Does someone know what is wrong with my babies? Please help

Reptilian

hi guys i am new to the forum. this is not my first time growing but it is the first time i have had this problem or anything like this. i have been looking online but am unsure what my plant is missing. i have a couple ideas but would like some advice from some more experianced people.
Strain - white lemon, early vixen ,big bud, and great white shark
# of Plants - about 9 affected out of 40
Grow Type - pro mix
Grow Stage - Vegetative(seedlings/small plants
Bucket Size - small pots
Lights -12 32w 6500k 4' flourescents
Nutrients - half strength sensi grow
Medium - na
PPM - na
PH - na
RH - 45% ish
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature -na
Room Square Footage - cabinet 53"x24"x18"'
Pests - None Known
i have 40 seedlings anywhere from 2-5 weeks old anything older than 2 wks is developing this weird leaf condition. it starts with blotching light brown to dark brown spots. then the leaf tip dry up and curl up . they started out growing fast but have seemed to slow down but i could be wrong. i plan to move the big ones (white lemon) and the big bud under a 1000w light when my room build is finished and the rest are going outside i would like to solve the problem before throwing them under that light. i think it is a nute defeciancy of some kind but not sure what. i was watering with distilled water but not sure if that might be the cause
20160322_235051_1_.jpg
20160322_235104_1_.jpg

Root bound need bigger pots, I also saw your PH as NA. When using small pots I feed every time lightly. Feed/water will give me those spotd. Try feed/feed but start at 1/4 str.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

How big are those "pots"? They appear tiny - like cups. If so, bigger pots are probably needed.
1/2 strength feedings that early sounds a little aggressive to me.
Your temps are on the high side.

hey guys thanks for getting back to me. the bigger plants are are in orchid pots(the clear ones) I just planted them in there a few days ago so i dont think they are root bound. i cant see roots through the clear container. the other is 3x3x3"pots and they are all getting transplanted later today. I checked the ph of the water today and it was at least 7. all i have for a few days is test strips for my kids pool.the guy at the hydro store here told me to give them half strength nutes( sensi grow ph perfect. if i mix it at 1/4 st will it still adjust the ph like it is supposed to.i have only given them a weak feeding 2 times and the rest has been distilled water straight from the bottle with ph around 7. i suspect my plant is having a hard time to consume the nutes it needs.

Ah, distilled water is bad. No minerals and you plants are showing issues. I'd cover up clear pots roots do not like light. Look at your nutes feeding schedule and try to follow it by the week. It should start you off with seedling feeding strength. Is your soil hot or cold (FFOF hot, FFHD not). If cold feed little more, if hot then not so much. I think the water your using is causing those spots.

Cheers

Funny, I use distilled water loaded with NUTES because i have better control of the PH level and NUTES i use seem to work very well with what i do...
It sure makes the girls stronger.
I`m not a fan of tap water, no way, no how, and believe distilled is so much healthier to your grow.
Using tap water in my area isn`t an option, nor would i recommend you use it... As for nutes, i use seaweed extract, big grow, tiger bloom, cal/mag and fish emulsion and simply rotate as needed..

Ah, distilled water is bad. No minerals and you plants are showing issues. I'd cover up clear pots roots do not like light. Look at your nutes feeding schedule and try to follow it by the week. It should start you off with seedling feeding strength. Is your soil hot or cold (FFOF hot, FFHD not). If cold feed little more, if hot then not so much. I think the water your using is causing those spots.

Cheers

What do you mean feeding schedule?
The intrusions tell me the different mixtures but no info on how often.
It says Use 1 ml per liter for cuttings and seedlings
Use 2 ml per liter for small plants 3-4 sets of leaves
Use 4ml per liter during all weeks of the grow phase But that's it. The guy at the store said to do half strength the first couple times and then do it once every 3-4 watering. My promise is enhanced as they call it but not much like .008 % nitrogen kinda thing

are you a messy feeder did you hit the leaves when feeding , i also agree the clear pots will not be nice for your roots

I probably have splashed them I just realized I may have splashed them on their very first feeding. That feeding I gave them a weak dose of all purpose miracle grow being all I had. But don't people folier feed them sometimes? Wouldn't that be the same thing. Last year I had the same setup for starting my outdoor crop early. The only thing different is promise this year and distilled water

Foliar feeding is done but with a much lower concentration. Foliar feeding can cause phototoxicity even when using the correct concentrations. That may be the problem. I agree about clear pots being bad. No light for roots. They don't want anyone to see what they do down there. :cheesygrinsmiley:

hey guys just wanted to asay thanks a lot for helping me. i will be putting your tips to good use tonight i am re potting all 44 i thought there was only 40... thats a lot of holes to dig lol. i will post the results of my changes in about 1 week to 10 days. i did call adv nutrients today for feeding schedule info and that guy told me to give full strength every time i water being that im in promix... thoughts? Thanks again everyone happy growing peace:thanks::thumb:

What do you mean feeding schedule?
The intrusions tell me the different mixtures but no info on how often.
It says Use 1 ml per liter for cuttings and seedlings
Use 2 ml per liter for small plants 3-4 sets of leaves
Use 4ml per liter during all weeks of the grow phase But that's it. The guy at the store said to do half strength the first couple times and then do it once every 3-4 watering. My promise is enhanced as they call it but not much like .008 % nitrogen kinda thing
If your using AN there is a weekly feeding calculator on line to adjust strength based on plant age in weeks. Fox farm also has a schedule. All lines have feeding schedule. Do not read bottle, look on line at your system and use those numbers vs bottle.

Cheers

Hey guys it's been a bit and we made some changes base on your feedback and this is the result. I u potted the and got them on a regular feeding schedule at half strength. I feed them every time I water and they seem to be loving it. We finished the room build tonight and placed them under 2 600w cooltubes. Tomorrow they wil get planted in 25 l hercules pots.

I want to try to do a grow journal for this trip. It's our first grow in this room and it's been many yrs since we were inside. Very exciting times.tonight i only put the ballasts at 50%being that they came out from under just flourecents. i was worried i might light shock them at 100%%. Do i need to worry about that?
20160406_004802.jpg
20160406_004750.jpg
20160406_004731.jpg
20160406_004728.jpg

all in all i would say the build went pretty smooth ... that is except for almost cutting my finger off with the skill saw sun afternoon. rushing trying to finnish. its still there thank god but i wont post pics of that here lol. Peace:hookah: im off to smoke some medical grade concentrates then off to bed. Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom