DIY Little SCROG unit

ledtester

Thanks to The Hemp Goddess.....I decided to do a little SCROG setup. It is mostly self explanatory.

1 & 2-Materials
3-Drill a 1-1/8" hole on each side of the top of the container.

scrog_001_2_.jpg

scrog_004_2_.jpg

scrog_038_2_.jpg

4-Measure distance from bottom of container to top of lid. Subtract 1-1/2" from that and cut 2 pieces of PVC that length.

5-The following pieces will all be glued together. These are the "legs". Take the pieces you cut and put a tee on one end and a male adapter on the other. Cut 4 short pieces of PVC around 3" for the legs. Attach to the end of the tees and put caps on these pieces.

6-Put the legs through the 1-1/8" holes you drilled and screw a female adapter onto the threads of the male adapter until it is tight. Make sure that your legs are aligned correctly.

scrog_005_2_.jpg

scrog_007_2_.jpg

scrog_010_2_.jpg

7-Decide how large you want your SCROG frame and make a vertical and a 45 (if needed) to get a rectangle the size you want.

8-Put your rectangle together (I ran out of PVC so that is why one side is open, but you want a complete rectangle).

9-Attach chicken wire or other mesh to the PVC frame with zip ties.

scrog_013_2_.jpg

scrog_015_2_.jpg

scrog_040_2_.jpg

10-The unit in action.

I like that I can lift the frame and top away from the res and it will sit by itself with the plants to clean the res if need be.

scrog_042_2_.jpg

That's a pretty sweet setup! Nice work with the PVC too! IMHO if I may I would suggest using a larger screen so the buds can make it through so they aren't pinned down underneath with the canopy potentially smushing them. Or you can clip the screen where the promising buds are to let them through. I love the ScOG! It's a little more maintenance but def worth it! Great job!

Really awesome job on the DIY scrog screen/growing unit!!!!! Very creative and innovative...you could probably have something like that manufactured and sell them :) Great idea and props for sharing!!! The only suggestion I would have was mentioned above, you may want to go with a screen with about 2"-3" squares so the buds/stems/leaves will fit through the screen better :) but overall awesome build!!!

Back
Top Bottom