Deformities!

Foster420

What up growers!?!? Does anyone have any insight as to what these deformities are caused by?
She's a critical mass grown from seed, supposedly great genetics. I'm using promix bx amended with myke brand mycorrhizae and remo nutrients supercharger kit at half strength. For lights I'm using a 70watt 4ft led and a bestva dc 1000 on veg mode.
Im currently growing one and its a few days to a week from being done and I don't recall these fucked up looking leaves on it. Usually if I see this shit it's on a monster crop clone or sketchy genes.
Cpl pics of what it looks like just about done. Thanks for looking.

IMG_20201122_115902.jpg

IMG_20201122_115844.jpg

IMG_20201122_115809.jpg

IMG_20201122_010351.jpg

IMG_20201122_010101.jpg

IMG_20201122_005952.jpg

IMG_20201122_115852.jpg

IMG_20201122_115606.jpg

Looks like the deformities are at/next to a site where you topped. My 1st inclination is to assume you knicked the growing shoots as you topped and caused a couple of weird looking leaves. No worries. As it grows it will produce more "non-deformed" leaves.

Disclaimer - I could be wrong. I smoke dope. ;)

Amendment 1 - Keep an eye on those shoots. If they don't correct themselves with the succeeding leaves, you could have a pest problem. Since it is next to a "topping" site, i lean on previous statement.

Not a diagnosis for pests. Just an alert to keep your eyes peeled. It sounds like you go to great extents to avoid that. More reason to believe it was due to a knick on tender new growth. A little knick on tender new shoots can result in to half-lopped leaves as they grow out. Looks disturbing, but looks is where the concern ends.

Not quite but I can see how you would think that. A fim looks like you cut the leaves straight across and each leaf would be missing the ends. The way I fim it would anyway. Thanks though

Not a diagnosis for pests. Just an alert to keep your eyes peeled. It sounds like you go to great extents to avoid that. More reason to believe it was due to a knick on tender new growth. A little knick on tender new shoots can result in to half-lopped leaves as they grow out. Looks disturbing, but looks is where the concern ends.
Turns out I had spidermites. I say had because I chopped my plants and scrubbed the shit out of my tents with bleach and water then h202 and water. Was just the beginning of an infestation and my flower tent had none that I could see and those plants where done anyway and my veg tent the plants where only 4 weeks in and I have more of those seeds. Will do a cpl more cleanings while the seeds are cooking and hope for the best. Fuckin pain in the ass though.

Neither did I. And then patient puffer suggested maybe it could be that so it got me looking. I found three leaves that had eggs and mites, the two spotted fuckers too.
In the pics you can see the eggs. I couldn't get a clear pic of the mites. I found five mites and probably around 20 to 30 eggs. Another week or so it would've been a lot worse.

IMG_20201123_102949.jpg

IMG_20201122_145738.jpg

Agree with Nunya deformity is classic sloppy fim pinch, if it had been scissors the tips would be gone but usually fim adds the benefit of doing the double down and maintaining some photosynthesis from the damaged leaf. Looks like fim and topping both so that’s a mixed bag...

Great call on the critters Patient Puffer! I didn’t see obvious signs much like Nunya said but whenever a plant is in the shop - you should always check under the hood!

Definetly!! I'm going lab clean once I get the pest problem takin care of. My veg tent was old and the zipper was constantly getting stuck I light flap. So I just threw it in the garbage and ordered a new one. I ain't fuckin around with spider mites. Luckily I was only a few weeks in so it didn't quite as much as it could've. Live and learn I guess.
And about the fim theory I went back and looked at the veg pics from the first run of the critical mass and it had the same deformed leaves a cpl weeks in and in general the plant was a little scaggly looking.
So far any seeds I ordered from Blimburn seeds have had issues of the genetic nature.

Only reason why i said anything is because i had mites this outdoor season and it bit me in rump not jumping on top of the problem NOR knowing what the heck it was. So i didn't hesitate to throw out a couple words pf caution.

Here's pic of the last one I grew with similar deformities.
Only reason why i said anything is because i had mites this outdoor season and it bit me in rump not jumping on top of the problem NOR knowing what the heck it was. So i didn't hesitate to throw out a couple words pf caution.
Good thing you did. Thank you

Plus side, I'm redoing my whole grow room. After I started it a cpl yrs ago there was a bunch of things I didn't think of until it was going and everything was in there. So it fuckin sucks but, it wasn't too bad and now I get to start over but with experience this time. After I scrub a few more times

I have a permethrin spray that I was concidering using but I don't know if it's good for pot. It says indoor use lol. Ortho home defence Max?

Back
Top Bottom