Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, or anybody else, could you please share your recipe for bulletproof coffee, the benefits you mention sound like something I would benifit from. I looked online but all the results were garbage.

Merry Christmas all!
Ordered these from ACE for my stocking stuffer! :)

Golden Tiger 5 (standard)
Panama 10+5 free (standard)
Purple Haze Malawi 5 (standard)
Zamaldelica 10 (standard)
Plus came with a choice of selections..I chose a 10 pack of standard(reg) mixed strains, not the tropical mix..as freebies

My 2 Willie Nelsons have sprouted, and so far 1 of WOS Columbian beans have too! Add to the bunch, 1 WOS Kwazulu, a couple of unknowns and a couple of self made autos...presently 9 Started from seeds, 11/13 in Docs HB kit.
Should be very interesting :) I will attempt a journal at beginning of new year.

Nice! I received my Malawi seeds directly from Ace as well. Just waiting for the soil to be ready.

Oh, the purple malawi, which seems awesome, was replaced by purple haze. ACE was out of the P.M.
They paid for shipping, gave me 5 free panama seeds for ordering 10. And since my screename here ends in Y, no just kidding, since I spent almost all my Santas stocking money, over 100€, they gave me choice of 10 free standard(regular) seeds..i picked their non tropical mix..i get to sample their other incredible strains :)

Neikodog, how long you got till your HB soil is done?

I mixed it on December 6th. Both my tents are on day 34 of flower so a free tent is my hold up. I'm thinking about 3 weeks til I can consolidate and free up a veg tent. The wait is killing me. This is my first grow and I wish I would've started right out with high brix. Too bad there isn't a donation box somewhere that I could donate all the nutes I won't need anymore. You know, help out the less fortunate.

I mixed it on December 6th. Both my tents are on day 34 of flower so a free tent is my hold up. I'm thinking about 3 weeks til I can consolidate and free up a veg tent. The wait is killing me. This is my first grow and I wish I would've started right out with high brix. Too bad there isn't a donation box somewhere that I could donate all the nutes I won't need anymore. You know, help out the less fortunate.

Neikodog, welcome to HB growing! :) Great idea to give your nutes away. At least you are not having to undo yrs of nute experience, and you were willing to try this incredible system.
It makes perfect sense, to me at least, to try this system. Minerals, Mycos, and Magic...thats Docs saying. Hes done the footwork, and experimenting and journaled, still doing them, his results. His hard dedicated work is incredible, as anyone can see by his results.
Plus you have many others who have tested it and all of them are willing to share their knowledge, wisdom to help us here on 420mag.
But wait, theres more! The price of the kit is so reasonable...its a fantastic deal.. It will grow 6 beautiful plants and with amazing results.
I know im preaching to the choire, :) but it is friday... :)

Doc, or anybody else, could you please share your recipe for bulletproof coffee, the benefits you mention sound like something I would benifit from. I looked online but all the results were garbage.

Bulletproof Coffee:

1. Get the cleanest coffee you can get. Upgraded coffee is excellent, but I've found Trader Joe's organic fair trade is also quite good.
2. Get unsalted, organic GRASS FED butter. Kerrygold is perfect.
3. Get some organic coconut oil. Not water, not cream....oil. You can also use MCT oil, or get the stuff from Upgraded Self....but coconut oil will get the job done for a "newb" just fine.

Brew the coffee, add 2 tblspn butter and 2 tablespoon Coconut oil to each cup, put it in a blender and blend it into a frothy mix. Drink and enjoy! Skip breakfast! Definitely skip breakfast with this....this is your breakfast now.

I can go into more detail if needed, but that's the gist of it.

Doc and anyone, Im running 11/13 from seed start. Any idea (6-8 weeks?) how long usually, with 11/13 before plants show sex?
I know i have weeks , but PPPPPPP...
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Pot Plant Performance :)

From seed, most plants will veg for roughly a month. Those with really sharp eyes and lots of experience can determine sex after 20 days or so. If you're going to top, do it immediately after 5 sets of leaves and NO LATER.

From seed, most plants will veg for roughly a month. Those with really sharp eyes and lots of experience can determine sex after 20 days or so. If you're going to top, do it immediately after 5 sets of leaves and NO LATER.

Agree 100%! I have a few 12/12 from bean grows under me and that info is spot on. When I was reading it I was like "hows he know so damn much". Then I was like "oh yeah, its Doc..." :)

Bulletproof Coffee:

1. Get the cleanest coffee you can get. Upgraded coffee is excellent, but I've found Trader Joe's organic fair trade is also quite good.
2. Get unsalted, organic GRASS FED butter. Kerrygold is perfect.
3. Get some organic coconut oil. Not water, not cream....oil. You can also use MCT oil, or get the stuff from Upgraded Self....but coconut oil will get the job done for a "newb" just fine.

Brew the coffee, add 2 tblspn butter and 2 tablespoon Coconut oil to each cup, put it in a blender and blend it into a frothy mix. Drink and enjoy! Skip breakfast! Definitely skip breakfast with this....this is your breakfast now.

I can go into more detail if needed, but that's the gist of it.

This is a fantastic benefit to every person's day. I would suggest cutting the oil and butter by half for the first week though. Or if you do use the full amount please don't be far from a bathroom. Bulletproof coffee, will make you go for the first few times. Some people have more explosive effects than others. Just a fair warning to anyone about to start using the BP coffee. Those effect's only last for the first couple days if at all.

I made a pot for a bunch of fellow chefs at a convention center and one by one they ran to the bathroom....

Doc, I'll be switching the current grow over to 12/12 early Jan. I had an issue with the last grow - photoperiod stress (see below) so I want to make sure how best to do this. Here is the original conversation from entry #3548.

Quote Originally Posted by medmanmike View Post
Regarding "stress." Before I treated them with the AzaMax, I heavily defoliated the lower fan leaves as they were infested with the scale and I wanted to remove as much as possible. I'm thinking the defoliation and the spraying both contributed to the stress

Veg and bloom space is one and the same. Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm. I did a time shift from veg to bloom over the course of a few days.

Advice for the next grow?

Here's your problem!
Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm.
That's photoperiod stress! That's exactly what I thought you would say....something like that.

Next time have the lights come on the same time, IE 6AM, and change when the lights go off when you "flip." That two hour time difference is what caused your problem. I am 100% positive that's what did it.

Watch and see, next grow if veg lights turn on at 6AM, make sure the bloom lights do the same. If you want your veg lights to turn on at 8am....make sure the bloom cycle also starts at 8 AM.

Problem solved.

When I started this grow I kinda forgot about your advice (me bad!) and started with my standard 6 am - 12am for veg. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting leaving the start time at 6:00 am but change the end time to 6 pm to reflect the shift to 12/12, 6a - 6p.

The 6-6 period is not the best for my schedule, so I'm wondering if I could (slowly) shift the current 18/6 veg period, so the lights come on at 8am, off at 2am, before switching to 12/12? Then, go to 12/12 starting at 8am. If so, how best to do it? I can live with 6-6, but it's not as convenient. Thanks.

I use a regular coffee cup made from the best beans I can find, I add 2 tablespoons of organic salt free butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Next I blend it and set it in the fridge to cool a bit, then your good to go. Make sure you drink a lot of water, it helps the process, at least for me.

Whoops didn't see this was answered already, my bad.

But what is the "benefit", and "the process"? Does it make you poop?

the benefit is food for your brain. your brain is made of polyunsaturated fat, butter basically. If we feed our brains, with things such as polyunsaturated fat and MTC (found in coconut oil) we will avoid mental diseases later in life. That is one of the benefits. The other one...This one is important, it turns your body into the type of machine it is. A fat burning machine. So once start our day burning fat, we will continue to burn fat.

It's a good kick in the ass for all those NY resultionists, if you say "I am going to lose 20 lbs" you can obtain that goal by drinking one coffee a day and no activity level adjustments.

Yes for the first couple days, the chances of poop are very high....lol

High Brix bud and bullet proof coffee... Dam I love this thread!!!!

Doc, I'll be switching the current grow over to 12/12 early Jan. I had an issue with the last grow - photoperiod stress (see below) so I want to make sure how best to do this. Here is the original conversation from entry #3548.

Quote Originally Posted by medmanmike View Post
Regarding "stress." Before I treated them with the AzaMax, I heavily defoliated the lower fan leaves as they were infested with the scale and I wanted to remove as much as possible. I'm thinking the defoliation and the spraying both contributed to the stress

Veg and bloom space is one and the same. Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm. I did a time shift from veg to bloom over the course of a few days.

Advice for the next grow?

Here's your problem!
Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm.
That's photoperiod stress! That's exactly what I thought you would say....something like that.

Next time have the lights come on the same time, IE 6AM, and change when the lights go off when you "flip." That two hour time difference is what caused your problem. I am 100% positive that's what did it.

Watch and see, next grow if veg lights turn on at 6AM, make sure the bloom lights do the same. If you want your veg lights to turn on at 8am....make sure the bloom cycle also starts at 8 AM.

Problem solved.

When I started this grow I kinda forgot about your advice (me bad!) and started with my standard 6 am - 12am for veg. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're suggesting leaving the start time at 6:00 am but change the end time to 6 pm to reflect the shift to 12/12, 6a - 6p.

The 6-6 period is not the best for my schedule, so I'm wondering if I could (slowly) shift the current 18/6 veg period, so the lights come on at 8am, off at 2am, before switching to 12/12? Then, go to 12/12 starting at 8am. If so, how best to do it? I can live with 6-6, but it's not as convenient. Thanks.

Yes, you've got it. Have the sun come up the same time, but in the veg room it goes down 6 to 8 hours later.

You could move your times a couple different ways. What I would do is put the cloning room on 24/7 and bloom/cull everything in the veg room and put the new veg timer where you want it, and bloom at the same time next bloom. I hope you can follow that? It's kinda confusing.

Another way would be to shift the on/off time 2 minutes a day until you get where you want.

Back
Top Bottom