Different strains, auto and non: what to do?

Timhomegrow

7 weeks from germination, soil, 600wat LED, two strains:. Bluedreamatic auto flower and Majin Buu non-auto. I had some low temp/pH/water issues so they were slow growing at first but doing good now except the smallest Majin Buu....but it's come to life the past week.

The Blue Dream autos have 5-6 nodes and I think I'm seeing pitils on one (see photo). Biggest Majin Buu has 5 nodes but not seeing any calyx yet. None of my plants have alternating nodes. All the plants but one are 7-9" tall. I think the small Majin Buu is stunted from earlier ph/temp troubles and may be a lost cause.

Questions:
1. Auto will still flower under 18hrs of light correct? Would like to wait for at least the largest Main Buu to hit maturity before flipping to 12/12. But will this reduce yield or potency of the autos?
2. Do I need to flip the switch on the autos to see the double/triple growth spirt?
3. With 5 nodes on largest Majin Buu....ok to flip switch or wait to see calyx?

First timer, definitely not a great idea to try two strains at once and auto/non-auto. Lesson learned ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_074433.jpg
    IMG_20200514_074433.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200514_095256.jpg
    IMG_20200514_095256.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200514_095327.jpg
    IMG_20200514_095327.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
It will reduce the yield of the autos only because they could be producing all day, and they will only have light for half the day while the other plant flowers. Not a huge deal, but it’s what made me get a second light and tent.

Hi there Tim :passitleft:

Different growers are using different light schedules on autos and the discussion is still on. Personally, I don't give a shit about what people say and just follow the basics.

Plants veg. better under 18/6. I like to veg. my autos as long as I can to get a better yield. The difference between auto and photo is that your auto can start flowering in week two even under 18/6 schedule. Thats genetics and luck. These pistils are very very early indicators of upcoming buds. I wouldn't mind putting her under 18/6 until your other plants grow and become ready for flowering. Promoting veg. for a couple of weeks will pay off because your auto is in transition mode and I am sure that she will enjoy 18 hours of light. Better vegged plants produce more yield :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom