DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

p.s i wanted to stir up some discussion about flushing... i've always done dwc and i have never flushed more than 5 days. i think all the theories on flushing in dwc for 10 days are bogus along with the flush additives like clearex and stuff. has anyone else noticed a different phenomenon? i have been steady feeding at like 1 EC which is considerably lower than any feed i have done in the past so i can't imagine that it would take more than 3 days to suck a plant dry. also...i've developed a little hypothesis that i want to test and you guys tell me if you think it's dumb... once i start the flush, i want to remove all vegetation from the plant so that it sucks whatever nutrients are stored in the buds out. if there is no leaves on the plant, wouldn't the only thing left to flush be the buds?

Wish I could be more help, but I'm following you guys to learn. I have read in multiple places that flushing in hydro is not really important and will just prematurly stop your plants progress... You got good drying/cure methods?

I'm using House and Garden; Aqua flakes A&B as well as most of thier regime.. also Bioag's fulpower, fulvic acid but the point is they have no flush schedule on thier feed chart?

yeah house and garden is good shit brother. that's probably the only thing I would use other than canna which is what I always use. but yeah I agree with prematurely stopping growth 100% which is prolly why I'm against flushing... fattier buds is always the priority right... idk if it's this strain or my system but I just grew some amnesia in bubblers and I was feeding at 2.4 EC and they were begging for more... every situation is different I guess

Yep... that's about where I'm at with it too. With the H&G, I will be using the shooting powder which will at least drop my nitrogen way down... considering I'll be going to half EC before adding it. You could do the same with a PK booster. Drop your A&B to half and bring the EC up with PK? Does that make sense?
I'll be awhile before I get there... I have 6 SS White Russian Fem's that will be mom's, they're about a week old now. The cuts are going in a flooded tube, stadium with 2 600 HPS's. The mom's are kept in a rDWC 6 site, single bin with a venturi pump right now but will be going into a larger rDWC set up when it makes sense.
I like the low maintenance of these suckers....

I can't help ya bro as my 1st attempt at RDWC is still in the works. I usually flush out my plants that are in coco for a week. I was pissed when my ex-partner decided on his own to give the NYCD a feeding 2 days before we cut it down just cause he thought it would add more weight. If only he would have asked? Maybe he'd still have a job lol.
It taste like nutrients to be honest

Hey guys... sorry DK for getting off topic, but can I ask you guys a question? My Tri-Meter has been reading 200ppm @ 500 conversion and my Blue Lab Truncheon was reading less.... I calibrated my Tri-Meter with 1000ppm solution and found that it was reading less than it actually was by a bit. (my solution was reading 200ppm and after calibration was reading 240ppm) Now that the Tri-Meter is calibrated it reads the solution obviously at 1000ppm but my Truncheon is reading it at 900ppm.
They are both new... I'm stumped.
I used fresh clibritaion solution to calibrate both meters, so no chance of dilution. Not sure which one to believe, though I'm leaning toward the Tri-Meter considering it can be calibrated.
Any help is appreciated!

DK... why don't you flush some plants for 3 days and leave at least one other for 5 to 7 and cure the buds with as close to the same methods as possible. See what the nugs taste like and try to note any differences if there are any in burnability. Just choose the plant that is less ready to go to leave longer....
Someone posted a good cure technique here that limits variables.. I'll see if I can find it.
I would be real interested in the differences.... if any.

yea I'm open to any and all knowledge that's how we do this shit right... as far as your meter dilemma that's a hard one to diagnose I would first check the manuals for the Pens and make sure you're using the correct calibration solution and also it can be affected by using different brand solution than the pen brand... if that's correct try calibrating away from electronic ballasts as I've heard that some can interfere with pens but that's mostly for pH pens not tds. blue lab makes good testing stuff I also had a truncheon but I have since moved to the hm digital pens and haven't had a problem so far other than having to replace the probe on the ph one after about a year. oddly enough though they should work good all the time... I feel your frustration though been there done that. let me know if you figure it out

My T5 ballasts totally nuke my Nutra Dip tri-meter tds readings.... I have to shut the lights off to take a reading. It's only a temp set up for moms now so the rez, lights and everything else is too close.. will change it soon. Good point on the calibration solution.... I think different brands use different salt types to gauge EC.. going to have to do a little research. You the man. Thanks.
I think you're going to kick ass with that set up once you get it totally dialed in. Should be able to grow some big trees with big wieght.. I'll be looking forward to watching the progress.

yeah if that's messing it up you could switch up ballasts I know that mine has interference blocking technology so if that's in your price range then it's a possibility... I'm all about ease of maintenance so I feel your pain. Ty tho I'm probably gonna do another journal here but with 2000 watts so should be legit next go around. got 6 vegging now for 3 weeks, with some pruning this time

Sounds good DK on the 2nd light, Im getting ready to clean the SH&t out of my XXXL Magnum and hang it in the tent, I plan on hanging one of the 84X2's (LED) over one module and see if there is much of a difference between the LED and a fresh HPS. I called the power company here and found out that between 11pm and 11 am power is almost 3x's cheaper than if I run it during the day. It's looking like the ladies will be "Night Owls"
Hey FreshGrass can you call the testing meters tech. support and talk it over with there tech.'s?

Yep, AZ, I may do that. I still haven't done any reseach on how the 2 meters test for EC and am just relying on the Tri-Meter for now but will feel alot more confident once I get it figured out. You going to start a journal?

az ive been researching defoliation in depth and i'm totally into it bro. i've done it once to my vegging plants and they are growing so nice now. i also read that you can do it moderately throughout flower to get light to all the bud sites. this would be extremely beneficial to my setup with the bare bulbs so that light can get to the back sides of the plants that are not facing the light. thank you so much man i'm eternally grateful for this technique.

Back
Top Bottom