Day 24 auto, dropping leaves: new leaves at most

noobstar

420 Member
Hello all,
This is my first grow, fastbuds autoflower gorilla glue at day 24. Growing in 7L pot and I have been feeding her with Advanced N Sensibloomb A+B 1ml/L in past 10 days. I water her every two days with 200-250ML water. I am trying to water when top is completely dry and its a little dry when my finger is 1inch deep. I am on 300w led and keep lights off between 00:00-04:00. They were looking just fine yesterday but when I woke up little bit early this morning at 06:00 they were droppy especially top leaves. It was her water day so I thought its due to underwater (although soil in 1 inch deep felt not that dry) I watered her like 2 hours ago and now she looks even more droopy ... Baby leaves on top looks like they completely dropped, 90degree slope. Temperature is around 23celc. when lights are off and 28celc during day. She was completely fine until today and I have changed nothing. Took the light little higher (it was 40cm above from top of the plant now @ 50cm) but she was like this since 06:00 am so cant be due to high temp as she looked ok previous days at 28celc and its now around 26celc. Humidity is usually around 40-65.
I have an intake fan (120mm computer fan) and proper exhaust fan with carbon filter on it.
Soil: Biobizz light-mix

Looking forward to your help
thx alot

Attachments

• day23 auto gorilla.jpeg
    day23 auto gorilla.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 121
Hey man, thx for the reply. It was droopy before I fed her. Maybe she does it thoughout the day @ early morning all the time and this is the first time I observed her like this coz I dont usually observe her @ 06:00 am in the morning. One thought; since the pot is 7L and I water her every two days with 250ml, can it be water not reaching bottom of the pot where some of the roots are? Maybe I should water her less often but 500ml or more at once

they sleep too , just before lights out they start to droop :)
, 250ml is not good in soil , you are just wetting the top and the bottom roots are drying out , you need to let dry until the pot reminds you of a kettle you think there is water in but its empty , so you lift it easier than you thought (that type of lightness) , then water until its soaked through, then let dry again out again, In coco you water all the time keeping it wet

also every two days is no good let it dry so the pot is light to lift then water , then let it dry again until its light to lift , them pots are terrible to water in, hard to get a good flow when its bone dry , you nearly have to dip the pot in a tub to get it wet right through
what to now then? Since I watered today shall I water it more and wait like 5 days to rewater or wait till tomorow and then water it good? I will be gone this thursday and be back sunday so I want to be able to water her this thursday again before I leave? Maybe more water today and next session on thursday before I leave... idk I am confused and I dont want to overwater her. I also have a blumat that I can use (will be my first time using it tho) when I am away

I just watered it with 300ml more, now water spills out of the pot from bottom so It is fully watered for sure. I will wait until next thursday to water it. I hope I am not owerwatered it.

I find myself disagreeing with some of what has been said here about watering. You ARE doing it all wrong, and your watering method IS what is causing your droop.

You are making decisions for the plant that are best left up to the plant and your container of soil.. not you. For instance, you have decided how much water your plants need per watering... 200-250 ml. Who told you this was the correct amount? Guessing is not an option here.

Next, you have decided for the plant, the frequency of your watering... every 2 days. Again, this is not how to properly do this, and your test of the soil moisture by sticking your finger in the top of the soil tells you absolutely nothing about what is happening at the bottom of the container, where the most important tap/feeder roots reside.

First, let me explain that you can not overwater a plant by filling the soil up with too much water. When you water you need to do it with gusto, totally saturating your soil until that container of soil can not absorb even one more drop, and anything added will simply run off, out of the bottom. You can not overwater a plant by giving too much water in one session... you can only overwater by watering too often. You are NOT saturating your soil, so there is always going to be some area in that container that is too dry, and because you come along too often to water, some areas are too wet.

Here is what is happening. Because you are watering so often, the plants are never able to drain all of the water that is sitting in the bottom of the container, because even though you are not saturating the soil when you water, what you do give, quickly because of gravity, falls to the bottom of the pot. The top spreader roots get a momentary benefit from that water as the water falls through the first 3 or 4 inches of soil, but it quickly drops to the bottom so those top roots are not getting benefit. When you see your plants perk up for a while after a watering, this is what is happening.

The problem is that because of your frequent additions to the water sitting in the bottom of the container, your soil never really dries out down there. The roots in the bottom of the container think that they are in a flood situation because of it, and they have had to protect themselves until the flood waters go away. They have encased themselves in a protective coating, and while they are in defense mode, they can not uptake water or nutrients like normal... and the plant can not develop the water pressure necessary in the trunk to be able to lift up the leaves to the light.... you have an almost constant droop.

The solution to this is to stop watering so often and learn about how to establish and monitor your wet/dry cycle, so as to build roots, not send them into protective mode. When the plant dries out all the way to the bottom, that pool of water down there acts like a diaphragm, pulling oxygen deep down into the soil from the top. It is that oxygen each cycle, that re-energizes the roots down there and keeps them in full production.

Also, by monitoring this wet/dry cycle you can get a flawless idea as to exactly when it is time to uppot. A plant just starting out and yours with damaged roots, can not drain that container very fast. It is common for a plant to take 5-7 days to totally drain a container at first, so that the container becomes so light you cannot discern ANY water weight in there by lifting it. It should feel as light as a feather and it will seem as dry as the Sahara Desert before it is time to water, but you must be patient, and wait till the container is dry, before you water again. Every time you bring the plant to this stage, it responds by sending out more roots, trying to find the last bit of water in that soil. If you want the plant to grow roots, you have to give it a reason to do so. A plant that is being coddled and watered every couple of days, does not have to work very hard to get what it needs, and it becomes lazy. The only way to grow a strong weed is to be a little cruel to it, forcing it to do what is needed.

You are an overwaterer, and worse, you are a stick your finger in the ground waterer... and both are problems when it comes to growing a weed properly. I have written a series of articles that explain the proper watering process... you should read them. The links to both articles are in my signature lines, just below. Please read them and adjust your methods more toward growing weeds, rather than using methods one would use in the vegetable garden outside.

I find myself disagreeing with some of what has been said here about watering. You ARE doing it all wrong, and your watering method IS what is causing your droop.

You are making decisions for the plant that are best left up to the plant and your container of soil.. not you. For instance, you have decided how much water your plants need per watering... 200-250 ml. Who told you this was the correct amount? Guessing is not an option here.

Next, you have decided for the plant, the frequency of your watering... every 2 days. Again, this is not how to properly do this, and your test of the soil moisture by sticking your finger in the top of the soil tells you absolutely nothing about what is happening at the bottom of the container, where the most important tap/feeder roots reside.

First, let me explain that you can not overwater a plant by filling the soil up with too much water. When you water you need to do it with gusto, totally saturating your soil until that container of soil can not absorb even one more drop, and anything added will simply run off, out of the bottom. You can not overwater a plant by giving too much water in one session... you can only overwater by watering too often. You are NOT saturating your soil, so there is always going to be some area in that container that is too dry, and because you come along too often to water, some areas are too wet.

Here is what is happening. Because you are watering so often, the plants are never able to drain all of the water that is sitting in the bottom of the container, because even though you are not saturating the soil when you water, what you do give, quickly because of gravity, falls to the bottom of the pot. The top spreader roots get a momentary benefit from that water as the water falls through the first 3 or 4 inches of soil, but it quickly drops to the bottom so those top roots are not getting benefit. When you see your plants perk up for a while after a watering, this is what is happening.

The problem is that because of your frequent additions to the water sitting in the bottom of the container, your soil never really dries out down there. The roots in the bottom of the container think that they are in a flood situation because of it, and they have had to protect themselves until the flood waters go away. They have encased themselves in a protective coating, and while they are in defense mode, they can not uptake water or nutrients like normal... and the plant can not develop the water pressure necessary in the trunk to be able to lift up the leaves to the light.... you have an almost constant droop.

The solution to this is to stop watering so often and learn about how to establish and monitor your wet/dry cycle, so as to build roots, not send them into protective mode. When the plant dries out all the way to the bottom, that pool of water down there acts like a diaphragm, pulling oxygen deep down into the soil from the top. It is that oxygen each cycle, that re-energizes the roots down there and keeps them in full production.

Also, by monitoring this wet/dry cycle you can get a flawless idea as to exactly when it is time to uppot. A plant just starting out and yours with damaged roots, can not drain that container very fast. It is common for a plant to take 5-7 days to totally drain a container at first, so that the container becomes so light you cannot discern ANY water weight in there by lifting it. It should feel as light as a feather and it will seem as dry as the Sahara Desert before it is time to water, but you must be patient, and wait till the container is dry, before you water again. Every time you bring the plant to this stage, it responds by sending out more roots, trying to find the last bit of water in that soil. If you want the plant to grow roots, you have to give it a reason to do so. A plant that is being coddled and watered every couple of days, does not have to work very hard to get what it needs, and it becomes lazy. The only way to grow a strong weed is to be a little cruel to it, forcing it to do what is needed.

You are an overwaterer, and worse, you are a stick your finger in the ground waterer... and both are problems when it comes to growing a weed properly. I have written a series of articles that explain the proper watering process... you should read them. The links to both articles are in my signature lines, just below. Please read them and adjust your methods more toward growing weeds, rather than using methods one would use in the vegetable garden outside.
No matter how many times I read this, I still find myself guilty of not letting it get dry enough. Thanks for the reminder ☺️

thank you very much. I think I am on right path now. Watering every 4-5 days with 1 liter and before I water I lift the pot and it feels light as feather as you described. I have one more question and would appreciate your help. some fan leaves started to look like this. little lighter small spots on it. bottom of the leaves looks fine tho.

I am giving advanced nutriets sensibloom a+b 1.5ml both per 1L atm.

Attachments

• day28.jpeg
    day28.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 73
was being sarcastic being root bound lol , few people have it in for me today
But i found the ignore function :)

Cannabis plants in smart pots or air pots can't really become root-bound, which is when roots wrap around the edges of the container and “choke” the plant. ... The air from the side helps make sure your plant always has plenty of oxygen so your plants don't get “wet feet.”

yes, you can get rootbound in a cloth container, and you can certainly get to the point where the plant is just starting to feel a little cramped, just enough to have the leaves complain a little bit. Actually being root BOUND is a long ways off and longer because of it being in a smart pot, but it can happen.

Nutty, you have been the king of snark and misinformation this morning... I have had enough too, and with this note it was time to speak up. As you said earlier on another thread, get some accolades behind your name and maybe more readers would take you seriously, but to do that, you are going to have to stop putting out myth, conjecture and contrary opinions and deal more largely in fact.

Back
Top Bottom