Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Re: Stealth Hydroponics Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

yeah i know im high (didnt see your name at first) looks like you got it by a large margin. thanks again. sorry for the confusion

Rose You Talked about adding Veg nutes during Flower.
When did you start them and how much did you use.
My Ladies are under grown a little due to the fact i lost alot of root mass during veg and ran out of veg nutes so i switch at 5 weeks and they needed at least another week or two before i switched but i was hopeing that they
would grow more during flower and their a little slow and very slow drinkers
for 5 plants but their eating any help is always apperciated.

Thanks

Rose You Talked about adding Veg nutes during Flower.
When did you start them and how much did you use.
My Ladies are under grown a little due to the fact i lost alot of root mass during veg and ran out of veg nutes so i switch at 5 weeks and they needed at least another week or two before i switched but i was hopeing that they
would grow more during flower and their a little slow and very slow drinkers
for 5 plants but their eating any help is always apperciated.

Thanks

During Flowering, I removed 1/6 of Flowering Nutes and added 1/6 VEG nutes.

Sure did greena dn boost them up.

what size nutrient bottles should I get for an entire first grow? gallon? quart? liter? 2oz lol?

hi there.

First off: Big fan. I have been studying this forum for a while now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Onto the question. :confused:

I've been slowly acquiring all my gear and I'm currently shopping around for my nutrients. They come in a lot of different sizes apparently. As far as the basic 'grow' and 'flower' go, how much of each would I need for a full grow seed to lung. (Bubblegummer seeds with a "medium" flower length)

Details:
6 plants (hopefully)
DWC w/ drip feed
27 gallon tote
2x4x6 grow space
400w hps
lst/scrog

I have used the search function, but I can't seem to find this fairly simple piece of info :D

Thanks a heap for any information. Also feel free to recommend a complete system of nutes. I was thinking something like this (the price is right) Recipe for Success Starter Fertilizer Kit. Is that enough?

1667509057797.png

:smokin:

ppmcdoodles, I'd recommend the quart/liter size of nutes. That size will last a few grows, allows for error with extra res changes if needed. I'm guessing the recipe for success is the bc techniflora nutes. I had that same kit, didn't like it. It should work out just fine if that's what fits the budget, but most of that stuff is of sample size, and you'll end up running out of something before your done.

Look at the 3 part AN ($15 a bottle $45 total) or 2 part Sensi AN nutes (2 grow $30, 2 bloom $30, total $60), or any other equivalents. All liter sizes.

Oops, just saw that 27 gallon tote. You'll be burning thru nutes even faster, so start with the biggest bottles that fits your budget. I was thinking you running a Deep Water Culture tub as I have no experience running such a large res.

what size nutrient bottles should I get for an entire first grow? gallon? quart? liter? 2oz lol?

hi there.

First off: Big fan. I have been studying this forum for a while now. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Onto the question. :confused:

I've been slowly acquiring all my gear and I'm currently shopping around for my nutrients. They come in a lot of different sizes apparently. As far as the basic 'grow' and 'flower' go, how much of each would I need for a full grow seed to lung. (Bubblegummer seeds with a "medium" flower length)

Details:
6 plants (hopefully)
DWC w/ drip feed
27 gallon tote
2x4x6 grow space
400w hps
lst/scrog

I have used the search function, but I can't seem to find this fairly simple piece of info :D

Thanks a heap for any information. Also feel free to recommend a complete system of nutes. I was thinking something like this (the price is right) Recipe for Success Starter Fertilizer Kit. Is that enough?
:smokin:

As a rule of thumb, start with the quart containers.
I'd reconsider using the 27 gallon tote. Nutes are added per gallon of water and I use 6 gallons of water, one gallon per plant, so I need less nutes, and a lot less hauling water, much less draining and replenishing water, than you will have to do.

If you hang with the 27 gallon tote, get gallons of nutes, instead of quarts.

OK don't wanna ask many questions so I try to w8 til I "have to" and now is time. Have 6BP's going. Almost ruined the whole gig by dropping water level way low last week. You saved the farm by telling me to get it back to where it is now. All 6 are 6 weeks old. Last night I noticed one has "balls" and my question is,leave him as I actually do want seeds from this criptonite,or get him out of there. Also is he a male or is he "morphing"? I have pics if that will help explain better. Also same salesman who told me to "lower the level" also sold me a product called FLORAKLEEN. I am scared to use it since he almost wiped out the farm with wrong info about h2o level. So would you use FLORAKLEEN in a BP set-up and should the "guy" be allowed to stay. The 12/12 starts march 1st or 15th depending. Thx in advance

"Thanks for the replies Frosty and Roseman. Appreciate it."

LOL ummmm ok,well an answer? Should the one I thought was "acacia" and now appears to be "adam" be removed? And also is it too early for me to contemplate cloning as they are only 6 weeks old. thx

OK don't wanna ask many questions so I try to w8 til I "have to" and now is time. Have 6BP's going. Almost ruined the whole gig by dropping water level way low last week. You saved the farm by telling me to get it back to where it is now. All 6 are 6 weeks old. Last night I noticed one has "balls" and my question is,leave him as I actually do want seeds from this criptonite,or get him out of there. Also is he a male or is he "morphing"? I have pics if that will help explain better.

I was waiting on the pics, sort of hard to tell without seeing it.
So are you have not started 12/12 and you already got a male? How is that?

If you want seeds, you will need some male pollen, but you will wind up with more seeds than you want or need, unless you remove him.

Also same salesman who told me to "lower the level" also sold me a product called FLORAKLEEN. I am scared to use it since he almost wiped out the farm with wrong info about h2o level. So would you use FLORAKLEEN in a BP set-up and should the "guy" be allowed to stay. The 12/12 starts march 1st or 15th depending. Thx in advance

Your Florakleen is used to remove nutrients when doing a FLUSH just before HARVEST. It is of no use or benefit to you now. He must of been a very persuasive salesman.

Thanks! If I knew how to post the pic I would. And yes I now realize the flush is a product I dont need at this time. See? Told ya I am new,ha ha. They have only been on 18/6 and never on 12/12 and I have one showing male signs. I will figure a way to post the pic or e-mail me and I'll send it to ya or take more. Thx

Thanks! If I knew how to post the pic I would. And yes I now realize the flush is a product I dont need at this time. See? Told ya I am new,ha ha. They have only been on 18/6 and never on 12/12 and I have one showing male signs. I will figure a way to post the pic or e-mail me and I'll send it to ya or take more. Thx

The info here would certainly help you:

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Wanted to take a second to thank you guys. Looks like he is gonna come out and get "dirted" and live happily ever after on his own outback. This way I can use the seed when the time comes. THX I am very glad I discovered this forum. In the pic on my profile the "guy" is in the front left and about to be a goner! Thx again gentlemen.

Those SH prepacked nutes are weak, designed for CFL growing, and the advantage is NO MEASURING. I've done 8 grows with them, because they are simple. They are cheap too, but if you are going with HID lights, the very best (and most expensive) are the ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
from Canada , made especially for growing pot. They are awesome and easy to use and balance the pH best of all.

I agree 100% on the AN. I've heard a lot of complaints about the SH nutes, I never tried them as a result.

I built a system awhile ago that was basically the same as Stealth's Deep Water Culture and it worked beautifully until I retired it last year. But I was growing with Advanced Nutrients and like you say they're just plain awesome.

Hi Roseman & all the other helpful "Deep Water Culture". I have a question. I live in a small country on the other side of the world, we have 1 hydroponic shop in my city & i cant get an irragation hub. Ive looked on the net, but the hydro shops in the States wont send to my country. What i want to know is it possible or helpful to set up a drip system from the pump to each pot? I'd have to use sum "T",s & make a circle & have a "T" with tube going to each plant. This would only be until the roots are large enough to reach the water.

P.S This is the fiurst time ever posting on a forum. Ive followed all your tutorials & are subscribed to them all. At the moment i am getting all the bits together to make a home made bubble system. You knowladge has been "INVALUABLE".
Thanks alot

Hi Roseman & all the other helpful "Deep Water Culture". I have a question. I live in a small country on the other side of the world, we have 1 hydroponic shop in my city & i cant get an irragation hub. Ive looked on the net, but the hydro shops in the States wont send to my country. What i want to know is it possible or helpful to set up a drip system from the pump to each pot? I'd have to use sum "T",s & make a circle & have a "T" with tube going to each plant. This would only be until the roots are large enough to reach the water.

P.S This is the fiurst time ever posting on a forum. Ive followed all your tutorials & are subscribed to them all. At the moment i am getting all the bits together to make a home made bubble system. You knowladge has been "INVALUABLE".
Thanks alot

I know the irrigation hub can be found on amazon.com, at Lowes, and at Home Depot. And at www.stealthhydro,com too. But I do not know to where they will ship.

The T thing, I have seen it done, but it is near impossible to get them all to flow equally. There is a little regulator made for Aquariums, that will work. They are called GANG VALVES and you can google "Aquarium parts, Gang Valves" to see them.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the fast reply. Ill check amazon as thats one place i never thought of & who may ship to me.

Thanks again for all you help & information you have supplied.

I know the irrigation hub can be found on amazon.com, at Lowes, and at Home Depot. And at www.stealthhydro,com too. But I do not know to where they will ship.

The T thing, I have seen it done, but it is near impossible to get them all to flow equally. There is a little regulator made for Aquariums, that will work. They are called GANG VALVES and you can google "Aquarium parts, Gang Valves" to see them.

Thanks again, they all don't ship outside the USA or Canada. I'm thinking that i might have to make 1. What is the best flow rate to go for. I could adjust each 1 with 1 of those valves, put it into a jug & time how long to get a liter, then match them all. What do you think is the idea rate for say a minutes flow?

Again your help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom