Do I need Cal Mag?

It has to do with the tuned and focused LED light, in exactly in the most bioactive hot spots in the light spectrum for the plants. They are getting more useful light, so they work harder and have greater nutrient needs.
Cool explanation. Good Info to know. Cheers

It has to do with the tuned and focused LED light, in exactly in the most bioactive hot spots in the light spectrum for the plants. They are getting more useful light, so they work harder and have greater nutrient needs.

I’m using the Fluence Spydr 2p

660 actual wattage pull

1700 PPFD

Plants love it now that I’m ahead of the cal mag thing

Attachments

• E62C4271-0E11-4E31-AE62-36147A117456.jpeg
    E62C4271-0E11-4E31-AE62-36147A117456.jpeg
    867.7 KB · Views: 152
2 more cents worth ...... I use it it all my grows but when I posted my reply initially it was in regards to Autoflowers. I was and still using ONLY LED`s and soil-less or mixes of soil and coco fiber medium. Auto`s develop 2X as fast as feminized photoperiods and require, are happier with an extra zap of nuit`s.
Also 1/4 teaspoon to 1 gallon of water from start up until final 3 - 4 weeks allows you to cut down on bottled or supplemented nuit`s, if you choose to go that route with regular feminized strains. It allows the plant to fully // more completely digest what you are giving them.
In turn that means you can lower the strength, PPM amount helping to reduce salt build up ...... most have a heavy hand when showing their baby`s love!!

keep`em Green !!
Peace...

I grow in LOS, and I am still trying to figure that out, I would have a bottle of calmag on hand just in case. I will be picking one up soon, I have lots of calcium and magnesium in my soil but my plants still thirst for it, maybe there isn’t enough readily available in my soil.

But I use LEDs and plants crave calmag under LED.

I also have recently made a batch of homemade calcium phosphate with egg shells and apple cider vinegar. I used Emilyas recipe.

Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

I’ve never had a cal mag problem until I switched to LED lighting.

I’ve since read a lot of articles that high power LED’s encourage cal mag deficiency.

I’m not sure why, but it’s easy to control so long as you don’t ignore it
Me either. Science says you have enough cal:Mg in the soil your plants will be fine.

That liquid cal/mag is for hydro growers.

I've never had any issue with cal/mag deficiencies and I run about the MAX led light you can put on plants indoors at ~35w per square foot.

Since cannabis loves Ca we need to have plenty in the soil BEFORE plants get planted. Soil test will tell you the amounts and ratio to Mg. If its there you wont need extra.

Some strains require cal/mag under LED lighting more than others. It’s just a fact.

I’ve grown in Coots style mix and faux mix with Mega Crop. In both mediums I found a strain here and there that yellowed right after flip. The proper dose of cal/mag fixed the issue in a day or two.

I’ll go out on a limb and say, depending on your water source, you need to PH. If your high in alkaline and high pH, the medium (soil or soil-less) can not compensate for the life of the plant though bloom.

Peace.

I dont like to give advice on mediums or nuit`s, people here and on other forums get snippy. I look at it this way you are growing plants. In time you will get to know what is right and what is wrong. All plants need N, P, K to florish, most dont know that Calcium and Magnesium MAKE those needed 3 key componds work properly.

If you research it you will find out what they do, one quick one is Magnesium is more important then nitrogen to develop chlorophyll. And Calcium is a carrier it allows the others to ride on it and moves freely through out the whole plant. So it has some advantages to use it .....

If I had to chose a bottle of CalMag or a new 1200 watt LED. I would buy the CalMag, it is that important. The guy not using it and is buying organic dirt (??) is not looking at how much bud he is going to get. More likely is a conisoir with $40 dollar bottles of wine on a rack with dust on them.

It is more important to find out what these things do for the plant, then as to why someone else likes or has no need for it. As your plants grow so do you, fertilize your mind and you will see great results in your plants.

...Peace .....:420:
VERY TRUE....He'll be kicking himself in the behind once he sees the difference......First thing I bought.....

I grow in LOS, and I am still trying to figure that out, I would have a bottle of calmag on hand just in case. I will be picking one up soon, I have lots of calcium and magnesium in my soil but my plants still thirst for it, maybe there isn’t enough readily available in my soil.

But I use LEDs and plants crave calmag under LED.

I also have recently made a batch of homemade calcium phosphate with egg shells and apple cider vinegar. I used Emilyas recipe.

Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells
Calcium phospate is a salt of a strong base and a weak acid and will produce a alkaline solution when broken down. The problem is that it's inherent pH is low, kind of like the organic citric acid in lemon juice and its long break down time becoming alkaline. This might cause pH swings in the medium when added on top of the plant food.

A more safer and stable route would be either Calcium carbonate or Calcium sulfate, carbonate being inherent high in pH and sulfate neutral.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom