Dro's DWC 2nd Run: 420 Edition Autos, Clones & Others

Have you checked everything for light leaks in the res? I had it once when I left the lid with a 6 inch gap for a few days after checking the ph. I got it fairly bad but it’s all part of learning the trade with hydro.

Yeah I think that might be the issue potentially. I am using these new small 5 gallon totes and I ran the air lines on a hole on the side that was covered up with the insulation but I don't think it was completely light proof.

I got a second set of totes and I used rubber grommets to run the airlines and it is tight! SO far it had been ok and Water temps have been nicely staying at 66-67f and the plants seemed to be liking it. I am still not a big fan on how the tote lid is molded like a waffle as that could provide more potential light leak points. I do like the small low profile footprint while they are this small. They won't be on those much longer though.

Unfortunately a couple of the photo plants had to be removed due to these issues but the ones left are doing ok. ( Glad I germinated double of everything!!
Some of the autos are starting to flower already so they may just have to be removed.

I’ve always used good quality products to keep my buckets clean and free from root rot. I’ve been using them for a long time and I swear by them but they still couldn’t stop it that one time the light got in. Might explain why the Z7 didn’t stop it, I’ve not used it before but I know a ton of people on here that really rate it.

End of week 4 update.

Things are going smoothly now and getting used to running dwc and Hempy buckets, crossing my fingers it stays this way.

Hempy Wedding Cake clones
After transplanting them I have been feeding them 1 gallon every 2 days between with 1.4-1.7ec (700-850ppm) nutes. I also used some Mykos when transplanting and top dressed it before second feeding. My buddy recommended to add some recharge (some sort of beneficial bacteria cocktail) as he uses that in soil along side the Mykos. I read up on it and so far everyone seems to have some good results in soil. Quiet honestly I am not sure it would make a difference in Coco hempys but it was not expensive so might as well keep them plants used to those bennies. I am noticing the plants growing fast so I have resorted to some some LST, pinching and bending. I am probably going to need to scrog once I moved them to my flower tent, we will see how they progress. I like the ability of moving the plants so I am not 100% sold yet.

week4.jpg

DWC photos/autos
Water temps are under control and I have some nice perly white roots on all plants. One of the autos looks like a runt so it will be removed tomorrow when I change the res. I had to add 2qts of pH water on Friday so that's a positive sign the plants are growing. Here are some pics for those following along.

Gorilla Zkittlez top right. Jack Herer top left. Bruce Banger on the bottom.

wk4bin1.jpg

Top Right pineapple Express. Top left Blue dream auto runt, left bottom Blue dream auto

wk4autos.jpg

Hoping for some comments, dialogue, question from anyone from the peanut gallery. Let's get friendly!

End of week 5 update

Wedding cake clones
The clones have been moved to the flowering tent for 1 more week of vegging and getting used to their new environment.
Taking care of these have been extremely easy! The roots have definitely hit the Hempy reservoir. The coco stays moist thought out the entire week. Here is my schedule for the clones that has been working well.
Two waterings per week.
Monday
I fed each plant a gallon of 1.6 ec res (5ml calimagic, 2.5ml micro, 2.5ml grow, 2.5ml bloom) and top dressed some recharge. 5.8 pH
Thursday
Same res formula plus Mykos top dressed. 5.8pH

wcw2.jpg

Photos/autos in DWC
These have been steadily growing. 1 Bruce banger (BB1) was topped, Jack Herer (JH) was fimed, Gorilla Zkittlez (GZ) and a Bruce banger (BB2) have been left untouched.
All buckets were filled with 1.3 ec res (3.5ml calimagic, 2.5ml micro, 2.5ml grow, 1.25ml bloom). I added some GH floralicious plus to JH and BB1 to see how the plants react. In my last grow I had bad root residue which I though was root rot. This time I noticed this happening again but left the plants alone. By the end of the week most of the root was back to clean. I am not a big fan of this nutrient additive. pH moved from 5.5 to 6.2 by the end of the week. I added half gallon of water to all of them. End ppm was 1.0 ec.

week5a1.jpg

Anyone still reading this?

Those wedding cake clones look great. I’m glad you’re liking the Hempy buckets, it’s definitely a grow medium getting my attention after my air pump broke the weekend!! Your DWC girls are coming along as well. Everything looks really healthy.
Remember lots of people read these journals without leaving comments. I know that feeling wondering if you’re talking to yourself but my bets are lots of people starting out and choosing a medium will be watching this journal. Keep up the good work mate.

Mid week 6 update
There has been tons of growth on the plants in DWC.

Here is a quick update and pics.

Bruce banger 1 that was topped has now been tied down.
Bruce banger 2 is growing fast and received some bottom leave defoliation. I am very impressed with the strength of this one. Very hulk like growth.
Jack Herer is not as strong as the other plants but may need more cal-mag
Gorilla Zkittlez has an awesome tight internodal grow. Had to do some defoliation as all fan leaves were right on top of each other.

I am pretty happy with the genetics from @SeedsMan can't wait to see how they take off

BB1 tied down

bb1w6lst.jpg

BB2
bb2w6a.jpg

GZ

gzw6.jpg

JH
jhw6.jpg

Loving the training Dro. How long you planning on vegging?
Thanks @Lewydeville. It's going to be a bit tricky as I just flipped the clones to flower so I have about 8-9 weeks. I am planning on training these girls for as long possible so not too worried about slowing down their growth.

8-9 weeks is a lovely veg time. Gives you a nice cushion to get everything perfect and build nice structure in a plant.
Do you count from germination or from when the seedling gets her first set of leaves? This has always confused me. I am on week 6 since germination but more like 4-5 since first set of leaves. Just wondering

Missed out on your start but sub in . Girls are looking good all trained ! I count as soon as that stem breaks ground I’m in veg . I made it 43 days in veg before the flip , my height is limited!

Missed out on your start but sub in . Girls are looking good all trained ! I count as soon as that stem breaks ground I’m in veg . I made it 43 days in veg before the flip , my height is limited!
No problem @West Hippie. I have not received notifications from the site in a while. Kinda lost what journals I was following too.
Yeah I am limited too. The flower tent is a 48x48x80 but once you add the carbon filter and the light I am down to probably around 60 inches.

You’ve got plants everywhere, multitasking. I like it but it kept me too busy , too old !
Yes. My whole rotation got a bit messed up due to getting the free wedding cake clones but I was not going to pass that opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom