DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

i'm thinking of doing this strain soon... i love kush anything and i was also checking out critical mass because of my idol grower Heath Robinson and i came across this... critical kush! how glorius... by barneys farm

Yep...
IMG_18756.jpg

IMG_18706.jpg

IMG_18718.jpg

IMG_18846.jpg

IMG_18837.jpg

IMG_18736.jpg

IMG_18726.jpg

IMG_186411.jpg

IMG_18549.jpg

IMG_18792.jpg

IMG_186311.jpg

Hoping someone would help guide me through my current mess... I popped 6 white russian fem's (ss) on Oct.28. I used the paper towel method but just barely allowed the tap root to pop.. them I dropped them in 1.5 inch rockwool. They broke surface on the 31st, roughly. I had the rockwool in a tray with no lid, on top of hydroton for a few days and as soon as the first tap root broke out the bottom I put them in a started RDWC that I made. I started using 200ppm Aqua Flakes a&b from the start.. Hand watering. Everything was going pretty sweet until I started seeing deficiencies in the fastest plants (largest with roots in the water). All the babies are showing problems.. They biggest 3 with roots in the water show it and the 3 without roots in the water are stunted... I bumped my nutes up to 300ppm at 500 conversion.. er, closer to .4 EC but no change. It spread to the new growth.
My water temps are 70-73... air temps 75-80.. I got 4 T5HO's with reflectors over them on 24/0 about 5 inches away. When I bumped up my EC I also added drip Algen Extract and had been using 2ml of drip clean from the start of the rDWC.. The container hold 25 gallons of water.

Wow.... I should proof read. I forgot to say that I have a 340gph air pump with 2 12" air stones bubling on the bottom as well as a Danner7, 700gph recirculating pump going... Pulls in one side and into the other, with a home made venturi on the outlet side pushing air in as well..

Sorry for the hastle man... I panicked. Have a look when you got time. Sorry to dump this in the middle of your journal... If you want just go to problems and it's labelled White Russians 12 days old Problems.. no worries. I feel like a douche.

too many nutes!!!!! way too early for that kinda power buddy! I don't even give nutes for at least 2 weeks at 3 week old some seedlings don't even want the nutes still. You must gradually start the feed I give my clones at about .05 EC at week 2-3 and go up by .05. backing off the nutes at this point is what you needa do those are lil babies gotta be gentle.

hope this helps

yeah alot of times people will think that over feeding is deficiencies. I'm not at home right now but I'll send you a link its a giant pictorial of all kinds of plant problems and how to fix them because sometimes things are hard to diagnose without experience. generally by rule of thumb 2 weeks is the minimum before giving nutes. that brown burnt looking leaves and tips of the leaves is 9/10 times over feeding. water down your solution and they'll be ok

Hey DK could you send me the same pictorial, would love to have something like that on my hard drive, I am addicted to collecting knowledge. Do you think there is a chance that the plants are lacking some Mag.? I do agree that there getting too much too soon. Hey thats how we learn. Also way to go on your DIY setup FreshGrass

Thanks AZ... I've been reading a lot and following quite a few grow journals for the last 6 months and decided on this route thanks to a collective of information from this site.... I'll be following you guys on your journals, hope you don't mind.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

^---- same here. i learned how to grow from 420mag

so, az, i just again want to big up you for showing me the defoliation technique. i am gonna get another 1k as now i can get the lights closer and have maximum bud coverage. it makes so much sense, remember when i was talking earlier about those nice stout plants that i was trying to get?...now i understand so anyways thanks dude.

this is day 67 the start of week 10. i'm going to most likely start flushing in 5-7 days. hopefully by then the added light coverage from the defoliation will let those nugs plump up.

photo_1197.JPG

photo_2166.JPG

photo_3127.JPG

photo_4101.JPG

nice look'n nugs... have you looked at the 3" net pots lately? All they bent out of shape or are they holding the root no prob? Seem to be holding the plants up well.

they are good. the only thing I've seen is they stretch toward the light and the cups tip a little but it's nothing really... I will be adding more light do that doesn't happen next time.

yeah it's the most legit method that's probably the only training I will do from now on

Back
Top Bottom