Dirtfamers Backyard Giants

are those lil white balls supposed to be camo? Like fake flowers?

LOL. Just stumbled upon this. I lke the way he's blending all the plants together. I thought that the bamboo screen in the back is kinda obvious. Notice how he built the wire fence around for support. I may have to use that one day. Look at all those bud sites.

very nice... big bushy and healthy

nice flowers. Its funny the guy who mentored me in growing.taught me that trick. He passed away some years ago(R.I.P old man)We use to go to his field, and i mean fields, and put flowers all over the grow, and i mean hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of plants. and he pulled it off everytime.

Many Many +reps for you.You have no idea how happy it made me feel when i saw that.It reminds me of spending all that time with oldman. thanx. You just made my year

Thanks guys.

I have to adjust the flower again. Move them up. I just put them on incass my cousin has some company.

About the Bamboo fence. Sure it not ideal but what do you do? Have 3 foot colas swinging over the fence. I had no clue thay would get this big.

The outdoor plants get LST'd and pruned to keep a low profileand more buch like apearance. What strain U got there?

The outdoor plants get LST'd and pruned to keep a low profileand more buch like apearance. What strain U got there?

That plant has about 250 feet of string already tieing it down. It just keep going.

That being said I did not LST when it was small. I seen how big and fast she was growing at 5 feet. (1 foot below the fence) At this time I started tieing her over. I had netting on the top of the first fence. But that just made a solid canopy on top with zero airflow tucked under the net. So not knowing that they would get this big I was to late on LST to 100% control the plant.

So yah this plant has been LST to the max already.

Five of the plants are G-13 and one plant I do not know the strain name.

You said:

So you say start pruning all my tops?

I think I will stick to my plans and buy some more string.

No, I was speaking in regards to the veg stage. In flower outdoor I only tie down new growth. I may try supercropin next run. But yeah I try to take care of all the training b4 flower. Outdoor grows too big too fast. I wasn't trying to suggest that u prune now. U got some nice looking plants, I was just wondering what u gonna do about smell? Or is it not a big issue?

No, I was speaking in regards to the veg stage. In flower outdoor I only tie down new growth. I may try supercropin next run. But yeah I try to take care of all the training b4 flower. Outdoor grows too big too fast. I wasn't trying to suggest that u prune now. U got some nice looking plants, I was just wondering what u gonna do about smell? Or is it not a big issue?

Smell to my neighbors (Family) is not an issue. It is there company and Hispanic yard workers that come once a week. The smell will have to travel about 100 feet to reach the front street. I am more worried about that.

I will buy a truck of manure and put a pile on one side of the house. I will put another pile in the corner behind the plant on the fence. Rippers will smell shit before they smell my plants. After I harvest the plants I will till the munure into my garden for next year.

Nothing like a big pile of shit to cover the smell.

The other neighbor is about 70 and has seen them already. He has no problem with it and even voted to make it legal. I really do not think he is going to go tell any rippers.

That being said I am sleeping in my tent everynight. I set it up under the patio. 3 dogs and I.

That's a Garden!!

Now here'a a guy who knows what he's doin, Yea the tent, dog, and bat bring back memories of a grow I witnessed in recent years. I like the shit pile idea, have u used it yet? I'm curious to know. And its cool that u live in an area with coo people. I can't wait to get somewhere like that. Neighbors are all cool, just high crime. Dude start a grow journal. I'd love to read what u have to offer. If u don't know how to start a journal, click here> How to Make a Grow Journal. Good luck!! :peace:

Re: That's a Garden!!

Now here'a a guy who knows what he's doin, Yea the tent, dog, and bat bring back memories of a grow I witnessed in recent years. I like the shit pile idea, have u used it yet? I'm curious to know. And its cool that u live in an area with coo people. I can't wait to get somewhere like that. Neighbors are all cool, just high crime. Dude start a grow journal. I'd love to read what u have to offer. If u don't know how to start a journal, click here> How to Make a Grow Journal. Good luck!! :peace:

I have not used it though. I was told to try it in another forum. I know it will work though. I grew up around cow and horses. You might have to go stir the shit LOL every few days.

I am going to wait until if they stink or not. I might get lucky.

They sale fresh manure and rotted manure. Get the fresh manure. Make sure you wait a year after you till fresh manure back into your garden. Fresh is to hot. Rotted you can till and grow right away. If you wait a year with fresh it will break down in your garden.

Also I am not to sure about a truck load. Maybe you can get by with placing the bags of shit they sale every 10 feet around your yard. Shit who knows. I will think of something. Just have to go back and stare at the plants. It always works :)

Thanks dirtfarmer. Keep us posted +reps to u. Stop by our contests section. U may want to enter one of ur plants into the plant of the mont contest. A lot of people vote for their buddies or their favoirite flower shots but there's another outdoor guy there. Y don't u come give him some competition. Click the Vote in our contests link in my signature. While Ur there, take a look at my indoor grow, if u have any input it would be greatly appreciated.

SL738211.JPG

SL738209.JPG

SL738208.JPG

SL738200.JPG

SL738198.JPG

SL738194.JPG

Do you notice something missing from the pic? I tied the 3 main colas over on the tall plant to my right. This plant was another foot taller yesterday. I have a carport cover that I am going to cover them with when the rain comes. This plant was closed to 10 feet tall.

SL738198.JPG

Here is the side view. I cut the Sunflower down. To much shade. It was a mistake planting it to close. This side should still fatten up though.

SL738197.JPG

The Italian Cypress Look like an excellent way to give urself a little more vertical room. Those plants are insane. Can't wait to see how this grow ends. I didn't notice that u tied it down. I had to go back in pics. Keep it up. From the looks of things u've done thisb4. What strains are they?

Back
Top Bottom