Dread's 400w Tent

re: Dread's 400w Tent

I love me some amber trics. I didn't get enough of the "put me to sleep" I was looking for on my last round.
I suppose you wouldn't want your whole harvest to be the same way.

Santa knows best, Check your trics twice ;) lol

Congratulations on the harvest :yahoo:!
I look forward to the pictures!!:peace:

Thanks Scop. I'm starting to smoke on the first girl and she's got a heavy stone. Daytime smoke, not so much...

I'll have some more photos for ya here in the coming week. The Flo is coming down tonight or tomorrow. Gonna stink up my whole place while she drys...

Very nice man.Looking through your journal I saw that charcoal filter.It looks like the same one I got off of Amazon.(Australian charcoal I believe) I was wondering how that did on odor from exhausted air?

Looking good Dread man, looks like you are getting close to being able to smoke them bitches.......... Hope all the crowds up there arent tracking up all the good stuff!!! I was at A-Basin yesterday, they had a pretty good avalanche that grabbed a bunch of peeps, all are ok...
Jon, if you have the right environment below the canopy (humid/shade) then the roots will bust out of the pots and keep going. It won't air prune in those conditions, but will grow right through the pot, Specially if you are growing in coco, the roots just go ballistic.... I have had roots from one plant try and get into its neighbors pot! I make sure I have enough air flow low, and try to get some light down low so that they will air prune..... Transplanting is a bitch, but if you have to do it, you can still shave the roots when you move to a bigger bag.....just needs a little more recovery time......... I have not had a plant get root bound in these pots yet, using soil that is...

Irie's right on - When I use fabric pots, I make sure they have the ability for air movement at/near the bottom. I also water with a fair amount of run off, then drain out as much excess as I can, so that they don't sit in water or have an overly soggy bottom. I keep them on shallow wider saucers that have raised ridges. Deeper saucers, or saucers that are too close to the size of the "pot" will cause roots to grow through due to holding in moisture. Any prolonged contact between the fabric and moisture will cause some roots to grow through.

Aeration containers like fabric or "Air Pots" are really difficult to get root bound conditions with as Irie mentioned. I've grown plants in containers that would have been much too small had they been hard-sided traditional pots.

In theory you could just nest a fabric pot inside of any larger pot - as long as it's tight to the media around it, the roots will grow right through. Same goes for setting one down on soil outside, it should allow the roots to grow right down into the soil below. Or, bury it in soil outside...

Good luck with the upcoming harvest, Dread! Looking great as always... :yummy:

BTW, I'm hella jealous of the snowboarding talk... I'd love to be at A-Basin right now. Until I ended up screwing my back up so bad, I was a hardcore skier (used to snowboard some too). Winter Park was a favorite, or anywhere in Summit County - but then I have yet to meet a mountain I can't (couldn't) have fun on. I miss it so f'ing much!!

Very nice man.Looking through your journal I saw that charcoal filter.It looks like the same one I got off of Amazon.(Australian charcoal I believe) I was wondering how that did on odor from exhausted air?

Thank you Minus...

I got my filter locally, it works great. I don't know if there's any brand to it. I think its just a generic carbon filter. It does extremely well. If the tent is closed, absolutely no odor escapes.

Irie's right on - When I use fabric pots, I make sure they have the ability for air movement at/near the bottom. I also water with a fair amount of run off, then drain out as much excess as I can, so that they don't sit in water or have an overly soggy bottom. I keep them on shallow wider saucers that have raised ridges. Deeper saucers, or saucers that are too close to the size of the "pot" will cause roots to grow through due to ho lding in moisture. Any prolonged contact between the fabric and moisture will cause some roots to grow through.

Aeration containers like fabric or "Air Pots" are really difficult to get root bound conditions with as Irie mentioned. I've grown plants in containers that would have been much too small had they been hard-sided traditional pots.

In theory you could just nest a fabric pot inside of any larger pot - as long as it's tight to the media around it, the roots will grow right through. Same goes for setting one down on soil outside, it should allow the roots to grow right down into the soil below. Or, bury it in soil outside...

Good luck with the upcoming harvest, Dread! Looking great as always... :yummy:

Thanks for dropping the wisdom on us X. That pretty much summed up everything I've learned using these pots... They worked just as they should. The only potential drawback for me was an increase in RH due to the porosity of the fabric. It's super dry this time of year, so no worries there, but once the summer hits, I could see that causing some issues. It is for this reason that I've switched back to plastic for my next round.

Oh and by the way, I am very sorry to hear you can't ski anymore. I sure would be bummed if I couldn't ride any longer. Its one of the best things in the world... Getting first tracks after a nice dump. Nothing like it, especially if you've got some top notch herb to stop and burn in the trees. Maybe one day you could get on one of those para-ski's. Those dudes seem to have a lot of fun getting the chance to ride again.

The Flo has been axed. She was ripe as a motherfather. Here are some teaser shots...

017298.JPG

07322.JPG

09118.JPG

09717.JPG

Preliminary Harvest Report

Flo: 31g
#3: 22g
#5: 24g

Plant #4 was cut last night. I will give a final dry weight for this round after the last plant dries. Yield on the first three was surprisingly low. That being said, I am still pleased with where I'm at. The Flo is what really matters. It has a permanent home in my garden and will bring me many jars of meds in the future.

Haven't yet had a chance to get a feel for each strain. Once I do, I'll be back with the smoke reports...

Flo

09718.JPG

113103.JPG

110111.JPG

05640.JPG

08522.JPG

08815.JPG

09316.JPG

023192.JPG

026167.JPG

019246.JPG

020248.JPG

07619.JPG

07921.JPG

06030.JPG

Looks great. :thumb: +reps

Vick, TG, Bill, thanks for the kindness as well as the reps... Wish you all could come have a sit down and sample these trees.

#4 just finished drying last night. Final dry weight was 29.5g That puts me just shy of 4 ounces for this round. While its nice to have some smoke, I know I can do much better. I'm hoping to double that on this next round. My coco girls are getting nice and bushy, they'll be flipped in a week or two and we will go from there.

0051001.JPG

016343.JPG

Couldn't resist this one:

04467.JPG

I will be continuing to update this journal as I make my way through the next round. Feel free to stick around and join me in learning about growing in coco, as well as just admiring these beautiful plants.

:peace:

Not a bad haul. I just harvest 4.72oz dry off from my three ladies. Those are some yummy nugs!

Back
Top Bottom