all excited and stuff - it’s probably a actual disorder lol
Damn I just choked on my coffee :rofl: :rofl:

No wonder they were asking :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

Damn I just choked on my coffee :rofl: :rofl:

No wonder they were asking :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.
They walked between my house and the neighbors and have been secretly betting for the last month…whose house is producing that smell? Harvest left zero doubt - it’s amazing how fast our noses tune it out. Plus I LIKE the smell - I’d make candles if anyone would buy them

Back
Top Bottom