Deege420s Automatic Strains In The Garden 2012 Season

yep, dont give up mate, their worth sticking at as they dont need any lighting schedule so ideal for growing along side plants in veg, it gives you something thats fast to finish and easy togrow, i agree the yields seem low, but i got over an oz off this auto bomb plus its a real nice smoke, only problem is im running out, but ive not harvested it the 3rd time yet, not sure whats going on with it, i got crazy leaf growth as if its going back into veg, yet its got buds on it that are getting bigger, trichs are clear, when i harvested it the 2nd time the trichs where cloudy and amber, so ill see how far it can go.

this pyramid seeds auto purple fem is growing really quick, its not that old and its growing quicker than the other autos i did, so ill be putting this one in a bigger pot so i can try and get it to grow bigger, its getting 24-0 from start to finish so i can check if they still flower when they dont get any dark time

i tried my autos under different lighting schedules so they did have some dark time, this time im sticking to a strict 24-0, i also heard they wont flower under 24-0 but ill find out for sure this time round, as for the dark period i got to admit then when i had a power cut a few days back that was off all day, so my plants had no light from 12am till 22pm so 22 hours of dark, now i took pictures the night before when the lights where going off, but when the electric came back on i was shocked at the growth, all my plants grew more in the dark in them 22hours than they grow in a week, its just hard to say whats best, my plants clearly grew a lot more during that dark period than the did with the lights on, this was when they was in flower, did this dark period shock them and make them stretch, i dont know, but i know for a fact i have never seen any of my plants grow that much at all, but they grew a good 2 to 3 inches when the lights where off,

so with the autos are we making the yields small by giving them to much light, its something that needs looking into, is 24-0 the best or is 18-6 the best for autos, with these 2 i got going now ill put them in bigger pots and they will have 24-0 from start to finish, if they dont show sex after 2 or 3 weeks then chances are they wont flower under 24-0 so ill give them 12-12 for a day then go back under 24-0, i think their needs to be more testing done, i need to order 2 or 3 seeds of the same auto and test the lighting schedules, it would be easier to do with autos as well,
now look what you done, you got me buying more seeds and thinking about more experiments, lol.

so ill order 3 seeds in the next few days from the same strain and ill ask herbie if their from the same batch, at least then it should be a fair test, all in the same pots and ill do the following, 24-0, 18-6 and glr, all this will be from start to finish, maybe then we can see whats best, ill do it under a new journal just for autos, ill get the seeds sometime next week possibly and give it a try

i heard and read that autos will stay in veg unless they have some dark period, but does giving them more than 12 hours of light in flower slow down the rate of growth, do they need this dark period to grow, if my plants are anything to go by then the dark period is needed, when that power cut happened and the lights came back on i was so shocked, all of my plants grew more in them 22hours than they did in 2 weeks of growth under 12-12, id say 2 to 3 inches in height but could of even been more than that

Well dark periods are very essential for THC production and conversion. Thats why some people do 24 hours dark for the last couple days indoors before harvest and why we all put it in a dark place for the first few weeks after harvest to cure.

I would imagine if nothing else at the last few weeks youd need to give it some dark to get really quality high potency smoke.

24/7 is definitely the shit for veg though. I doubt its optimal for flowering though.

out of all the lighting schedules i have tried i find that glr makes them grow quicker and the plants more healthy, plus glr keeps the cost of electric down,
glr is
12 hours of light
5.5 hours of dark
1 hour of light
5.5 of dark,
then repeat, i have used this method for the whole of this grow and the results are amazing, it works best with clones, i found seedlings take a couple of weeks to benefit from glr, maybe their not mature enough to enter rapid growth, but they soon pick up after about 2 weeks then they grow like crazy, so im sticking with glr from now on, plus the plants show sex at 2 weeks from seeds which would normally take 4 weeks or more to sex, plus then when you flip to flower they start flowering a lot quicker so it cuts the whole grow time down, i found the plants grow more during the dark period, its as if during the day they take in what they need then at night they stop taking in what they need and focus on growing.

thats ok with reg or fem seeds, but whats best for autos, as autos flower due to age and not lighting schedule does this then mean that 24-0 from start to finish is best or would glr work as well,

we all know that an auto is ruderalis cross with indica and then crossed back again till its a working strain, now rud flower due to age and indica flower due to lighting schedule, so would an auto benefit from glr or 18-6, growers say they grow bigger under 24-0 as they dont need the dark period to flower and can grow longer under 24-0 due to them having no dark period, this time with the 2 autos i have got growing im giving them 24-0 from day 1 till finish, ill order some more autos next week and do some testing, i want to find out if autos prefer 24-0 or 18-6 or will they benefit more from glr,

like i said with my plants in flower i was shocked when i had a power cut and when the lights came back on i noticed they had grown more in them 22 hours of dark then they had grown all week, so they do grow when its dark, i got more growth in the dark than i ever did when the lights where on,

their needs to be some testing doing, its going to take a while to get sorted out, plus different strains will need different things, i think x grew a 4.5oz auto a big bang auto, so i might try that when its back in stock, but i want to find out what lighting schedule is best for autos.

the other question i have is why do plants need a 24 hour day, regular plants need 12 hours of dark to flower, so we know that for sure, but what would happen if we give the plants say 14 hours of light then 12 hours of dark and repeart, would the plants still flower, its not the 12 hours of lights on that makes them flower its the 12 hours of dark, so what would happen if we gave the plants say 14 or 15 hours of light followed by 12 hours of dark, is this something that would work.

i wish i had the money to get loads of equipment and do some long term testing

Interesting idea on the 14/12 or 16/12 kind of cycles. Tests would be the only way to see if it made things better or possibly made things worse.

We know that 24/7 much of the time is a great veg method. Obviously that is unnatural, but it still works nicely. So the 30 hour day type cycles could also work wonderfully. Maybe even a 24 light 12 dark cycle would do wonders. I suppose someone with multiple tents would have to test such things to see if they work.

i agree it would take testing and possible it would take the breeding of some strains to do this, like breed plants to grow under them conditions by lengthening the days slowly, but they do need 12 hours of dark to flower so i just wonder if giving them 14 hours of light followed by 12 hours of dark would produce bigger buds, we give them 12-12 and they flower, so what would happen if we give them 13-12, they would still flower but would the extra hour of light mean bigger buds, or like you said, 24-12, its a bit drastic but would it still stay in flower, if it did then the buds would be huge, if i had the space and money i would test it, its a simple test but if it meant bigger buds due to more light hours then it could make a big difference

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom